Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

the Ten Doctors

a topic in Movies & Film, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based on movies or other film media.

the Ten Doctors

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedoctor on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:58 pm

"my Dear Doctors... it may please you to know that you are on Galifrey. in the death zone. you will compete with the most vicicious beasts that are known throughout the universe and time. and if you win....we will let you go...if not you die."

the voice stopped broadcasting to the ten figures that were on the ground.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thedoctor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: the Ten Doctors

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kara-Sparks on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 pm

"All this for just one man," the 9th doctor remarked. He shoved his hands into the pockets of his black jacket. He didn't quite understand how this happened, as it wasn't supposed to. It was a time paradox. However, he looked around and noticed where he began, it was hard to believe that he had started out as an old man some sixty years ago on this planet. He had learned from experience that the less his companions knew, the better. The less about him, the better. The doctor then turned to his counterpart that came after him. "I turned into a scrawny scot?" he questioned.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kara-Sparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedoctor on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:34 pm

ten turned around " scrawney?...jackie needs to slap you again." he said before looking at his past selves that were still asleep
(dont forget to post your caricture here the-ten-doctors-needs-people-t30888.html)

thedoctor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:50 pm

With a slow grown, The Doctor sat straight up.
"Ah! Nothing quite like...." He trailed of as he looked around. He recognise two of the men in the room. That was never a good sign...The three faces he'd shred so far. Most peculiar. But the other six men weren't familiar in the least. What was going on?
"Excuse me?" He said, raising a had to the lofty man with bristle-like hair and the small man in the coat and quiff. "What's going on? One moment I'm in a Vanholeon Mating ritual, the next I'm here. Where am I?"

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kara-Sparks on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:53 pm

(Done and done)

The ninth rubbed his face. "That woman can hit hard," he recalled. He looked around the room where they were. He didn't like the idea of the death match that was being imposed upon them. He didn't like the idea at all. "This sounds like something the Master would do," he muttered to himself, stroking his cheek. They had to get out before the beasts were unleashed upon them. If The ninth was correct, these were all versions of him pulled out of the timeline. If any one of them died, all of them to that point would cease to exist. "Just when I thought it was over," he deadpanned.

+++

"What do you mean they just 'vanished'?" Paige said in a distressed welsh tone. "You know, vanished, went poof, disappeared," Jenny replied, brushing her blond hair back over her shoulders. It was unknown to her, but she looked an awful lot like Rose Tyler. None the less, an exasperated sigh left the red head's throat. "This is just brilliant you know, god knows what is happening to them," Paige remarked sarcastically. Jenny arched a brow at the older female and rolled her eyes. It was surprising just how much this woman knew and just how much she wasn't going to tell. "So Paige Shepherd," Jenny began, "Just how do you suppose we find them?"

"Well, if the Doctor reincarnations ended up in a pocket dimension, we're going to have to search for a generation signal," she hung her head, "But that is going to take a while."

Kara-Sparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:00 pm

The 8th doctor came to slowly from a comotosed state, but definately heard the voice say they were on Gallifrey. "Gallifrey... I can't possibly be...?" *Glances around bleary eyed at his companions, some of them were out for the count and a couple of others were standing up and talking. Panic set in immediately.. he jumped up and went flat against the nearest wall, searching about himself for.. a weapon.. something anything.. but didn't find anything at all. This was confusing... 10 men.. ten .. incarnations of himself? He felt a kinship and a kind of competitiveness as well. Was this a trick.. did the Master set this up?

"Alright.. which one of you did it?" He gasped and found a watch, tried to hold it out like a weapon but it didn't work, the watch was going backwards anyhow. He checked the time... it was 12.32pm. "How did I get here with you? Whats going on?" He said trying to remain calm without success. "Is the Master behind this, are you ..any of you working in league with him?"
Got a whole lotta love...

Long Live Led Zeppelin... YAHOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxm-4AwtB5w

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:15 pm

The Doctor stood, staring curiously at the man dressed as though he'd been pulled through an Edwardian wardrobe. He was wielding his pocket watch like a knife. If they were to escape then they should get along. Co-operation is key here. The Doctor knew with no hesitation what to do. It was the perfect cure for this situation and was a certainty in its success. He pulled a small, white, paper bag from his coat pocket with practised ease. He opened the bag, offering the contents to the man. With a warm, welcoming smile he said:
"Would you like a jelly baby? They're a little warm but its better than nothing, ay?"

Tyro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:39 pm

"A what?" The Doctor eyed the man suspiciously.. what was he holding in his hand... strange little sweets he called Jelly babies? "Jelly.. Baby?" As he said those words he remembered something from the past.. way way back in his mind... somewhere like an ancient memory from long ago... he spoke slowly in reply. "Yes... alright..." And he obligingly took one of the Jelly babies... "I think I like these.. I think I used to like them a lot..." He looked at the other Doctor... "I seem to remember... I think.. I have seen you before haven't I?"

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:47 pm

"Well...I'm not sure. I don't recall your face." He said with the smile still in place. Excellent. He's calmed down a bit. Now...Which one will I have? The Doctor's hand waved around the top of the bag a couple of times before dipping inside pulling out a yellow one. Putting the back back in the tatty, red coat, the yellow confection was popped into his mouth and chewed. The Doctor them extended his hand out to the man he had just met.
"Well, even if I don't remember you, maybe we should start again. I am the Doctor. Who are you?"

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:56 pm

"The Doctor?" 8 looked confused and somewhat bewildered. "I.. am The Doctor.." He replied as the other man vigorously shook his hand.. and then... everything seemed to stop and pause for a second. "I was... riding a motorcyle.. on Earth...late 20th century.. next thing I know I end up here..." *He blinked and paused for a moment or two..*

"It occurs to me that you and I sir.. are incarnations of the same... Doctor?" The tension lifted a little and he smiled. "So that's why I remember liking Jelly babies... interesting..." He looked his counterpart up and down. "Nice... I like it but I'd lose the scarf.. actually.. " *grins* But what does this mean? How did we get here... or how did I get here 10 times?
Last edited by Lorna1 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:09 pm

"No...No...I'm the Doctor." The Fourth Doctor was finding this a little bemusing. He was the Doctor. Definitely! He is the Doctor. K9, Sarah Jane, his scarf. He had the lot. He pulled a very confused and quite shocked face.
"It occurs to me that you and I sir.. are incarnations of the same... Doctor? So that's why I remember liking Jelly babies... interesting..." This possible counterfeit was looking over his clothes. "Nice... I like it but I'd lose the scarf.. actually.. " He grinned. What was wrong with his scarf? This is style! "But what does this mean? How did we get here... or how did I get here 10 times?"
"I'm sorry. How do I even know you are telling the truth. If your saying I will eventually become you I'd like a little proof first, if you don't mind." He needed a question to tax this man. Something only he'd know. Well, alot of things fitted...Ummm...
"Riddle me this! Where did I get my trusty, tin pooch, K9?"

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kara-Sparks on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:36 pm

"Wow, K-9, haven't heard about him in years," the ninth remarked with a furrowed brow. He was more concerned with why they were all pulled out of the vast spaces of time and placed in a stadium back on Gallifrey. He couldn't help but interject at the forth incarnation's question. "K-9 was the creation of Professor Marius, a scientist working for the Bi-Al Foundation in the Centre for Alien Biomorphology on the asteroid K4067 near Titan in the year 5000," he reported, a grin coming to his face afterward. Gallifrey had long been destroyed, or so he thought. It was strange enough that there were 10 men here all sharing the same exact name and pretty much idenity. Although, the ninth did find it a little queer that the older he got, the younger he looked through incarnations. Honestly, it didn't bother him too much. The only thing that did bother him was the fact the younger him, the tenth doctor, probably got Rose or something. He didn't know actually. "So what happened to Rose anyway?" the ninth asked, crossing his arms as he looked to the tenth. He was eager for an answer about Rose.

+++

"Hand me that positronic wrench over there would you?" Paige asked as she began to fiddle around with a few components to the TARDIS that they had recently found. Jenny handed the woman the odd looking device and tilted her head as she looked towards the red head. "So how exactly did you get all that information inside your head? I thought only Timelords could have the cosmos stuck in their brains and not fry," she remarked. "Well, humans are still evolving," Paige said. "You touched something you shouldn't have," Jenny said with a smirk. "Bingo," Paige replied. "Least it wasn't a meda crisis or something," Jenny shrugged. "Ugh, I couldn't imagine if it was, but I doubt any of the stuff in my cranium is going to disappear any time soon," the red headed woman replied. "So just how much do you have in your head anyway?" the blond asked.

"Well, I know everything from how the universe was really created, to what really caused World War Two on Earth, to what I'm doing here," she deadpanned, sliding herself under the components. "So do you really think they're stuck in some sort of pocket dimension?" Jenny asked. "Or an alternate timeline," Paige replied. "Think we'll be able to get the doctor back to his proper places in time?" Jenny asked again. "I'm sure we'll be able to get your father right back where he belongs," Paige reassured the girl.

Kara-Sparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:44 pm

"Oh my word...Are you going to tell me that you are me as well?" The Fouth Doctor said, turning to meet the Ninth. "But your wearing something very...bland. I mean, you seemed to have gone for a biker look. Why, oh why would you want all leather? Its just heavy." He looked up into the Ninth Doctors face and noticibly cringed. "I really am going to hit rock bottom when I become you, aren't I? Short hair and big ears...Its just not me....Perhaps you ought to have this." He pulled out the bag of jelly babies and hended them to the Ninth Doctor.
"One is for getting my question right, the rest are to cheer you up...Most unfortunate." I wonder how long I'll have to wait until that is my face....

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedoctor on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 pm

"well...um...." ten quickly changed the subject not wanting nine to know that she was trapped in a alternate dimention with her mother and "father" and nicky
"i can say with certainty that all ten of the figures her...." the tenth doctor trailed off then looked at one of the figures...."JACK?"
captain jack harkness rolled over with a groan "damn.... did we get drunk and have a foursome with rose AND martha? i hurt all over"
ten pulled jack up "no...looks like you got caught in the beam that was to capture me....that means you were close....very close.
"cant a guy give you a surprise hug and not be transported to to a alien world?" captain jack said popping his neck
ten rolled his eyes "so if your here...that means one of ME is missing...but which one?"

thedoctor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kara-Sparks on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 pm

"Think we've got anyone looking for us?" the ninth asked, looking around once more. He strode over towards the wall and began to search for a door or some other way out that he could find. Although, it wouldn't help in getting all versions of himself back home. Of course there was Harkness too. "Wait, Harkness?" the ninth questioned in surprise. What the hell would Jack be doing here? Let alone the fact he was waking up. It was bad news. The ninth pointed his sonic screwdriver at the immortal and he went right back out like a light.

++++

"AHHA! Communications is up!" Paige shouted joyously. She began to type in the number cellphone number for the 10th doctor's cellular phone. "If this works like it's supposed to, we'll know exactly what's going on and where they are, hopefully it will give us an insight into how to get them back too," Paige explained to a bewildered Jenny.

Kara-Sparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedoctor on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:29 pm

ten turned to nine "what did you do that for?" he started to yell as the cell he was given rang
ten looked about before picking it up and opening it "hello?"

jack hit the ground hard his mind jumping back a few minutes
he was standing outside of Torchwood 2 on the invisible lift watching the human race just race along. going from point A to point B and back...over and over. he stood there and his ears picked up a sound that for the rest would be unheard
Vwoop.....Vwoop....Vwoop.
jack smiled as the interior of the TARDIS started to materialize around him...the familiar "trees" posted around the central console.

ten had been at the console landing perfectly with the help of his daughter and a super genius paige
"well ladies... typical pit stop be on our way in a minute or so.
jack crept slowly around and stood up behind the doctor clasping him in a great bear hug before they both vanished in a flash of light and the gentle smell of sulfur.

jack awoke and stood up holding his head "damn...Doctor your friends are rude...." jack's eyes adjusted and he saw nine.
"oh no way."

thedoctor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kara-Sparks on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:22 am

"Oh thank god," Paige breathed as the Tenth Doctor answered his cell. She began a back track scan to figure out where the doctor and his previous reincarnations were. "It's Paige and Jenny," Paige said in a somewhat happy voice. She wasn't exactly expecting this to work. However, it was a case of any time, any where. "Do you have any idea where you're at?" Paige questioned quickly. Jenny just stayed silent as to listen to what her father was going to say. "Because we found the TARDIS, we can bring you and the others back to their perspective timelines," Paige reported. The red head was watching the other screen that was scanning for the Doctor's location. Sure enough, the female didn't like what she was seeing. He was indeed captured within a parallel timeline, which was bad enough, the fact she didn't know where or how to get through to them with the TARDIS was a completely different problem.

+++

The ninth Doctor Was paying some attention towards his newer self when he answered a flip phone from within his leather jacket. Of course, the ninth was trying his best to ignore the forth and his insistent pushing forwards of Jelly babies. Oh how he loved jelly babies but now was not the time for the candy. "Can't you just stay down?" the ninth asked when Jack came back to.

Kara-Sparks
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thedoctor on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:31 am

"yeah... i do...i am on Gallefrey. all of me. " ten said looking around "well almost all.. we are missing on of me Jack Harkness seems to have taken his place. i can say for certain that eight nine and four are...well as well as can be despite us in the death zone" ten waited for a reply. then looked at the phone "thats weird... lost signal...."

"sorry doc...no can do... i still need to punch you for leaving me on bad wolf station. i was going to do it on scrawny scots here but it didn't seem right. new face new person type of thing." jack popped his neck again "oh by the way...Rose still dances wonderfully"

ten whispered to jack "dont kill him...or let him kill you.. as we are out of our time lines you could very well die here.... forever."

thedoctor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorna1 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:52 am

8 turned to hear 9 talk of K-9. "What he said..." he chuckled pointing to 9. "And I wouldn't have gone for a biker look either..."
As events unfolded he realised that one of the men in the room wasn't his incarnation... the person who was called Jack. It also seemed the one they called the "Scrawney Scot" was being contacted on a cellphone. 8 nicked another Jelly Baby as 4 was passing them around. He had an idea. "We all seem to be trapped in this little room here.. in the death zone... doesn't appear to be a door... however..." Begins knocking on the walls and checking for gaps etc, "You never.. ever know..." What might happen.. if you look for an exit.
"Damn I hate small spaces... when I owned the Tardis I made sure there was plenty of space... " There didn't seem to be any hollow spaces in the walls so far. He made his way around the room and heard them talking about someone called Rose Tyler. He was confused.. he frowned as he continued to look for a door of some description. "Hello I'm the Doctor" He said and held out a hand to shake whoever elses" "Though I expect you knew that..." *strange pause* "So who's Rose then? Future companion of yours..? Mine... whatever..."

Lorna1
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyro on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:30 pm

The Fourth Doctor took bit the head off of an orange one, studying all the walls of this place. There must be something of use. Anything....Maybe someone had brought him and his fellow Doctors to this place for a reason. This someone would surely be listening.
"Hello? Helloooo!" he shouted at basically nothing but in a general kind of way. "Look, can't we talk about this? Over some tea? Biscuits? Tea cakes? Scones? Dolly Mixtures? French Fansies? Fairy Cakes? Liqourish Allsorts? Jelly Babies? Ginger Cake? I only want a little chat!"

Tyro
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!