Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Summoners Academy

The Summoners Academy

a part of “The Summoners Academy”, a fictional universe by PriestKoo.

A somewhat original way to look at magic, imagination, and friendship.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Summoners Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Summoners Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PriestKoo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:19 am

Welcome to the official OOC for The Summoners Academy. Feel free to talk about the plot or talk to me, i'll be on to answer questions once and a while...

Update 6/12/2011*
Many people are interested so I have increased the available slots for students from six to eight. If you've reserved a spot via pm or in the OOC you have, respectively, two days to submit your character sheets. Don't feel rushed, take your time :)
Last edited by PriestKoo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
You really do love me, its true because I say it is.
Scientifically, we all matter; matter: that which has mass and occupies space

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PriestKoo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Summoners Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:43 am

Out of all the kinds of wizards/magi out there, summoners have got to be one of my personal favourites. I'll think about joining this RP.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:23 am

So im thinking about joining this too...but you've got up a fixed amount of spaces and im off to work and get out at 3pm i.e 6hours from now. So could you perhaps reserve or keep in mind that i want to join? :)

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:53 am

Yeah, I am pretty much interested in this RP. I am still taking my time reading through the information but I'd like to reserve a spot if that is at all possible. I'd hate to have read and understand everything only to get struck with the fact all spots have been taken. (Not that there is a true limit to character I think.)
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 am

Don't you think dark is abit too unbalanced? Able to mimic and absorb all other techniques (aka. immunity and as good as having all other spells? In addition to it's own set of spells.) not that battle is my main focus in an roleplay, still it's not good at all to have something like that. I'm also quite sure someone is eyeing to be that kind of summoner.

I suggest making it's mimic skill less effective than the original spell (aka. mimicked spells are only 40% as effective but are just as draining to use) and that it's summons though large, are the slowest amongst all the other summons. It'll be abit more balanced at least, giving versatility in spells and brute force in summons. But with weaknesses now, at least. For I think when it comes to crests, not having a minor does not matter since you can pretty much mimic it anyway if you play shadow.

Even then I still think shadow is still unbalanced as any player could just say "You can't block against shadow, it's SHADOW! You can't hide from something that's everywhere!" (with their own spells at full strength) then only Light and Fire summoners would have something to say.

I'm just pointing out something I see, and if this comment offends you then send me a PM and I won't hesitate to remove it. It is your roleplay afterall. I'm just a passerby and all this is opinion, you do not need to feel forced into taking them. :]

P.S: I realize this is not a battle roleplay but you put alot of effort into explaining the skillsets, thus I assume it's still going to be part of it.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PriestKoo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 am

I've reserved spots for those who asked, and I'm so excited that so many are interested. Please take your time and fill out your character sheet, and any other information.

Flickery, you do make a valid point about the advantages a Shadow major could have over the others. I did consider all of that, and I failed to include that their summonings are the slowest of all of the majors due to their size. I also see how they can seem to be a bit unbalanced during a battle, but any writer can manipulate any element, skill, or fighting technique to god mode while roleplaying. I will add that the power stipulation in for Shadow majors, as well as the speed stipulation, but you know as well as I do that the average forumer has no clue how to battle inside of a roleplay.

I did want to make fighting apart of it, but it was not this roleplay's main focus. The combat 100 class is where the players will be able to stretch their wings in that area, I might roleplay the teacher for that class actually, because I know people have so much trouble.

PriestKoo
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 am

This might sound stupid but I have a question on the Shadow Major. Now, as a first I'd like to ask if size meant like one huge demonic entity that is even bigger then a flat? Or did you mean the summon's power being extremely powerful? Sorry if the question is stupid but it was something I need to know before I make my ultimate final decision.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby c0tt0ncandyp0is0n on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:33 am

The RP sounds entertaining, PriestKoo I'd like to reserve a student if you don't mind.

c0tt0ncandyp0is0n
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:37 am

Can I reserve a student spot, I'm really wanting to play this roleplay.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PriestKoo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 am

Archlkan, Shadow majors have the largest summonings in size, and you saying "huge demonic entity" pretty much wrapped up my vision for it. However, I would judge a Shadow Major as a tactical being because of it's mimicking abilities and slow moving physical/magical attacks. Generally when something moves slow, if it actually lands a hit; that hit is fatal. I guess you can say its extremely powerful, but so will every other summoning.

Okay, I'll reserve both of you spots. Please take your time; you have two days.

PriestKoo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jadedragon66 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:59 am

hey i was just wondering if you're willing to take more students? I want to reserve a spot, but looks like it's all taken. ;P
ImageImage

jadedragon66
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm

So ive submitted my character but im having alittle trouble deciding what ablilites to give her...and therefore havent added on the 3 extra lessons...pm me some inspiration Priestkoo??

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Okay I have submitted my character. Pardon me if it reads a little overpowered but I can assure you he is not, I will reveal that in my introduction post why Vergil his summon is underpowered. ^^

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Is it okay if our summons are capable of human speech and stuff like that? I wanted to know because I kinda went a little overboard and thought up a personality for my summon! ^^

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PriestKoo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Yeah human speech is something a summoning should be able to do, it is created from your imagination after all. If you do need any help on anything else pm me. I'll also review your character sheets and I'll post mine as soon as possible so you guys can get a feel.

PriestKoo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PriestKoo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:47 pm

There are no more available spots for summoners. I also noticed that there are plenty of Aero majors; I'm sure that it is a very popular type because you can mount, but if you take it as a minor you'll still have that ability... just a suggestion.

If you really wanted to be a student I am very sure you will be able to join later, I just need to see who my weakest links are, and I'm sure people will quit. I still have slots open for teachers as well.

PriestKoo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jadedragon66 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:52 pm

i can change my character's major to pyro and minor to aero then.

jadedragon66
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:02 pm

How often do you want us posting- just general concern about over-active rpers running away with the posts and plot? Im active- i check it every night and post a few times max a night so just checking because some people post in a constant one paragraph stream...

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:28 pm

PriestKoo wrote:I've reserved spots for those who asked, and I'm so excited that so many are interested. Please take your time and fill out your character sheet, and any other information.

Flickery, you do make a valid point about the advantages a Shadow major could have over the others. I did consider all of that, and I failed to include that their summonings are the slowest of all of the majors due to their size. I also see how they can seem to be a bit unbalanced during a battle, but any writer can manipulate any element, skill, or fighting technique to god mode while roleplaying. I will add that the power stipulation in for Shadow majors, as well as the speed stipulation, but you know as well as I do that the average forumer has no clue how to battle inside of a roleplay.

I did want to make fighting apart of it, but it was not this roleplay's main focus. The combat 100 class is where the players will be able to stretch their wings in that area, I might roleplay the teacher for that class actually, because I know people have so much trouble.

Tnks for taking my consideration in, my regards to you and all the roleplayers here. :] Have a ghreat time roleplaying!

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PriestKoo on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks flick, I'm sure we will have a blast.

Guys, we should start as soon as I find some teachers. Post once or twice a day, and be considerate of others who are behind. In recent situations I've figured that if a roleplayer is too far behind it will discourage them from reading to catch up and posting anything significant if they do.

PriestKoo
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!