Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Writer's Block

a topic in Game Design Workshop, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars

A forum for discussions about the general design of RPG systems and techniques for building good roleplaying games.

Re: The Writer's Block

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Tue May 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Wow. I go away for a week and everything falls to pieces. :s

As I've said before I'm reluctant to give up on the idea myself as I feel it has potential if we can get something up and running.

Who is still interested in getting an RP up and moving at a good pace?
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby trinadi on Tue May 03, 2011 1:47 pm

I would still be interested in getting something up.

I'll put as much time as I can into it, but I'm not going to be around as much as I would like to be in the next couple of weeks. I have summer courses and I have to complete a complex costume for a convention at the end of the month, as well as some other issues. It would be nice to get this working, though.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

trinadi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Wed May 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey all, I wish you the best of luck, but I'm not going to be on here much. There's not a whole lot to hold me, though I will try to have a post in Our Future for you soon. That little rant earlier by Queen of Ice earlier, even if it was justified, just kind of gathers up in one fell swoop all of the issues that I have with this site, so I'm thinking beyond what I have going it may be time for me to move on. You're all great, and I hope that you have fun in all your RP endeavors.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu May 05, 2011 10:26 am

Right, well assuming people are still interested lets pick up where we left off before all the unpleasentness.

It seems no one had any problem with a modern day setting, so lets go from there.

A previous complaint was that people wanted to be involved in the creation process rather than using a preexisting setting, so we should try to come up with a fresh idea that uses a modern setting. What sort of story elements do people want to include. Themes and things like that.

I personally have a great love of martial arts and so I'd like something ideally that can incorporate that into an RP. What do other people think?

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quitelovely487 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm

When I have writers block I read stories, search the web, look at pictures online ans stuff like that. I hope that helps. It helps me alot. I love writing so much so writers block gets me so frustrated. Sometimes you just have to wait it out unfortunately. Here is a product of my get over writers block rules: roleplay/super-normal/
ImageImage

Quitelovely487
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!