Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The War that Still Reigns [Interest Check]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The War that Still Reigns [Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Good day to you friends.
I wish you well on this fine day.
So glad that you decided to stop by, it means the world to me.
But I'm afraid I'll have to turn a few of you away right now.
If you have not read and/or watched all of the Harry Potter movies, you may not participate in this RP.
If you have watched and read a combination that allows you full background knowledge, then that's okay too.
And I assure you, this is not like any HP RP you've ever seen before.

Furthurmore, despite only three of the characters being mentioned in the plot, that does not mean there is a main character.
Each role is important to this RP, and each has a direct role in the plot, which we will discuss later.
I'll send you a bit about your character(s)'s role in the RP after you claim them.

Also, you'll notice the plot is pretty loose.
Don't stop reading; I explain in the section after the next.

So here's the plot:

The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years.
All was well.

Or maybe that's just what they want you to think. Sure, Harry's scar had settled down, but it's odd, isn't it, that you never hear about Lily Luna Potter's fainting spell later on the day of the epilogue, right after the train pulled out, taking her brothers away, nor how she was in Saint Mungo's in the following monthes. And don't even get me started on her visions, the ones she never told anyone but her favorite cousin, Hugo Weasley, about.

It's five years after the epilogue, and Hogwarts has a new headmaster after Severus Snape's follower quits his post for a job in the Ministry. This new headmaster, Professor Emauntro DaVilese (dah-vy-lees) is odd, to say the very least. There is no record of him attending Hogwarts, though he continuously insists he was a Slytherin. What's more? He's a Parseltongue. And, little do the students know, he wears the very same ring the legendary Harry Potter dropped in the Forbidden Forest oh-so long ago.

And it gets stranger still...

On Halloween night, students start disappearing, one by one. The staff goes crazy trying to prevent it, and locate the source, but to no avail. Proffessor DaVilese seems just as worried, but is he really?

The next generation gang start realizing odd things about their new headmaster, and they reawaken the fabled Dumbledore's Army on the grounds each weekend to try to figure out what's up.

Lily's visions may have came true....

So, here's the deal:
Basically Lily Luna collapses in King's Cross shortly after the epilogue.
Hugo is the only witness to this.
She was in St. Mungo's for the next four monthes, as they couldn't identify what had happened to her.
None of their cures would work.
Then one day, she just woke up on her own.

Little did they know, what had happened was this:
When Harry Potter killed Voldemort so long ago, Voldemort was so distabilized by the Horcruxes he had made, that in his death a piece of his soul: so small, it barely makes a difference, it couldn't keep him alive, drifted away.
It drifted for miles, finally implanting itself on a young Muggle man of which no family still lived.
This man was, and is, Emauntro DaVilese.

The collaboration with the man's soul and the tiniest fraction of Voldemort's did not cause him to turn into Voldemort.
Indeed, he did not learn who Voldemort was until a while later.
But it infused him with the powers Voldemort had wielded, and he became the first, and only, Muggle to be turned into a wizard.

Not only such, but the piece of the Dark Lord's soul caused Emauntro to be fillled with inexplicable hatred.
He hated the fact that the body he lived within was once one of a Muggle.
So he cast a Dark spell (he had no need to learn, he already knew) that caused his soul to seperate from his body.

Prior to doing so, he had attained the body of a wizard (name unknown) who just so happened to wander up his path.
Emauntro took possession of this body, in a way bringing back the dead man, although the dead man's soul was no longer there.

Emauntro, in his new body, traveled to King's Cross.
When he layed eyes on Harry Potter the day of the epilogue, his was overcome with inexplicable hatred.
When he saw Lily Luna walk away from her father, he though she was heading to Hogwarts.

Now, Emauntro could still split his soul in a way.
He could both inhabit his own body, as well as that of another witch r wizard.
He did so to Lily Luna, passing into her body in a way she could not detect.
He let her remain in control of her body, listening in on a conversation between Lily and Hugo, in which he learned that she was not going to Hogwarts.

He jerked from her body a little too roughly: this is what brought her to her coma and caused her visions.
He had, in a way, distabilized her own soul, unknowingly of course.

Yes, Emauntro is behind the students disappearing, though that goes without saying.
He is forming a kind of child army, determined to silence Muggles forever and rule the wizarding world.
Yeah, cliche.
But he has a miniscule fragment of Voldemort within him.
What do you expect?

Now, onto the rules.
They're nothing out of the ordinary: you've heard them before.
The most unique part is the fact that you are permitted THREE charries if you so choose.
That doesn't mean you have to.
This is a "if you so choose" sort of thing, remember that.
Charrie sheets aren't hard, and there's no minimum word count, so it shouldn't be too hard to keep up with three.

Okay, here's the general rules:

- No god-modding, power-playing, or auto-hitting
- TRIPLING PERMITTED.
- Try to have three non-siblings.
- Everyone can control the Hogwarts staff.
- Be commited. No dropping out halfway through, or at the last minute before we start. You don't need to post everyday, just oce a week. Inform me if you can't post for a longer period of time.
- Drawn or real is okay. Just don't be weird and use the actor that played one of their parents for the kid, okay?
- Reservations for any amount of charries last one week once the thread is up. You have one charrie? One week. Two charries? One week. Three charries? One week. I mean, c'mon. My CS are not that in depth.
- Romance permitted. The partnership can exist before we start, or we can pick it up throughout the RP. Just no sex, okay? Wizards are better than that, we all know it.
- Violence permitted. As detailed and gory as you like. Just don't have your character go around killing random people for no reason. Be sensible.
- Swearing permitted.
- No fighting in OOC. If you have a problem with someone, PM me and I'll take care of it.
- Have fun!

As for the Hogwarts Staff list, you'll recognize some old favorites, like McGonagell, Flitwick, Trewlaney, Hagrid, Neville, and Luna. I kept the teachers that appear in the series in many cases, that way we don't have to relearn everyone. Also, this particular teachers, I feel, would remain with Hogwarts until their death.

Hogwarts Staff
Headmaster - Emauntro DaVilese
Transfiguration, Head of Gryffindor, & Deputy Headmistress - Minerva McGonagall
Charms & Head of Ravenclaw - Filius Flitwick
Potions & Head of Slytherin - Carmen Shrouce
Herbology - Neville Longbottom
DADA - Harold Jenkins
Care for Magical Creatures - Luna Lovegood
Divination & Head of Hufflepuff - Sybill Trelwney
Arithmancy - Ricardo Leonay
Muggle Studies - Wilma Repp
Ancient Runes - Lydia Hopkirk
Gamekeeper - Rubeus Hagrid
Caretaker - Alfred Wilkens

Now, for the charries, you'll recognize that these are all that of Jo Rowling's mentioning, with the exception for Emauntro.
If you'd like to create a wild card character, feel free, but know that you must have a creative wild card idea.
But only one wild card character per RPer, and if you have a wild card, you must also have at least one of the already mentioned.
However, keep it to a general minimal.
I don't want a dozen wild cards and almost none of the next generation characters.
You may claim your charries in this forum.

Once I have two participants, I will post the main thread.
We are not necesarily going to fill each slot, but these are the ones you can have.

Children of Harry & Ginny Potter
James Sirius (age 17, year 7 [half-blood]) >>> Glory
Albus Severus "Al" (age 15, year 5 [half-blood]) >>> UnderSavageEternity
Lily Luna (age 13, year 3 [half-blood]) >>> Makenna

Children of Ron & Hermione Weasley
Rose (age 15, year 5 [half-blood]) >>>
Hugo (age 13, year 3 [half-blood]) >>> Glory

Children of Bill & Fluer Weasley (Victoire Discluded)
Dominique (age 15-17, year 5-7 [pureblood]) >>>
Louis (age 11-14, year 1-4 [pureblood]) >>>

Children of Percy & Audrey Weasley
Molly (age 15-17, year 5-7 [pureblood]) >>>
Lucy (age 11-14, year 1-3 [pureblood]) >>> UnderSavageEternity

Children of George & Angelina Weasley
Fred (age 14-17, year 4-7 [half-blood]) >>>
Roxanne (age 11-13, year 1-3 [half-blood]) >>>

Children of Luna & Rolf Scamander
{Twins}
Lorcan (age 11-12, year 1-2 [half-blood]) >>>
Lysander (age 11-12, year 1-2 [half-blood]) >>> Makenna

Children of Draco & Astoria Malfoy
Scorpius Hyperion (age 15, year 5 [pureblood]) >>>

Other
Emauntro DaVilese >>> Makenna
[Wild Card] >>> UnderSavageEternity

And that's it.
Thanks if you read that helluva long thing, ha ha.
Leave any questions, claims, or wild card ideas below.
Also, the CS's are below, if you'd like to work on them a while, and then repost them to the thread once it's up.
There's a different one for named and the wild cards, so be sure to do the right one.

Named (Listed):
Code: Select all
[font=FONT OF CHOICE][color=COLOR OF CHOICE][size=400] (name)[/size][/font][/color]
[img] (url here; remember what their parents look like) [/img]
[i][size=200][font=FONT OF CHOICE] "(quote)" [/size][/i][/font]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Age:[/b] (use given range)
[b]Year:[b] (must correspond with age)
[b]Blood Status:[/b] (the one stated, please)
[b]House:[/b] (be sensible)
[b]Parents:[/b] (the one's listed, please)
[b]Personality:[/b] (can be brief)
[b] Other: [/b] (anything else you want to add)

Wild Card:
Code: Select all
[font=FONT OF CHOICE][color=COLOR OF CHOICE][size=400] (name)[/size][/font][/color]
[img] (url here) [/img]
[i][size=200][font=FONT OF CHOICE] "(quote)" [/size][/i][/font]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Year:[b] (must correspond with age)
[b]Blood Status:[/b] (if a witch or wizard)
[b]House:[/b] (be sensible)
[b]Parents from HP Era:[/b] (if any)
[b]Personality:[/b] (can be brief)
[b]Background:[/b] (can be brief)
[b] Other: [/b] (anything else you want to add)
Last edited by Makenna Young on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: The War that Still Reigns [Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Glory on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:14 pm

Color me interested! I too am a fan of the Harry Potter franchise, though I have yet to do a RP in its universe. I would like to reserve James Sirius and Hugo Weasley.

What will be the starting point in this story?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Glory
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Recruiter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UnderSavageEternity on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:18 pm

I would love to reserve Albus Severus, Lucy Weasley, and a wild card (however im still thinking up an idea)if that's alright. This is a very interesting idea and I would love to see it come to life.

UnderSavageEternity
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 pm

@Glory:
Okay. :)
And don't feel out of place because your new.
I did a month or so ago too. Everyone here is amazing in all ways.

As for the starting point, that has yet to be determined.
I'm debating between from the Hogwarts Express or starting a month or so into the school year.
I'll probably go with the later, but I'm still not positive.

@UnderSavageEternity:
Great. :)
Oh, and about your wild card, I failed to mention this above, but it doesn't have to be a student.
It doesn't even have to be human if you want. It could be any intelligent magical creature too.

Well, it looks like I'll be posting the thread sometime soon.
I'll try to have it up this weekend, but that might not be possible as I'll be away for the majority of the weekend, regretfully.

But I'm not promising either way.
But I will alert you two when it's up via PM. :)

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makenna Young on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:13 am

Hey, guys. :)
The thread is up!
I'll shoot you both PMs, too, but in case you don't get them:
roleplay/the-war-that-still-reigns/

Makenna Young
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!