Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Ragnarok Cup

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

The Ragnarok Cup

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Well, I saw that tournaments could be made by anyone, annnnd I kinda wanna enter one, seeing as the current has begun, I want to give others that want to try one a chance.
However, you will have to convince me you can last through the entire tournament, otherwise yer outta luck ;P

SO

This tournament will be played on various elemental fields. Some could be say, an earthern field, which would experience earthquakes, rapid land shifts, such and such. Another may be an ice field, a battle fought on a huge glaciers peak, where the ability to send an enemy flying could easily drop them to their death. Just odd twists, I'll pick an element, confirm it with both players to assure there aren't too many more advantages for one character over another, then write out how the field will work and their battle will begin ^^

I'm willing to accept any number of participants, though it would have to be an even number. The final fight may or may not consist of more then 2 people, it depends on how the numbers work out and what everyone feels like ^^
Sooooo I guess this is where we see if there's enough interest and how many people can prove to me they'll fight through it 'till the end. I will be entering my archer http://www.roleplaygateway.com/characters/Koro%20Azheal

RULES:
-=-No Godmodding, forums definition of godmodding applying
-=-Any Power level Teir within reason (No massive suns popping outta nowhere or black holes that aren't possible to escape and the such)
-=-Any Genre, Technology Era, etc etc
-=-All your characters Mana, Health, Energy, Ammunition, etc shall be replenished fully after each fight.
-=-Any level of roleplaying is accepted as long as you are capable of making it clear as to what action you are doing (I understand that there are mistakes on occasion ^^; I'll probably make one or two along the way) and you properly integrate what has happened from your rivals last post into your own.
-=-If numerous people realize someone is ego-ing and it is brought to my attention, based on the severity of it I may or may not give victory to the egos opposition.

Tournemant Ladder:
OriginalSix========x
souloe============souloe
==================+
Raivyn============???
Jace===============|=======???
===========================+==========???
Korobug============|=======???
Conumbra==========Korobug
===================+
Xavier Bloodbayne===Xavier Bloodbayne
AiswariCara =======x
Last edited by Korobug on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I want you to build a bridge... and I want you to make it vertical
~LiberateDragon

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korobug
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Ragnarok Cup

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anthraxripple on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:43 pm

i am in here is my usual character:

Name:Eddie Willers
Name at birth:unknown
Alias(es): N/A

Orientation: Heterosexual
Species: Human

Height:7'8
Weight:200 lbs
Blood type:A-

Date of brith: 5/20/1984
Planet: Earth

Immortal: No

Father:
Mother:

Aligment: Neutral
Social class: All around average

Skin color: White
Hair color: dark brown
Hair style: Straight, medium length, reaches the back of the neck. to the pupplies. At the sides, it covers up both ears
Eye color: Light Blue
Body build: Thin, average looking body.

Clothing-
Head:N/A
Neck: N/A
Torso:a black teeshirt
Legs: jeans
Shoes:Converse
Accesories:sun glasses

Personality: EVIL
Primary arm: right

Likes in General: winnig
Dislikes in General: Being hungry for souls
Hobbies: devouring souls

Phobias: hights
Allergies: None

Primary Language: English
Secondary Languages: N/A
Friends: N/A
Enemies: N/A
Rivals: N/A

Battle Information:he is ex military and is still trying to figure out some of the things he can do

Weapons-A crossbow on his back

Second Form- very strong and fast

Natural Abilities-Shapeshifting
1:can turn hi arm into blade that is stronger than most metals
2:can turn his outer layer of skin into thin armor
3. can assume the form of any living thing

Combat Styles-a mix of close range and long range
Image<CLICK IT NOW!
<AND THIS ONE!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anthraxripple
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:51 pm

I would like to participate in this tournament as well. I will be using this character characters/Ilumiya

If you are worried about me dropping, I promise you I will not drop this tournament no matter what.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Anthrax, I don't even think you read my whole post XD
You read it all Con, thank you *bow* XD mmmexplain your motive ^^ (I could probably guesss buuut I need to hear XDXD I'm weird like that)

Korobug
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:34 pm

Well she is a bounty hunter so let's pretend the tournament has a cash prize and she is in it for the money. That should be reason enough for her joining.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jace on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm in, if you'll have me. I'll look through my characters, I have one I'm working on that I may throw up here, an EloTechMental. And no, I don't plan on quitting the tournament until everyone else is dead =) Or I'm dead. Either or, really.

Jace
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raivyn on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:26 am

This sounds interesting. But I'm a little confused as to how you personally would like us to convince you that our character will last through the entire tournament? Unless you don't mean the character...and mean rather the player.

Such as posting at least once a day... Which I go out of my way to do (sometimes I even get in trouble for it).

Anyways...is it safe to assume that any level of power and any genre will do in this?

Also...is this going to be judged or are we fighting until one person beats another unconscious through Roleplay?

Raivyn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:06 am

Well, seeing as most of my other fights are coming to a close, I'm interested in this.

Couple things though. One, what kind of power level are we looking at here? I dont want to submit either a world destroying badass who smokes everyone else with little effort, or an unpowered loser who runs away screaming when his opponent pulls out a 12 foot flaming sword.

Two. You need proof I'll stay in? I'm one of the last remaining people in Saf's tourney. And it royally pissed me off when everyone I was due to fight dropped out. Good enough?

Oh, and Conumbra, whilst I'm enjoying our duel, you might wanna rethink this character, mate. I gave her the once over and she has no real weaknesses, plus a cloaking device; which is generally considered godmoding.
You know the goal. You know the path. The only thing that can stop you now is complacency. Go take what's yours.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anthraxripple on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am

Sorry about that I did read it I just thought that you meant something else but I won't drop out I promise. And if my character is to powerful just tell me and I will change stuff about him

Anthraxripple
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:23 am

hehe yah ^^; Raivyn has it right, I meant the player and not the character. Sorry about that.
You're good Raivyn, You too six, annnnnd ugh XD hard to know for sure Jace since you weren't on the site long but from my battle against you you seem serious and have posted whenever you could ^^ soooo you're in.
Koro has no motive for entering the tournament really XD I just thought he would be fun to play and useful against a wide variety of opponents. So technically, I couldn't call for character motive even if I wanted to :P

Every power level is accepted yes, any genres fine but I'd rather not have homing weapons if at all possible, at least not ones that are difficult to stop, or too fast.
I'd say going without a judge, we go until the other character is dead, useless, or surrenders.

Korobug
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:35 am

About the cloaking ability and no weaknesses my character seems to have. I have removed the cloaking device and replaced it with another device that I hope is not too powerful. Here she is with weaknesses and no cloaking device. characters/Ilumiya

Conumbra
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:51 am

I'll be interested to test one of my new characters that I am developing. I however need you to compile all of the details of this event, so that I can read it and get a greater scope of what is going on.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby souloe on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:56 am

While I'm interested in joining I don't expect my posting speed to be any faster than 1-2 post every 1-2 days. If that's okay perhaps I could join? I just so happen to be making a new profile but I'm not quite done yet. If I'm accepted I'll post it once I finish. Hope you all don't mind that I might be getting a little rusty...

souloe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am

Rion, I've updated my first post, hopefully that's what you meant XD if not please correct me.

I'm sorry con but could you repost an answer to your motive to joining, I meant you as the player and not the character ^^ thanks
Your posting speed shouldn't be a problem soul, it seems reasonable, though I'd just like some reassurance you'll be in for the whole tourney

Korobug
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conumbra on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Well, this is my first tournament and I wanted to see what it's like. I have never been in one before so it's a new experience and I relish new experiences. Also I hope fighting a greater variety of opponents will help me get better at dueling. Hope that's enough of a reason.

Conumbra
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Works for me ^^
And if anyone that joins up does drop out, I'ma shank them *sketchy eyes everyone* XD
You're in con (ya, I'm fairly easy to convince... unless someone does drop out in which they'll have a far harder time of convincing me of anything)

Korobug
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OriginalSix on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Okay, been looking for a reason to use this guy.

characters/Exodus%2012

Any objections, let me know.

OriginalSix
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raivyn on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Actually I’m curious as to know if you have a general idea when this will start? I’ve had this fairly extensive concept rolling around in my noggin for some time now and I might be interested giving her a spin here. Of course I’d need to flesh out a character sheet for her.

Although I have plenty of characters I can choose from if this is starting up sooner than I can probably make the character.

Anyways, looking forward to this in one way or another.

Raivyn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:32 pm

I have fought Souloe on 2-3 (One of those) occasions. I know that he will stick through the fight until it ends, and on that note I'll just spectate. Reason being is because I don't want to fight Souloe (Not until I am ready).

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Ah XD I'll add him to the list then ^^
Well technically if we wanted a mini tournament we could start now, though I was hoping for at least 2 more members, then we wouldn't end up with a 3 person free for all at the end.
Though in the end it's really up to all of you, if you're ready and want to get started soon then that's fine by me :)

Korobug
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!