Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Mona Lisa

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

What is your opinion on the Mona Lisa?

She is simply beautiful.
No votes
She is sort of creepy.
18%
She is bizarre.
18%
She is strange, and yet beautiful in an odd way.
36%
She is unearthly.
9%
She is repulsive.
No votes
She is repulsive AND creepy.
18%

Total votes : 11

The Mona Lisa

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 pm

I've recently seen the Mona Lisa again, and upon close examination, I realized how much she freaks me out. I acknowledge that it is a masterpiece and a testament to Da Vinci's brilliance, but the woman is just creepy as hell! The lack of eyebrows and lashes, the disturbing smile, ugh...

What do you think of her? Feel free to post advanced interpretations and whatnot or simply state your opinion on her.
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Mona Lisa

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:40 pm

Well, you do know the rumor right? How the Mona Lisa was actually how Da Vinci saw himself as a woman. If you ask me I wouldn't doubt that the woman would look horrific. << Especially the smile, he is a mastermind and most people believe that the Mona Lisa is his own little joke. I think that the rumors are pretty entertaining and it just makes him sound even more brilliant.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Wow, somebody replied. Wasn't expecting that.

Anyway, I see where your coming from. Da Vinci: The greatest prankster the world has ever known!

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MetusOccultus on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:01 pm

Unearthly.

In a good way.
-Wolf
Rin, kyo, toh, sha, kai, jin, retsu, zai, zen.

MetusOccultus
GWC Veteran
Member for 17 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:47 pm

lol I think it is extremely clever. ^^
And I think that this is a good topic. I am surprised no one had replied to it before me. ^_^

Unearthly, I agree to that too. ^^

Aelita
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:56 pm

I saw it this summer.

What suprised me the most was how small it was. Like a business envelope hanging on the wall!

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:16 pm

An envelope? It's 20x31 I believe.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myth on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:09 pm

The Mona Lisa is kinda creepy, in a way. And her smile...
It's like she knows something you don't, and she's not gonna tell you...

Myth
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:29 pm

I think the Mona Lisa is beautiful. She's elegant and reserved, and it feels like she can look straight into my soul and know what I'm feeling. She looks different depending on what mood you're in when you see her. If you're happy, she appears to be happy for you and with you. If you're sad, she appears to pity you...

I think she's amazing.

And yeah, she's not the size of an envelope. o.O
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:57 am

It was hung up in a really big room.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!