Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Watch

The Watch

a part of “The Watch”, a fictional universe by breemee.

Travel the dimensions with your team capturing Spirits. Will you succeed in capturing all of them? Or will you lose your humanity as well?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Watch”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Watch

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:44 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Watch"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Last edited by breemee on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My siggy ran away with my cookies, so I ateded it instead :3 ... It tasted like chicken.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

breemee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Watch (Work In Progress)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:56 pm

This sounds like a pretty nice RP that you've got. Just a few questions:

Is this RP more story driven or is it more like a game-like scenarios?

Because you didn't specify what you wanted in character profile, are you really looking for anything totally specific? Like, are characters supposed to some item they carry, clothing?

Just wondering. I'm hoping I can get a character done after you answer these. Thank you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chinaji
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circuitman on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Seems like an interesting RP. Just one question, are pictures necessary? I generally don't use them for characters, not out of laziness but because I can never find a picture that's close enough to how I envision the character. If it's necessary, I'll suck it up and find something.

Circuitman
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:22 pm

The way the story is driven is more based on the roleplayer's preference. The set up of the RP is like a game, but it's not like the goal of the RP is to necessarily "win" something. The plot is basically three teams of three are sent in the dimensions as a rescue squad. So if I had to choose one, I'd say it was actually more like a story.

About the characters specifics, don't worry about what they are wearing. I was planning on saying in the first post of the RP that the squads were wearing similar weather resistant clothing. Mention things like skin color, eye color, build, hair color, any distinguishing features, etc. No weapons, I was also going to explain in the first post why that was so, but it's mainly because the scientists aren't sure if guns and other weapons like them will be able to function properly in other dimensions. And the use of things like swords on the Spirits would cause too much damage to them, and the scientists of course want you to bring them back alive.

Finally about the picture. I'd prefer if you had a picture along with your description, but if you absolutely can't find one just make sure your description is thorough. Also, try to find a picture similar to your character just for the avatar icon at the top... If not just make sure you put something there :).

Hope that summed some of it up :D

EDIT: To make things more clear for people planning to join, I went ahead and added two sections regarding this on the introduction page! :D Oh, also I know the picture used for the suits was originally supposed to be for futuristic tennis suits... but it works XP

breemee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Update: I also added a large header and section to explain more about how humans lose their humanity and what exactly changes when that happens.

breemee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm

If you can't find an exact avatar icon for the characters I could always photobucket it.. Just saying ^.^'.

♪♫Whether if-its for the light, or if-its for the dark. Here I stand, my head held high. ♫♪

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:52 am

Want to go ahead and put a little sneak peak about some of the different ghastly gouls called Spirits your team might be facing... XD

Image Image

And these guys are just for starters XP

breemee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 am

I might join this RP, it looks good. Can I rserve the Leader of Team 1?
"Chillax Zody, Scheming Zody, Asshole Satori Zody, Srsbsns Zody, Gentleman Zody, GM Zody, TSUNTSUN Zody, Yandere Zody, Kuudere Zody, Immoral Zody, Zodiac, SCIENCE! Zody, Regular Zody, Seductive Zody, Kawaii Desu Neko Zody so far.

Why the hell are there so many Zody's?!"

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:02 am

Sure you can! I'll go reserve it for you on the introduction page. I will hold your reserve for 2 days. I will inform you when I'm about to remove it, so if you still want to keep the reserve after 2 days you have to message me back. :)

breemee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:52 pm

You know what? With weapons and powers constantly changing around and such, this RP prevents it from a single person being overpowered the entire time. Makes a balance so each person has a chance to be the lead effort in the group they are in. Also with only 3 people per group, the summaries will be a lot easier, because I could summarize it up for events on each team. Or will they all be moving together?

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Yep that's what I was thinking :D. Not one person will be a complete expert in whatever weapon or power they are given, so everyone will be kind of balanced :). And nope, the three teams will be in different places at once. I forgot to mention that each team probably won't be able to travel to each world, though I've made sure all the worlds are kind of balanced in awesomeness, so people don't have to worry about that. The only time 2 teams might be in the same world at once is if they both travel to that world at almost the exact same time OR... well in the Earth Worlds, each team will have an opportunity to explore and capture Spirits in two of the worlds there. If one of the team finishes capturing Spirits in their two worlds before the other teams do, they won't be able to travel to the Odd Worlds until all those Spirits are captured, so Bebe will give them the choice to either rest in their current world until time to leave, or to leave and go help the other teams.

breemee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 236ink on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Hey! I like it! Sounds really fun. If you still have space open I would like to join in!

236ink
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Hm, for some reason, I submitted a character and I have a feeling that something didn't go correctly.....Could you please check. I can redo it if something went wrong.

chinaji
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeah, there's no name or anything on the character and I can't click to view it for some reason. Can you resubmit it :)

Also, do you want to be put on a specific team, or do you not really have a preference?

breemee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chinaji on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Oh I see, I'll resubmit quickly. Must have pressed the wrong button or something.

No, I really don't mind what team I'm in. Go wild.

chinaji
Member for 14 years

Re: [OOC] The Watch

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Submitted character.

I got the character idea as soon as I saw it, I was originally going to go for the son of one of the original scientists, but in the end I realised that wouldn't be early enough in his life.
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Haha wow, you're not the only one who has message me with that idea XD. I sent you a PM about some things on your character. Really not anything much to be fixed. Did everyone see the secret password in the introduction by the way? If you didn't you don't necessarily have to go and put it back in your character sheets, but just know there is one. So if you missed it you might want to go and have a look see if you can find it XP

breemee
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tdog123 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Yeah this is my first time but I'll try to do good I submitted character but idk how this works so do I ask you tu reserve a spot for me or ?
TLRP

tdog123
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DreamlessDesire on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:45 pm

I think its in my profile.. Don't remember, I thought I put it >.<

DreamlessDesire
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby breemee on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:24 pm

If you want to take time working on your character then it is better to ask me to reserve a character for you ahead of time :). I sent you a message about your character, take a look at what some other people put in their profiles to get an idea of what I was talking about :).

@Dreamless: And no, you didn't put it in your profile, but that's okay because you messaged me about it even before that, remember XD

breemee
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!