Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The website told me to do this.

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

The website told me to do this.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dream_Hero0106 on Sat May 12, 2018 5:36 pm

So I just joined this site and it's telling me to do this welcome thing so... uh... hi? I guess? I dunno. I'm Dream Hero. Most other places I go by The Hero but I like to dream so I just came up with Dream Hero out of nowhere. I kinda like it. I'm a bit of a nerd as well as an aspiring voice actor. I'm into gaming, anime, comics, and pro-wrestling (yes, I know it's fake. Why can't people accept that but can accept that any other stage play is fake?).

I guess that's it really. You can ask me more stuff if you even read this. I'm just doing this to get whatever this INK stuff is.

Enigmatic me.
Enigmatic you.
Enigmatic view.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dream_Hero0106
Member for 6 years
Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings

Re: The website told me to do this.

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby ililumi. on Sat May 12, 2018 6:25 pm

hello dream hero! glad to have you join ^^ username is very nice~

that's awesome that you'd like to voice act! i know several who also do the same, and the effort they put into it is admirable. i'm sure you're the same! i've always been interested in voice acting but never sure if i could really do it haha, so props to you for that.

what kind of games do you like, and what anime do you watch? i've always found both things quite enjoyable, and it's always fun to find out if maybe someone like the same things as you!

if you're really interested in getting yourself some more ink, be sure to check out the medals you can get on here! they range in difficulty quite a bit, but i myself find it quite fun to complete them and satisfying when another star pops up under the profile picture/username.

i hope you enjoy your time here on rpg! the community is very open and accepting for the most part, so don't be afraid to reach out to people (make friends!) or ask for help when you need it!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

ililumi.
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dream_Hero0106 on Sat May 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks for welcoming me! Honestly I still don't exactly know what I'm doing. I'm glad my phone was sitting next to me to send me an email that you replied. Otherwise I would probably not have seen this. XD

When it comes to games I'm pretty varied. I'm a huge Nintendo fanboy so I'm into almost all of their franchises. Fire Emblem and Zelda are my two favorites. I'm also big into Final Fantasy, Overwatch, and Batman Arkham.

On the subject of anime, I love My Hero Academia. I also recently just finished Assassination Classroom and started watching Megalo Box. I'm interested in watching Seraph of the End, though.

Once again, thanks for taking time out of your day to reply to this. I didn't even expect anyone to because it's a simple throwaway post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dream_Hero0106
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ililumi. on Sat May 12, 2018 7:04 pm

oh of course! and that's totally fine, this site takes a bit of getting used to. personally it took me a month or two before i felt mostly comfortable here. if you ever do need help or want tips or suggestions on anything i'm totally up to offer you something!

ohhhh same! i absolutely love nintendo! and zelda is definitely one of my favorites, if i had enough money i'd be able to play more games than i have available to me haha. i've always been interested in fire emblem though! but have never been able to play any of it

HECK i love my hero academia! i've been super into it for a long while now, and think it's a great show! (and manga, found the manga a while before it was finally animated (which has been absolutely wonderful)). who're your favorite characters???
i've never actually seen assassination classroom but i've heard it's super good! it's on my (ridiculously long) list of shows to watch! did you like it much?
and megalo box, first time i've come across that name aha, is it pretty good as well?
while i did try watching seraph of the end i can't say i'm suuuuper into the show, but that's just me! i know lots of people liked it so definitely try it out if you're interested~

oh yeah sure! don't really need to thank me it was mostly just a simple hello haha

but wow i rambled so much (^^;) i'm real sorry hahaha

ililumi.
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Streamwatcher Greeter Lifegiver Person of Interest Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dream_Hero0106 on Sat May 12, 2018 7:16 pm

No it's cool. I ramble, too, sometimes.

It's always great to meet another Zelda fan. What would you say is your favorite game in the franchise? And Fire Emblem is a great series if you excuse how terrible the divided fan-base is.

Assassination Classroom is an amazing anime. It's honestly one of the best I've ever watched. Megalo Box is a recent show which is a huge throwback to shows like Cowboy Bebop. The production for it is amazing. The show's production cycle is really interesting. They animate the show in high quality, shrink down the animation then resize it to make it look older. It's a great show.

So just one question... where should I start? I can't really figure out where to on this site.

Dream_Hero0106
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ililumi. on Sat May 12, 2018 7:40 pm

hahaha thanks

yes always! and for me it's between ocarina of time and breath of the wild. i really enjoyed the storyline of ocarina, but the open world of breath of the wild was sooo entertaining, and had me able to keep playing for a long while and still have plenty of fun! the characters in both were also super lovable and i got attached haha
and fan-bases for just about anything seem to be a major pain in their own special ways. it's quite frustrating honestly, and often drives people away from something that could be well enjoyed.

really? definitely going to have to bump it up on my list then, so i can watch it sooner than later! i'm glad to here it's a good one.
that sounds rather interesting! i'll have to see about watching it sometime~ and nice/unique animation styles are always the best (and seem to be hard to find at times)

as for starting, i'm probably the worst person to ask that hahaha, but! i know that there are a lot of people who seem to start in the the multiverse. i myself didn't actually go there, and haven't really looked into it either, but that's usually where most of the moderators seem to point people to! it appears to have a rather wide variety of universes and roleplays, and i'm sure is a great place to get to know others and make some friends!
if you're really up to it, you can always go and try looking through the universes they already have available. There's plenty there, though fair warning, it can be a major pain to try and find ones that are active, as well as ones that aren't 1x1 (private, between two players who set it up for just themselves. i would suggest adding "1x1" into the filtered option to get them out so you don't have to try sorting through those). depending on your level of roleplaying, there's usually one that will fit, from beginner, advanced, and well experienced. be sure to look around to see if you're comfortable with those involved and what everything is looking like.
i would be sure to check inside the roleplay itself to see what it's like rather than relying on the title and the description. be sure that you are comfortable with the setting, the rules the people have set in place, and the like. and don't be afraid to ask questions to the creator! more often than not they're more than happy to answer and help explain things or expand on information that you didn't quite understand!
something to keep in mind when joining a roleplay as well, is that you're sure you'll be dedicated to it, and won't just lose interest and suddenly not show up after a while! rpg has a rather...bad track of people joining roleplays or creating roleplays and then just suddenly disappearing, which can often lead to the roleplay dying entirely (i, myself, have been at fault for this, though it's something i am being a lot better about lately), and that can be a major disappointment for many, a pain for creators who are doing their best. one disappearing/ditching a roleplay doesn't just hurt them, but all of those they were roleplaying with as well.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

ililumi.
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dream_Hero0106 on Sat May 12, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks... I came here because I used to use this app called Virtual Space to roleplay but then less and less people wanted to and now it's a struggle to find any good spaces. I'll use this advice well. Thank you very much! I hope to be able to talk with you more. Now I must study how others create their characters and how to adapt here!

Dream_Hero0106
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ililumi. on Sun May 13, 2018 5:34 pm

well i'm glad that you were able to find somewhere new to roleplay at! and no problem! be sure to look at all the different types, and get used to the bbcode and character skeletons, because you'll probably use them quite a bit!
i hope to speak with you again somewhere down the line! and best of luck with your experience in roleplay gateway

ililumi.
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!