Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Paper Crane Foundation

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

The Paper Crane Foundation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:52 pm

It is an age-old tradition in Japan that if you make one thousand origami cranes, you get one wish.
We are making a wish for Japan.

The Paper Crane Foundation, started by three students, one being myself, are charging the students at our school one dollar to make a paper crane, and two dollars for us to make one for them. There are more than a thousand students at our school. We really hope this works. We will be sending the money to Japan for a relief fund for the Tsunami and Earthquake.

Today, we were interviewed by NBC29 News. You can read the interview and see it here!

I hope this inspires some of you to do something similar. They need all the help they can get.

Support Japan! If three goofy teenagers can do it, you can too!
Last edited by Moonscar on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
"'I'm bored' is a useless thing to say. You live in a great, big, vast world that you've seen none percent of. And even the inside of your own mind is endless. It goes on forever inwardly. Do you understand? Being the fact that you're alive is amazing, so you don't get to be bored."

-Louis CK

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonscar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: The Paper Crane Foundation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm

AWWWWW LESS THAN 3 MOONIE!!!! *kisses*!!!
I definitely support you! If I could I would donate to you guys!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:59 pm

This is honestly a grand endeavor to help those in need. There should be more people in the world like you and your friends, Moonie. I hope that you reach your goals and this effort is recognized by many. There are not a lot of people that actually do things to help, only a small few that make a difference rather than just sending their sympathy.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scythe Massakür on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Moony! How can I donate!?

This is an amazing idea. I honestly wish I had thought of it.
Scythe Massakür's quote of the month:

Women are like whiskey: pleasing to the eye, warming to the heart, and the cause of the world’s worst headaches.

Scythe Massakür
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Thank you so much, guys! It actually means so much to me, and it means a lot to my friends as well! (They are currently reading the responses over my shoulder)
If this succeeds, who knows, maybe we will expand the Paper Crane Foundation and be able to take donations from more than just the school! Who knows, we're just trying to start small, but we have hope!

Moonscar
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Moonie. Make a blog site about it!

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:42 pm

We're gonna have a Saturday meeting about this, but thank you all for the suggestions! We will be thinking about them all!

Oh, and an update: there was a written article on the site about it! I linked it in the first post all the way up there, and when I find the recorded video, I'll link that, as well!

Moonscar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Moon, you are officially epic. It's even recorded in history forever. Wewt.

Prose
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:10 am

I support this.

(Inside Joke: Sang however, asks why he can't simply steal from the other Yakuza families.)
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:10 pm

That is an absolutely wonderful idea, Moonscar. My support is with you.
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonscar on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 am

Thank you Eos, Gas, Tsuki! All your kind words really make me feel like this will go far!

Moonscar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Micem on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:26 am

I have to say, that's a great idea ^^
I wish there were more people that did these kind of things.
Well, I'm certainly going to try and help Japan now.

Micem
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:23 am

I am curious as to how this is going! You must give us an update Moon!

Prose
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!