Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

[IC] The Outsider: A Season of Mists

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

[IC] The Outsider: A Season of Mists

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby brujay on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 pm

The Outsider: A Season of Mists

OOC Thread
RP Tab

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah
Leonard Cohen ~ Hallelujah
Last edited by brujay on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

brujay
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [IC] The Outsider: A Season of Mists

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby brujay on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Brockenboch Manor was a stately ... estate. All brick and iron, its whimsical towers and verandas reached high into the air. It was a masterwork of architecture, a creation forged in hyperbole and founded in contrast. There were doors that lead to the open air, staircases that ran into walls, rooms that had even had beds! Er, I guess that last part isn't so weird, but just take my word for it the place is weird. Located in the heart of Massachusetts, the houses surrounding the professor's were few and far between, with the nearest of them some ten or twelve miles in either direction. Indeed, if one were trying to escape the premises, they would be solely reliant on the aid of a stray motorist or a particularly helpful woodland creature (and I wouldn't bank on the latter, the bastards are just cruel. I mean really, have you ever just stared at a squirrel? Really stared at one? They have these really huge testicles and it's kind of uncomfortable, I have to say. Just... ugh. Gross.)

The students were requested to arrive promptly at 7 PM, and would have likely taken long journeys to arrive at their professor's home. A large gate signified the front outskirts of the home, stopping short of the wilderness on either side for some strange, aesthetic reason. It would be very apparent that the Brockenboch family had paid for its solitude, the driveway alone far larger than many apartment complexes. A number of odd artifacts and sculpture dotted the grounds of the estate- the most apparent of these being a David made entirely out of fettuccine, a Japanese fighter plane circa World War II, and what appeared to be an actual Easter Island head.

The cobble stone drive would wind and divet, until it reached a small rotunda laden in stained glass and marble, otherwise known as the front step. Poised neatly outside a pair of mahogany doors, dapper as can be, the smallish figure of the beloved Franz Brockenboch fiddled with his pocket watch, awaiting the arrival of his friends, of his future, and most importantly, of his fate. The musky scent of twilight hung in the air, as the sun's final efforts waned beneath the cover of the horizon. The first stars began to appear, slow and minuscule, they offered a humble overture to the events of the evening. While some would argue otherwise, this intimate gathering was far from intimate.

In fact, the whole world was watching, whether it knew it was or not.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

brujay
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iron Fist on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:53 pm

One of the first to arrive appeared in a bright red Ford pick-up. Wheels spinning as she drove to the estate, Opal was shaking with excitement. She was literally bouncing in her seat, staring in awe at the sculptures and artifacts. She slammed on the break when she saw the professor standing there. A grin appeared on her face and she slowly drove to a parkable spot. Parking it, she swung open the door and hopped out.

"Professor! Professor Brockenboch!" she yelled, waving her arm frantically before turning and grabbing a small bag. She slammed her door, running over to him.

"Professor, it's so good to see you again!" she said, smiling and suddenly giving him a hug, quickly letting him go. "It's been way too long! There's so much to tell... I have a question, just a real quick one. Was that a real Eastern Island head or just a replica? Where did you get it? Was it expensive? Oh crap, there I go again! Asking all these questions. Seriously, is it real?"

Iron Fist
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digi-kun on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 pm

The drive was slow and long. Indeed, Shoren had to think about getting a new car. The clunking mustang definitely looked cool...way back when. But now it was just a barely surviving pile of scrap. He sighed. If only he had such money. Truthfully, he had spent whatever extra money he had just to come here. The plane ride definitely wasn't that fun, just so you know. Screaming babies and rude people sitting next to you. Shoren didn't even get the window seat.

But it was fine. Shoren smiled, it definitely would be nice to see the professor again. Sometimes, for no reason, he would come up to him and talk about the future, and dreams. He thought it was odd, but talking about the professor's dreams were definitely interesting, to say the least. And actually, it was only the professor who encouraged Shoren to keep going for his own dreams. Nowadays, it definitely is hard for an artist to get paid, unless he was seriously good. Shoren thought he still had a bit of a ways to go, but his own parents kept telling him to get an actual work skill, instead of just 'doodling'.

The estate finally started to come into view. He had admit though. Even though it was immensely out of the way to come all the way out here in the middle of nowhere, the building was very impressive. He was very excited. As he neared, he saw that someone else was already there. "So I'm definitely not the only one who was called here then." Shoren mused to himself. Wonder what he'd want to talk to us about... Shoren saw where the other person's car was parked and simply drove up next to it. Once the engine was off, he got out of the car and walked over to the professor and the other person who was here. He simply waved, not wanting to interrupt the girl who was speaking to him.

digi-kun
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kay422 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:10 am

The road seemed to stretch immeasurably into the distance tapering off at the end where the sun was rising. Maybe it had been minutes that she’d been driving, maybe hours
Either way it didn’t seem to phase her one bit. Sunny Pinto wasn’t one to linger on one thought for too long, nor was she ever bored. Entertaining herself was one of many skills she had picked up along the way of her solo journey across the United States. Her fingers tapped the peeling old steering wheel of the ancient yellow convertible Volkswagen Beetle; her head was bobbing to the music seeming to be thoroughly enjoying herself. With the top down, her dark hair in the wind, and the blasting sound of Journey on the radio who had it better than her? She couldn’t complain

“Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlights people, living just to find emotion
Hiding, somewhere in the night!”

Her crooning dulled to a mumble for a moment as she slammed on the brakes quickly in order to read a street sign, one of very few along the ways. Thank the lord for her life and others that there had been no one behind her. It seemed that Sunny had a cat-like nine lives when it came to driving. This was necessary when dealing with such a reckless human being. Hm
 She thought to herself before pushing the large, circular, leopard print rimmed sunglasses onto her head to get a better look. Looks like I’m going this way
 She noted before quickly turning the wheel and screeching back into motion quickly just in time to drone on a bit louder...

“Don't stop believin'
Hold on to that feelin'
Streetlights people Ooh oh!”

It wasn’t long before she was passing the estate of her former professor where she came to yet another short stop causing her tires to squeal. Her presence and arrival was nearly always accounted for, and not even intentionally in most cases. Her spontaneous nature and lack of subtlety made this entrance a “Cheyenne Pinto” exclusive moment. The song came to an end and she turned the key quickly letting the engine die off, and cutting the music short. Not bothering to do something mundane like open the door she stood up on the driver’s seat hopping quickly over the doorframe in a graceful sort of way despite her naturally careless style. She was sure to hold down the turquoise and yellow floral sundress that adorned her as she did so; the ballet flats on her feet were a faded shade of red. For someone who didn’t know Cheyenne it would seem as if she was diagnosed with colorblindness. She wiggled a bit to straighten the dress and pulled it straight before pushing the large eccentric sunglasses back down over her deep brown eyes.

Her gaze soon reached the porch where a young woman, and her dear old professor stood. She couldn’t recognize the woman from the side of the road but professor Brockenboch she could pick out of the crowd from a mile away.
“If it isn’t the nutty Professor Brockenboch
” She nearly shouted in a theatrical sarcasm that was paired with a brilliant smile that revealed her true emotions despite her cynicism. “It’s been a long ass time.” She added as she stepped towards the porch.
Open that door: I'll follow you into that space
Where nothing is regretted then forgotten.

Kay422
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 am

The estate of Brockenboch held many mysteries.

A man well-versed in the bizarre, and easily recognized as such by the company he kept.

On the doorstep, the steady rhythm of that solitary little man and the tick-tock-ticking of his pocket watch was joined by a second heartbeat, younger and stronger than his own, and far more frenetic. Others would surely follow, spinning to their inevitable collision, driven on by fleeting memories of goodwill that would all too soon wink out like witchfires in the night. The manor yawned behind them, a pallid god of scarlet brick against the verdant green and blue and silver of the forest, still as waiting cat, and brimming with the same vitality.

Within, there were curiosities and contradictions, the crowning moments of a collection a lifetime in the making.

David's durum wheat genitalia and the smiling, eternal face of the mo'ai were only the first greeting.

Beyond the doorway, treasures of every stripe awaited, from the pure and priceless lost works of Matisse to the far more esoteric caged pigeons and oil-spattered brushes and wind-chiseled stones.

And in the dark, bound by sand and blood, Yriel watched.
There's foxes in the hen house, and cows out in the corn
All the unions have been busted
Their proud red banners torn
To listen to the radio you'd think that all was well
But me and you and Cisco know
It's going right to hell

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iron Fist on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:41 pm

"Oh, hello!" Opal said, turning to the newly arrived people. "I didn't know there would be more people here, but I guess that's silly, now that I think of it. Of course he'd have more students. Don't let me get in the way of happy reunions."

She stepped back, smiling at the two. "I'm Opal Lewn. It's a pleausure to meet you."

Iron Fist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfPeacock on Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 pm

At the end of the very long driveway of the stately estate, Adrian tugged at his shirt to air himself off. He had planned to change into something less bike-y before reintroducing himself to the professor, but he had also expected a much shorter driveway and a cooler autumn night. He'd just ruin his evening's outfit and he only had a few.

Damned long driveway. And it's cobblestone, he realized as a yellow convertible bug made its way up the driveway.

For once he was glad that someone didn't notice him, an all too common occurrence for the dramat, although he had time to notice the girl in the car. She looked familiar and he thought that perhaps they'd been in one of Brokenboch's classes together. He figured it wouldn't be such a coincidence. There must be loads of old students coming to the professor's house. When he got the letter, Adrian couldn't believe that the eccentric old chap had remembered him. He would barely have remembered the professor if it weren't for the- the, well, je ne sais quois. As it was, he was glad to have an excuse to get away from the yacht club. Had he realized how far it was, he would borrowed a friend's car, or rented one.

Making his way up the driveway, he marveled at the lawn ornaments and wondered what happened to poor David when it rained.

"No one likes a limp, wet noodle," he said under his breath as he stood and pedaled up the long drive, wishing away the cloying sweat.

ProfPeacock
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaywardDreamer on Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:07 am

Opal was the first to arrive, exuberant and bright, and the wispy little Brockenboch smiled winningly and waved in return to her. "Welcome, Opal! Welcome, welcome, and thank you for coming!"

Franz had a voice like a spiderweb, smooth and silky and very much like a wisp of wind, even at his loudest he could be difficult to hear. It was a stark difference from the boisterous volume he'd been able to project when he still had tenure at the university. He'd suffered an accident involving a good deal of scar tissue in his throat some time after the incident that cost him his job, and consequently it was unlikely he'd ever find work as a lectern again. Academia, though, cared not that he was barely shy of mute, and his research - and frenetic collecting - went on in turn.

He was taken aback by Opal's embrace, but he returned it heartily, clapping her on the shoulder when she released him. "Yes, my girl, that's a real Mo'ai. It's only on loan, from the Smithsonian, I've got it for the duration of the month. I've fashioned a caste of it in plaster, so I'll be able to keep the spirit here, even if the body has to move on."

Next came Shoren Inoue, though as the second student did not approach too closely, Brockenboch simply raised one hand and half-beckoned, half-waved to him, inviting him closer.

And then, the shout out of Cheyenne Pinto. This brought a particular smile to Franz, she had been one of his favorite students, back in the day. He replied to her with a raspy cry of "Shy! It's good to see you never stopped believin'! In archaeology OR ignoring any sense of style! You really should consider matching colours one of these days, my dear. You know earth tones don't ever clash?"

He noted, as well, Adrian - but like Shoren, Adrian was still some distance away. Seemed the boys were shy.

"We're still waiting on a pair, but please, please, make yourselves at home, there's wine and h'ors d'oeuvre on the dining table, just two rooms in, I'll join you shortly."

WaywardDreamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digi-kun on Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:22 am

It was interesting, some of the people Shoren was running into. The two girls that had arrived, certainly had a lot of energy. The other guy, who had come in close before him, actually looked like someone you'd see on TV. It seems he's called all different kinds of student to this place. Shoren mused. But what for? Shoren wasn't a witness himself to the incident, but the professor's little fiasco back at college was quite some time ago. Why was he inviting students to his place now?

Then again, it was Professor Brokenboch after all. Who knows what that person must be thinking. To be honest, Shoren was a little pleased to see him again. "We're still waiting on a pair, but please, please, make yourselves at home, there's wine and h'ors d'oeuvre on the dining table, just two rooms in, I'll join you shortly." The professor called out.

Shoren nodded, "Thanks professor, and it's good to see you again!" And with that, he walked off down the path towards the estate. It was very tall and almost imposing, how intimidating it was. But it was also quite fascinating. All around him were sculptures and structures from earth's history, and they were all very beautiful. He loved looking at other artist's works. They gave him inspiration and wonder.

Shoren moved through the foyer, which was just as impressive as the outside. Taking his time to look around, he made his way to the dining room, where the delicious smelling food awaited them. He took his seat, but decided to wait for the others before beginning to eat.

digi-kun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfPeacock on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:30 am

Adrian grimaced as he achingly got off his bike and let it drop in the grass by the other guests' cars. Three consecutive days of biking less than an Ironman hadn't seemed so challenging, and it wasn't, not for his heart or legs. But he hoped he wouldn't have to sit too often over the next few days.

"Professor!" His smile widened as he approached the man. "It's so great to see you," he walked up and shook the man's hand, firmly but not with too much zeal. "I'd hug you but I'm all sweaty." He leaned in and asked in low tones, "Do you have a bathroom I could quickly wash up in? I don't need to shower, but, I, uh, don't want to compete with the hors d'oeuvres for aroma. Won't take more than a minute."

He turned to smile at the two women who were still outside, letting his smile get brighter on the girl in the yellow bug. "I love those shades, man," was all he could think to say to her before turning back to the professor and his washroom instructions.

ProfPeacock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iron Fist on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:36 am

"I knew it!" Opal slammed her fist into her other, open palm. "I can't believe you got them to loan it, though... well, I'll see you inside, professor."

Putting her bag on her shoulder, she made her way into the dining room. She looked around in awe as she moved through the other rooms. Sure beats my tiny apartment, she thought as she entered the dining room. She paused a moment to inhale the scent of food. Her stomach made a growl in response. Quickly, she went and sat down, leaning over to grab an h'or d'ouerve.

She looked over to find she had sat one seat away from Shoren, and he wasn't getting any food. Her hand paused then slowly moved back into her lap. Better be polite.

"Umm... I didn't catch your name," she said, looking over at him.

Iron Fist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digi-kun on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:59 pm

"Umm... I didn't catch your name," Said the girl sitting close to him. Shoren turned his head, and nodded.

"Hey there, my name's Shoren. And you're...Opal right? Nice to meet you!" He leaned back, waiting to see if anyone else was coming. "The professor's a funny guy, isn't he?" He scanned the room they were in. Even this place had some interesting decorations. "So since you're here," Shoren said, turning back to Opal. "that means that you've taken his class too right?"

digi-kun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby brujay on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Winchester hummed an indiscernible hum, a tune whose origins were a mystery to him, but it had managed to survive his long term memory. Suspended in time, it lay there like some lost city hundreds of leagues under water, only to be excavated at the most happenstance time. His hands at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, Win was taking his sweet ass time to get to Brockenboch's estate. Schedules were never a good thing in his eyes, as nature never intended mankind to hurry, unless it was after a herd of mastodons or a herd of mastodons was after them. Being that prehistoric pachyderms did not appear to be in the immediate area, he was in no need to hurry. While it might have seemed rude to any other host, the professor was not one to take such gestures as a sign of disrespect, merely artistic integrity.

The night was fast upon them, the slow caramel scarlet that had honeyed the sky now a verdant plume of indigo. He was garbed simply enough: a denim jacket, corduroy pants and a flannel shirt, none of these worn in the ironic hipster fashion, but out of true necessity. The road did not offer many dressing rooms or clothing stores, so it was good to have clothes that put up with wear and tear.

His breath smelt of apple pie and over brewed coffee, having stopped at a roadside diner some hours past. The tenants were less than socialites, but he wouldn't have had it any other way. It was the sort of place you drove by on long stretches of highway, a fleeting peripheral ghost that only left behind the question of just who would eat at such an establishment. A small television set hung above the art deco counter, and Winchester was excited at the prospect of seeing a baseball game or an infomercial. Instead, a local newscast dominated the little screen and, as a cursory glance of the diner's inhabitants revealed, their attention. A grim faced woman, pretty and small in her fuschia blazer and toe blond hair, delivered her report with decidedly un-newsperson-like empathy.

"... reports arriving that another body has been found in the Keesog river, I repeat, another body has been found in the Keesog river. Speculation is scarce, but it appears that this is the body eleven year old Daniel Corrigan, the seventh child to have been abducted. Police will not provide any further information regarding the find, but the community has been very vocal about their lack of proactive action against these murders. This marks the ... marks the ninth child killed at the hands of the alleged "horseman" killer..."

Before he could catch another word, a hefty slice of apple pie landed in front of him, the haggard waitress that had served him pouring yet another cup of awful, awful coffee. By the time they had finished conversating, the newscast had returned to some banal sitcom about a man named Raymond and how everybody loved him, although exactly why they did was a mystery to Win.

The lack of street lights made the drive very disconcerting as night fell, coupled with a total lack of traffic in these parts, it made for a very unsettling scene. It was funny, he felt less comfortable in a car at night than anywhere else. He had to laugh, making a brief interlude to his nameless humming. The sooner he was at Brockenboch's, the better.

brujay
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TĂŠfarĂłs on Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:29 pm

This is the story of a note, a Frenchman, and sweat.

When Sebastien read the letter, Joe Dassin had been crooning in the background of his apartment, making him feel awfully dainty and awfully French. He blinked slowly; realization and impulse had never been kind to poor Seb, even after the rudders shook and the training ended and he kissed the air goodbye. Knowing his extreme ability to fail, he would surely be among the last to arrive—that is, well, if he could even find a way to get there. Crumbs of toast fell in his lap as he nibbled absentmindedly on the edges, his mind drawn at a derp and a half.

At the mechanic’s shop, which had smelled very acridly of grease and Chicago hot dogs, the head man shook his head. She’d need another week’s time, he said. She was sturdy, yet rather unfortunate
 like you, he added, with that smugly smug chewing style only an Illinoisian could perfect. Sebastien nodded, shrugged. Driving the old Caddy there would be implausible now, but would that stop him? Would that barricade his army of dreams from breaching the big, boisterous ballgame of awesomeness that Brokenboch had Brokenboch’d? Quite possibly. His skepticism reigned supreme, and with the mechanic snickering at him as he left the premises (at least, his mind made it seem that way), Seb decided that he could rather be plucking banjo strings, or snuffing around for nighttime gigs, or doing a combination of the two while sipping a juice box.

He was on the road within the week. Greyhound buses were kind to hopeless saps. Sometime in the middle of nowhere, in what must have been a zombified Pennsylvania, the clunker rolled up for a quick pit stop. The full moon hung overhead. A meager crowd filed out of the vehicle, a crowd consisting mostly of young oddballs and Life Alerters, the majority of with which Seb fit in rather nicely. He’d clung to the back, oversized case strapped to his shoulder, his dark hair disheveled, his expression blanker than a dry-erase board after recess. He was a master of that, the blankness. Even those preschool students of his noted how listless he seemed, especially during the afterhours (admittedly, the same could be said for everyone of the substitute teaching variety), and when the fleeting instance of his pearly whites were displayed during the music corner, it was almost frightening in a way. Sebastien Prideaux was a nice man certainly; he had the pleasant nature of a baguette and the soft voice of an angel. It was all just hidden somewhere, lost to the winds of Les Champs-ÉlysĂ©es, perhaps.

Instead of picking up a few artificial cheese puffs, however, he spent his time at the gas station getting his loser on. In the corner of the parking lot, a pride of biking lions idled with a few packs of Copenhagens. Sebastien wondered why such a tough-looking lot got their smokes from Wal-Mart, but it was the least of his worries as he approached them. The proceeding conversation went a bit like this—an English language tutorial gone awry:

“Hello. Do you mind if I join you for the next five hundred miles?”

A laugh or two. A hard stare. Who was this flowery creature, they must have been thinking, and why is he intruding on our territory?

“We got no spares. Wouldn’t want a guy like you to get hurt anyway.”

“Please, you must understand,” he said. “I cannot bear to ride that thing anymore. There is a woman onboard, very old. She never shuts up.”

“Then punch her in the face.”

“Okay. If I punch her in the face, will you let me ride?”

“Sure.”

“All right.”

So it didn’t exactly play out like this. Either way, Sebastien, his pockets about fifty bills lighter, got lucky for once. One of the lesser members had collapsed before them, stricken by a hernia apparently, guaranteeing Seb a seat on a rickety Harley, a couple of beers, and more joints than he cared to handle.

Two days, six dispersed gang members, and three thousand scarf flicks later, the cobblestone driveway turned the large bike into scrap metal. First went the engine, its roar dulled at the sight of David and his mighty nutsack. Then came the front wheel, spluttering him out of control just as he became awestruck by that gorgeous aircraft—was it real? No, had to be a replica—so the actual spill itself wasn’t too grueling. As the motorcycle went out from beneath him, he leapt awkwardly to his feet just in time, a hint of surprise ridden on his face as he finally cared to notice the grandeur of the estate. It was easier to appreciate a place at a light jog than a motorized zip, after all.

And there was the professor. There was also a pair of students he failed to recognize, and it was this failure that colored his cheeks a shade a red. Shifting his gaze to the psychotic man rushed forth memories, many good, some bad, most involving Seb being jostled awake from his dopey stupor. Here he questioned just how the man cajoled him, and these unfortunate others, into arriving. Maybe the guy was a wizard. Maybe his secret was laced in the dark arts. Maybe he had a strange relationship with his flux capacitor. Maybe Sebastien had simply been an ugly duckling.

“Bonjour,” was his modest greeting to all of them, his steps hesitant as his forced himself closer. He cleared his throat. “Sorry for the, em, the mess. I had to
 do some things to get here. So how about that fighter jet?”

TĂŠfarĂłs
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iron Fist on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Opal grinned at him.

"Good to meet you, Shoren," she said." Yes, I have taken his class. He is actually the reason why I got into archeology. I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, but then he inspired me greatly. Before, I was just some semi-redneck who loved ancient culture and mythology. How old are you? Maybe we took the same class and just never realized it."

Iron Fist
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kay422 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:04 am

Sunny retorted back quickly to the Professor’s teasing. “Matching is for conformists and earth tones are for the un-inventive. Besides
I’m color blind so what’s it really matter?” She joked with a shrug before giving her old professor a pat on the shoulder. She wasn’t the hugging type; she never had been. Closeness to others had always been one thing that made her nervous
to show any sort of affection or gesture of endearment would be unordinary for Cheyenne

Sunny was distracted
perpetually distracted. She was taking in the scenery of the exterior of the Professor’s home before stepping inside when her thoughts were interrupted by a voice which she identified to be speaking to her.

“I love those shades, man” those were the words what she picked out of the mumbles and blabber of those around her.

“Thanks...they were a treasure of a tag sale find.” She said simply with the same beaming and contagious smile she’d given when she arrived. It was rather hard to not be happy around her when she was enjoying herself...Her mood seeped into the room and filled it up with too much positive to allow the negative to enter. She listened to the other two in the room chatter for a moment before realizing that these people all seemed a bit familiar, though she didn’t think she’d ever spoken to any of them before they were clearly all previous students.

“I’m Cheyenne.” She said extending a hand out to Adrian not wanting to be rude, despite her usual lack of common courtesy. “Most people call me Sunny”

Kay422
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digi-kun on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:10 am

Shoren felt a bit embarrassed since he was talking to a person most likely his senior. "Well, actually, I'm only 21. I had just started my second year of college. We most likely didn't have the same class, as I've only taken one semester of his course before his, er...incident." Looking at a glass cup, he stared at the image reflecting back at him. "I remember though, he'd sometimes take us aside and talk about odd things. Like, he talked to me about my goals and what I wanted. I said I wanted to be an artist, but it seemed that only the professor was the one who actually thought I could do it." Yeah...even I don't really believe it... Shoren thought to himself.

He looked back, wondering where the others were. "I wonder how many people are coming here..."

digi-kun
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfPeacock on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:36 am

"Adrian," Adrian said in reply to Sunny as he took her outstretched hand and shook. He was glad that his handlebars had soaked up all of his palm sweat. A clammy handshake was the worst, for both parties. "I think, maybe, we had one of the professors' classes together. Unless you're a movie star and [i]that's[i] why you look so familiar to me." He tried to offer a winning smile, but half-way through he thought it probably wasn't going to work on her. Just as well, he wasn't working for tips tonight.

"Do you like when people call you 'Sunny?'" he asked the creatively dressed young woman. Not wanting to come across the wrong way, with his diminishing smile, he added, "I ask because people call me all kinds of names and I like only a few of them. But if you prefer 'Sunny,' then 'Sunny' it is."

ProfPeacock
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iron Fist on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:53 am

"Oooh. Yeah, you wouldn't have been in the same class. You were probably still in high school. I'm twenty-five," she chuckled. "And he'd do that with me too, though at the time I only told him that my interest was in ancient things and I had no clue what I was going to even do. I had just joined college to learn more about ancient cultures."

Opal raised her arms both up, clasping them together and twisting them. They stretched and a loud pop was heard. She put her arms back down, leaning back. She pulled on her fingers, small pops and crackles coming from them as well.

"I don't know how many, but they all better get in here. This food is looking very good right now... I haven't eaten anything today, so I'm super hungry," she said, looking over. "Preoccupy me. Tell me what kind of art you do."

Iron Fist
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!