Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Things That Go Bump in the Night (OOC Board)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Things That Go Bump in the Night (OOC Board)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Okay, I'll post things relevant to the roleplay here like rules with the Council, what the Twilight is, Shadow Keeper rules, etc. Also, things like plot changes or ideas can be submitted here.
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Things That Go Bump in the Night (OOC Board)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Could I get a rundown of what kind of magic is going on here? I'm a bit at a loss...
Hey, read my fiction! http://www.fictionpress.com/~twindeath Reviews are appreciated.
Könnt ihr mich hören?
Könnt ihr mich sehen?
Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
Ich versteh euch nicht.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Sure. Magic is born from a force called the "Twilight". It's the source of ALL Magical Energies, whether good or evil. As dorky as it sounds, think of the Force from Star Wars lol. While not an entity, it has influence over all who use it. It can be either a gift or a curse, bring genius or insanity.

Basically, the Twilight is the very source of creation, magical or not. Billions of years ago, it built up so much energy that it erupted like a volcano. That is our very own Big Bang! Because of it, Earth and other realms were created. Life evolved, each being linked through the Twilight.

Basically spells are the same as in other fantasy settings. There's Elemental like Fire and Water. There's the Craft, which is mostly potions, charms, spells, etc.

The Twilight is also the source of psychic abilities, like telepathy or telekinetics.

((More to come :) ))

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

The History of the World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:08 pm

So....everyone...or at least most people have heard of the "Big Bang Theory". Well, Science has its rational explanation. But here's the history no mortal knows.

Most Dark Worlders, supernatural beings, know of the Twilight. The Twilight is like an energy force. Like Solar Energy or the "Force" from Star Wars. Its very essance is the source of all Magical Energies. Every being that relies on magic draws from this, from the lightest dabbler to the full-fledged practitioner.
Well the Twilight was basically the very force that created the Big Bang. It had built up so much energy over the past countless millinia, and so, life was born when it erupted like a sleeping volcanoe. While not an entity, it still has influence on sentinent beings. It can inspire them or drive them to insanity.
And millions of years later, life evolved. Primarily on Earth.

At first, humans and Dark Worlders, lived together. Not necessarilly peacefully. And so, the Council, beings considered fully in tune with the Twilight, decided it would be best to separate the two worlds. Not entirely, but enough to keep the truth hidden from mortals. Dark Worlders were allowed to remain in this world and live among humans, but their true identities were never to be known. They could associate but unions were strictly forbidden until just recently.

These separation of the two worlds was kept by a law known as the Balance. The Twilight's Balance was the be upheld by the Council, powerful beings with seemingly infinite knowledge and wisdom. They act as a Judiciary system for Dark Worlders. The Council reigns over two separate "organizations"...The Watch and the Shadow Keepers. The Watch acts as the Police Force, yet they are nowhere near as elite as Shadow Keepers, the ultimate law keepers in the supernatural world.
((more to come))

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:44 am

Whew...That was a long post. I like it though, gives a bit of insight into Kaedai.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:52 am

What sort of technology level are we looking at? you say that this is "modern NYC", but...

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:43 pm

Also Grim is teleporting to wherever Keepers go to get new missions. No clue what I should expect though so could you fill me in or post the setting?

P.S. Selothi I see you!

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:33 pm

Okay, to answer TwinDeath's answer. The technology can be hi-tech, but not quite into the science fiction sort. No airships or laser guns. Mostly it's realistic technology, but it can be merged with a supernatural twist. For example, bullets infused with holy water or silver. But I'll give people room to be creative ;)

And to answer Mr. Hyde.
The Council can be found in the Conclave, a sort of realm between worlds. It can only be found by Council Members and Shadow Keepers. It's a sort of haven for Keepers to rest and relax, but most choose to live in the Mortal Realm. Other creatures may be brought there, but not without the help of the Council or Keepers.
Basically it's like a huge fortress, mixed with various styles of various cultures. It's structure is similar to a gothic church, yet the interior is a maze of halls and rooms that serve various purposes. One hall is the Hall of Mirrors, and one is the Hall of Crystal where the walls, the floors, and the ceiling is made of complete crystal, etc. I'll let Keepers and Council Members invent their own 'Personal rooms' for their own enjoyment.
The inside of the Conclave has rooms for training and leisure, and the Archives, which is virtually a vast library containing every text both mortal and dark worlder.

You're welcome to add things to it for the sake of fun, if you wish. :)

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:44 pm

I should have something up tonight. I'll be told that they've detected a wraith near where the bar was if thats ok. Even if I don't meet it it'll get me back with the group.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:58 pm

Sounds like a plan :)

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:51 am

So, how would the non-teleporting Keepers get to the Conclave?

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 am

I'm assuming there would be outposts scattered around. With some type of two way teleporting object or somewhere there to teleport you.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:39 am

Yeah, probably. Or maybe they carry some sort of...crystal or something that would allow them access. And the crystal would only be available to the Keepers.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:40 pm

Both are excellent ideas. While there are outposts for Keepers to reach, which are hidden within the mortal world in seemingly innocent scenes like a local antique shop or a garage or a house, Keepers also keep little medallions on them at all times. Most of them are personalized, like with an animal or symbol of some sort. Each contains a crystal in its core, of a color of their choosing. Only Keepers and Council Members can use them.

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:58 am

Um...TwinDeath, are you getting to Ashe before or after me?

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwinDeath on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Oops! after, but I kinda ignored you there, didn't I? Sorry, I'm just a bit fried from the four final projects in school. I'll edit...

TwinDeath
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Haha. Its cool.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 pm

....still in school.....poor bastard...

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:26 am

Ok, I'm going to be busy for a while so I thought of a way to stall and at the same time effect the plot. Could someone take control of the council when I bring the girl in? And preferably find that she should be executed or locked up. Something gruesome like that. Also if anyone wants to play the little girl go ahead. I plan on going against the council and maybe going rogue so don't take her out of the room when they reach a verdict. I'll explain when I get back.

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr Hyde on Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Ok here is my basic idea. I bring the girl back, and she stands before the council. For some reason they decide she should die, or receive some other horrible fate. In a stroke of pity I argue with them, and eventually either fight my way out with the girl or get banished. I then try to contact the Wraith who attacked Ashe, and maybe team up with her brother. That way we'd have more than just one bad guy! And it could create some moral dillemas and stuff like that. What do you guys think so far?

Mr Hyde
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!