Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Reaping

The Reaping

a part of “The Reaping”, a fictional universe by Kilgannon.

The Grim Reaper has been around forever. Now, a new age of reapers surfaces.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Reaping”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Reaping

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:07 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Reaping"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
This wind you talk of blows us from ourselves.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Reaping

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alberio on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 pm

oooooo. Realy glad this came out. Coun tme interested... you accepting characters yet?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alberio
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:03 pm

I have 7 other characters accepted now. All those is my roleplay, start posting.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heathenistic on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:53 pm

And so, my first post is out there. Thank you very much for creating this roleplay, and accepting my character Jeph.

Heathenistic
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Wow guys. GREAT posts so far. I'm really loving them. We need 2 more people to post I think. EDIT: OK Echo, it's you and then me again.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby echo-of-daybreak on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:02 am

What am i supposed to be posting again???

echo-of-daybreak
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:32 pm

So besides reaping what else does this tale entail? I mean I know these are just intro posts right now but we got to have some sort of plot device moving the story along, eventually were going to run out of different ways people die haha

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:49 pm

I have a few plot points coming up Ryde. Not to worry ^_^ In fact, one of our reapers is going to have to reap another. I will PM them when that time comes. It will be an NPC reaper of course.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Quick question What if a reaper saves a friend from their death? Like the Death is on their list, it's there friend and at the last second when the friend is about to die the Reaper turns to their human form and saves their friend?

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby echo-of-daybreak on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:04 pm

OMG my sister :'(

echo-of-daybreak
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Go talk with Dante he's usually tries to help console people. He was almost a priest

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby echo-of-daybreak on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:33 pm

thats true you might expect a visit soon then XD

echo-of-daybreak
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:13 pm

You guys must understand this, you cannot not cheat death. You cannot kill a name that isn't on the list @ Echo. If you kill or even attempt to kill Abraxas, the rules of the Reapers will be voided and you will face consequences. You cannot just throw these rules aside. That's why they are there. @ Ryde: As previously stated. Death must not be cheated. If they are on the list. They will die. Or consequences WILL be suffered. I cannot emphasize enough that if you do what you are asking that your character will no longer be able to even interact. Same to you Echo. If either of you break the Reaper code, your characters will be sent to the ninth circle of hell and they WILL suffer there. Please don't break the rules. Echo: Please alter your post so it doesn't void the code, otherwise I will have to ask you to leave this role play. Reaper's are not supposed even supposed to have attachments you guys, your lucky I'm letting it slide. But just for future reference: The Reaper Code: Never tell. Never for personal gain. Never too late. Never seek revenge. A reaper must never tell a human they are a Reaper, a reaper must never kill a human to benefit themselves, and a reaper must never under any circumstance leave a soul to walk the earth. If a soul is left alone and never taken to the Underworld, it will change and become a foul beast that preys on the souls of the living to sustain itself. NEVER seek revenge on other human or Reaper. Consequences will be placed into effect if these rules are broken.

EDIT: Echo I will post, warning your character with mine. About the Reaper Code, and that if she does in fact TRY to even come close to Abraxas with thoughts of harm. He will destroy her.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heathenistic on Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Though off-topic to the main form of discussion now, i.e, the reaper code, it appears the coffee shop Jeph apparently frequents has become a central hub for some characters. I'll just leave that there.

Heathenistic
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:15 pm

This is good. After everyone posts again, besides Rigel, Echo, and I. I will send out a scroll to all reapers in my next post. We can all meet there. I've been trying to find a place to get us all together anyway. Seems you have helped me Heathen. Thanks ^_^

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alberio on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:37 pm

LOL reaper cafe.

But just a few question about the rules cause I figure these are probably gonna come up eventually.

1. Even though reapers are not allowed to kill, they are only reapers part of the time, so does that mean that if they decide to kill a human for a completely human reason (i.e. murdering him will make my life easier) but not using their reaping powers does that break the code even if that person has their name on the list of another reaper?

2. Although we are not allowed to tell people we are reapers, does that mean we must hide every facet of our existence. i.e. we just transform in a place where normal people can see us and so to them we simply "disappeared". Does that count as revealing our identity because even if people know that we are capable of "turning invisible" or "becoming insubstantial" or something like that, they're not gonna assume right away that we're reapers. So can we not let people know about ANY facet of being reapers and reaper powers or can we just not tell them that we hunt down souls as a public service to the cosmos?

3. I know that reapers are capable of causing statistically improbable things to happen but does this only apply to death and making people die? For example, we are capable of causing flammable materials such as engines to explode or cause winches and whatnot to "break" and make a piano fall on someone or even cause liquids to go down the wrong windpipe or even make sudden medical ailments such a heart attacks or brain aneurysms to occur immediately. But can these powers be used for things other than just killing people? Like maybe causing a lock to break, or a purse strand to snap, or even a gun to jam or something? Cause it seems to me like the reapers have the ability to "cause" things to go wrong and break or something like that.

Alberio
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:22 am

Alberio wrote:
1. Even though reapers are not allowed to kill, they are only reapers part of the time, so does that mean that if they decide to kill a human for a completely human reason (i.e. murdering him will make my life easier) but not using their reaping powers does that break the code even if that person has their name on the list of another reaper?

2. Although we are not allowed to tell people we are reapers, does that mean we must hide every facet of our existence. i.e. we just transform in a place where normal people can see us and so to them we simply "disappeared". Does that count as revealing our identity because even if people know that we are capable of "turning invisible" or "becoming insubstantial" or something like that, they're not gonna assume right away that we're reapers. So can we not let people know about ANY facet of being reapers and reaper powers or can we just not tell them that we hunt down souls as a public service to the cosmos?

3. I know that reapers are capable of causing statistically improbable things to happen but does this only apply to death and making people die? For example, we are capable of causing flammable materials such as engines to explode or cause winches and whatnot to "break" and make a piano fall on someone or even cause liquids to go down the wrong windpipe or even make sudden medical ailments such a heart attacks or brain aneurysms to occur immediately. But can these powers be used for things other than just killing people? Like maybe causing a lock to break, or a purse strand to snap, or even a gun to jam or something? Cause it seems to me like the reapers have the ability to "cause" things to go wrong and break or something like that.

Well, finally some questions. 1. They are tampering with death, even if the person's name IS on the list. If they are not supposed to die. They should not. Though if they are being killed then they were supposed to die, no? So I'm not really sure if it is or not. Good question though. If you can find a way if this is a violation or not please let me know ^_^

2. You guys shouldn't really go around and be turning into reapers in public places, no. If you've noticed in my posts I've been using alley ways and such to go about turning. Rooftops work as well, ect. But living non reaping souls are not to know that Reapers even exist. No telling someone you are a reaper. No letting someone even think about reapers existing. Though small things may be left behind. Like the smell of brimstone when my char disappears.

3. These powers CAN be used for other things then killing. Like if you want to break into a place, go ahead and break the lock. Or if someone's mugging you go ahead and jam the gun. Really... As long as it isn't tampering or cheating death use it.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alberio on Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Oh and I hope that you don't mind that I established limbo as the DMV of the afterlife, I hope that was ok. If not I can always change it.

Alberio
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:19 pm

No problem dude. It's always nice to have you guys bring in your ideas.

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kilgannon on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:28 pm

I've come to notice two people have left. The others (excluding Alberio, Heathen, and Rigel) need to post...

Kilgannon
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!