Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Red Hoods

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Red Hoods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:23 am

Hello, new to this site but not new at all to role playing.
This is idea that I wanted to play with, I'm looking for max four players who are competent and confident writers who are willing to put effort into working with the story and character development and also have a bit of fun with it.

For many years, Werewolves have plagued mankind. The creatures savage villages an settlements, killing those who live there for food or simply for pleasure and inflicting their illness onto others. Those infected have only until the next full moon to say their peace to what ever Gods they follow, for on that night they transform and are lost, forever, in their own darkness. Once transformed, they can not turn back.
Werewolves are not typically pack creatures, instead they are usually found roaming their own territory and are happy to live lonely lives. But because of recent developments, they have taken to forming packs to survive. Theses developments would be the Red Hoods.

The Red Hoods are newborn organization, identifiable by the trademark red cloak, that has stood up to hunt and kill werewolves. They live and breath the hunting of these beasts, often leaving their families or homes for months on end to track down packs. They are known for their signature weapons: Silver headed bolts and arrows, silver swords and spears, used to end the wolves with definite finality. Although, the packs have proven to be incredibly hard to track; so to help the Red Hoods, each unit is given three Hounds.
Hounds are dogs or more rarely wolves that have been inflicted and mutated with the illness that causes humans to transform to werewolves. These hounds have become more aggressive, their senses have been heightened and most desirably they have developed a keen sense of werewolves and always know when they're around.

This story follows one unit of the Red Hoods. They are tracking a pack of werewolves who have terrorized an area for far too long. Whether they succeed is up to us.

Anyone out there?
If I get some interest then I'll give out more detail and start working on it with you guys.

-Milk.
“Does the Walker choose the Path? Or the Path the Walker?”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Re: The Red Hoods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:07 pm

This sounds totally awesome.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Fantatic, one down, few more to go.
Thanks.

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Id would be really something else to play a hound...
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:51 am

I was thinking it would be interesting to have someone play the hounds, so they acted a bit more independently.

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedWren223 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm

ooooh, count me in for this.
"I love when we're Cruisin' together"
Warren Kara Knight Spencer Tegan Knight Mariah Jaylin Kayle Knight
    Live Laugh Love Lie

"Friends will come and bail you out of jail, but best friends will be sitting beside you, laughing and plotting your escape"

RedWren223
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Very ineresting.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:32 pm

Okie dokie, so I plan to work on the story line with who ever decides to play. Quick run down of the setting, mostly fantasy style, in the way that people have formed settlements and villages around the country, there's no electricity, people move around mostly on horseback and all that jazz.
People are fairly educated, respectfully, though still rather superstitious.
There's a Royal family which live in the main city on the coast.

Now I'm just throwing around ideas.
But hopefully that makes some sense.

As for where the story would start, I'm not sure whether to start right at the beginning with our group being the first group being formed or to start a little later.

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:34 pm

If we are just formed, we'll be doing a lot of "Hi, my name is Eggman. I know you don't know if you can trust me, but hey, I can't trust you either ." unless they're all from the same 'school'/training grounds. On the other hand, if we've already formed, we can relate to past stories between the group members. The problem with that is that some people may take advantage of creative story telling and make up things that other characters wouldn't do...

In short, I'm up for either.

How are females treated in this world? And what background should the Hoods be made up of?

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:18 am

I'm happy to start at either point as well, we'll decide when there's a definite group.
As for women, it's not equal, however women aren't oppressed or anything like that, it is simply thought that men are more dominant. They out number women when it comes to things like adventuring and fighting. Granted it is harder for women to do the same as men but it is not unheard of. I was thinking of playing a female character myself.
There is a king AND a queen who rule as equals. As for the Royal family, I was thinking it might be fun to tie them into the story somehow.

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:24 am

As for the Red Hoods maybe have characters that stand out with a particular ability, maybe notable swordsman or someone fast and swift on their feet. Things like that. My character that I had in mind is best at ranged weapons and attacks and not so good in melee and close range. It would be nice to have a group that complements each other.

They can be travellers or they might have worked for some sought of organisation of guards. They could have a past and a personal vendetta against the werewolves. Its pretty flexible as I'm really only forming this world in my mind as we go along.

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 am

Love all the ideas so far, very interested in this! -Would we be able to play one of the Pack members? Or even of the Hounds?

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:46 am

Of course, that would be really cool. Maybe just one person playing the alpha werewolf in a pack would make the story more interesting. Also the same with the hounds.

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 am

What bout magic in regards to humans? Is it common. or even exist?

My two cents for someone being the werewolves (and feel free to ignore it) is that when someone plays the villain, it largely restricts what both sides can do. The Hoods can no longer auto-hit and players can no longer control werewolves for fights. The same goes for the villain. Plus, if there is only one person playing the alpha, then they're stuck with roleplaying with themselves until the Hoods find them. In my personal experience, unless the GM controls the villain, the RP tends to stagnate.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IIIdEmpire on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:28 am

This is very similar to an idea I had as well. That being said, I'm terribly interested.

In most cases, I usually play the antagonist, but a change of pace would be exciting. I wouldn't mind being one of the Red Hoods, but if there is too much interest there and not enough positions, I'd also be interested in taking up post as the Alpha Werewolf or perhaps one of the hounds.
"The most powerful weapon on Earth is the human soul on fire ."

IIIdEmpire
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm

I am without a doubt interested and, dare I say it, excited for this. I would love to play a character, most likely a female- perhaps a rouge or something of that nature that is an informant to either of the groups, completely neutral and only has loyalties to the highest bidder? Or perhaps a completely human link to a village the weres keep intact so that they have supplies and that sort of stuff when they are not acting as wolves and for short notice.
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Milkweed on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Just a quick head count, who wants to play?

Milkweed
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IIIdEmpire on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:06 am

Still interested.

IIIdEmpire
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedWren223 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:56 am

Im still interested as well, but if there are alot of people I might bail BEFORE it starts because of my lack of time for posting. it seems every time I join something it gets over populated and posts multiply rapidly, and then i get lost behind under the load of posts. Plus being a detroit safety driver takes up alot of my time. But if there are not a ton of people deciding to join ill be good.

RedWren223
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BleedingCrimson on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:57 am

I would love to join still.

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!