Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Those Who Have Failed

Those Who Have Failed

a part of “Those Who Have Failed”, a fictional universe by TriuvLED.

Welcome to Crave, a cafe and coffee-house famous for both its cakes and its 'odd jobs'.... We are currently hiring, but you don't really have a choice, do you? *ALWAYS ACCEPTING, COME CHECK US OUT*

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Those Who Have Failed”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Those Who Have Failed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TriuvLED on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:49 pm

"Those Who Have Failed"

Hey everybody, welcome to the OOC section. Whether you have joined or are only thinking about it, this is the place for you.

ON RESERVING
Since there are really only two spots available for reservation, (the P.A.C. and the supernatural employee) those will be the only ones available to reserve.

But for us normal people, you can 'call dibs' on a certain position. For example, if I had to reserve a character, I would probably go about doing it as so:

Hey there! Nice roleplay, I would like to call dibs on a senior employee. He's going to be tempermental, and his specialty is probably going to have something to do with managing others, since he's going to be the manager. Because I'm the GM."

So basically, just call dibs if you have a character-type, specialty, or other idea that you don't want anyone else to take. This is good, because that way we won't have a bunch of emo-guys or happy-go-lucky girls. Of course, I would love to have one each of those, though.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TriuvLED
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Those Who Have Failed

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leon21 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Is being able to post once or twice a day to once every two days IC enough to be able to play a staff character? I am able to post multiple times every day OoC, but, due to school and homework, I usually don't have enough time to post more than two, three times Monday to Friday. If that amount of posting is okay, I'd love to take a junior staff member ^^ If not, I may just play a commissioner ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Leon21
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanWriter22 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:14 pm

So I was wondering if I could call dibs on two characters, one would be the supernatural character the other a commissioner, I would think the second would be in and out regualy but not a main character just one to keep the plot moving iff that is ok I will start on them right now.

First would be a ultra shy and non talkative girl, she would appear alot younger then her age and would be used as stealth work becasue of her light figure. She would have a viotiale temper with a long fuse but once angered would lash out ant anyone and everyone feeling extremly upset after the 'Attack'. She is trained in many martial arts and only is at the cafe becasue she failed at being by herself and she has no family.

Second would be a strong man who randomly appears without warning and a few of the senior employees wonder why he uses the Cafes 'odd job' system sense he appears to be perfectly capable to take care of himself. He is lazily talkative, meaning he will ramble without anyone realizing he was rambaling becasue of his soft and relaxed tone. He pays well and appears acouple times a month and seems to be more of a middle man then the person attually hiring the cafe sense most cases have no link together at all.
Last edited by FanWriter22 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this world its not faith that saves us but defiance

FanWriter22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:19 pm

What is the Culture here? If it's Japanese sorry I'm out, but any other culture and I would love to join. If it's not to Japenesey my character character would be like this.

He would have a bit of a split personality disorder, one part being his prominent personality which would be an average guy who is intelligent and enjoys a good laugh with friends, the other would have an overpowering personality of rage and spite. The main personality is excellent with computers. While the other would be great for jobs like assault and straight up murder (Not sneaky stuff, but like a mafia style killing were he just goes in, shoves an ice pick into the guys temple then blows the house up...) He would be a Junior staff. That's about it.

By not to Japanesey I mean just a Japanese cultures which I don't get at all, japan is just very over done to me. I like a mix of cultures.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TriuvLED on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:27 pm

@Leon, that would definitely be enough for a commisioner, and if you want a staff member it all depends how much you think you want to get involved.

@Fanwriter, it would be okay for you to play a commisioner, but for the supernatural employee I really need to let you know that you will have more stake in this roleplay than others might have. In the beginning, at least. I plan to make every single character special. c:

@Addrinvan The culture is kind of European/American, with perhaps some Japanese mixed in. This roleplay is a tad futuristic, and the cultures are very blended, but with English dominating the area where Crave is. As for your character, he sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see him!

TriuvLED
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FanWriter22 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Thats fine if you want me to be a Jounior employee thats fine and maybe decide out of a couple whos super is better? I will make her so she is easily changed from one or the other so if you dont like her as a super she can be human? just an idea and I edited my first statement so you could see what I wanted them to be like.

FanWriter22
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 pm

Alrighty then I'll get working right away. I like a Firefly like setting with China and America the best, but America and Europe are great. I really just can't do Japan there are to many rules mixed into the Culture and what I as an American see as cool they find uncool or even a tad pervy. I mean cool over there is shy and reserved. Cool over here is out spoken, strong, and even a tad pervy. Anyways I'll have it up tonight.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leon21 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Well, I'd certainly be willing to get involved, so, if the limit on my posting is enough for me to roleplay a junior member, I'd be more than glad to make one ^^

Leon21
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TriuvLED on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:47 pm

@FanWriter Since you also want to be a commisioner, I think it's probably for the best if you take a pass on playing the supernatural employee. They would be, after all, a lot of work and responsibility. I really like shy characters, by the way. If you have any special plans for your commissioner, PM me! I'd love to hear what you've got, and I'll make sure to support your idea(s). That goes for everyone.

@Leon Awesome, do you have any specific traits you want to call dibs on?

@Addrinvan I know, you'd think that 'cool' would refer to 'cool-headed', or something similar. Anyways, this culture is very refined, and social standing is very, very important. Typically, I don't think social standing would matter to someone who's failed horribly, so we have to worry about that much IC. Of course, it might have something to do with a couple character's failures.

TriuvLED
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leon21 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 pm

How well would a character who is socially awkward, incredibly indecisive, and extremely poor at leading fit into this roleplay? I'm half thinking about making a character who has very mild self-defeating personality disorder and is very shy. If that's not okay for a character, I was thinking my 'back-up' could be a character who, again, was fairly socially awkward, but was also a bit more of a leader, even if so only because he just wants to get things done and over with. He'd be a bit on the lazy side, but also willing to work quickly to get things done.

Leon21
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TriuvLED on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:13 pm

Well Fanwriter called dibs on a shy character, but I suppose you could also play one as shyness isn't his dominate trait. I'd go for the second option, though, if I were you. He sounds amusing...

xD

TriuvLED
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leon21 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 pm

I'll go for the second charrie, then ^^ This'll be interesting; I don't think I've ever played a character with such a personality before. Yay for new experiences! I'll have to post his bio tomorrow, it's getting late, and my mother downloaded a virus onto my computer just now (this is why I don't let people use my computer >_<), so I'll have to type out his bio on ipod, something I'm really not looking forward to doing xD So, yeah, I'll write up his bio tomorrow ^^

Leon21
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H.Dot.S on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Two things. I love this Roleplaying game, and it so reminds me of a local Coffee House. Its a profit-free organization, and the volunteers come from all walks of life, and its run by this awesome guy called Mr. E. So yeah, this roleplay is going to be one of the few I join. Kudos to you, creator of this Roleplay. You are skilled at what you do.
I'm about to make a Junior Member, who is Manic-Depressive (AKA Bipolar, know a days), who also has a slight (slight, not serious) drinking problem.
If you want me to change anything, I will after I send in the character (except the name of course)
This looks really, really awesome. I can't say that enough.
Would you like your pizza in six slices or eight?
Just six, thank you, I don't think I could eat eight.

H.Dot.S
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:09 pm

alright character up. That took me a long time. especially the names. I hope giving two names was okay, but I really couldn't give one since they are two different people in the same body. I think at parts I went a bit overboard saying that Berdy is depressed without explaining that he isn't overtly depressed and that he doesn't really realize it himself. But, I can get more into that later.
Last edited by Addrinvan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:25 pm

I'd like to reserve the Supernatural Employee - And if possible have her be a Senior Employee.
I want for her to most likely a Half-Human Half-Faerie. Her personality would be very bubbly, seeming to always be happy, and just downright cheerful. She's very well known as being a patron of the arts and is rather skilled in a few of the fields herself. She's a hopeless romantic and might often be seen daydreaming about her knight in shining armor. She can be a ditz sometimes and is often underestimated, but for a reason unknown, whenever you piss her off, you don't seem to be continuing whatever it was that you were doing for very long. She seems to exude an aura of strength. I had in mind for her to be an Empath.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:10 am

Hello there, I'm making a character named Alina. She's "little miss perfect" and doesn't appear to fit Crave's criteria at all. Blonde and green-eyed, Alina hides a terrible past of abuse and neglect. She strives to be perfect and impressing others is her top priority. She's a junior staff member and she'll join at the very beginning of the role-play. Alina's goal is merely to be "good enough" - but she's failed time and time again. Alina puts on a "brave front" but is terrified of the supernatural, is depressed and has major anxiety disorders that make her think everything and everyone's going to kill her.

Her main trait is probably perfectionism but also paranoia.

So... Yep. Dibs? She doesn't even really have a "personality." She's everything you want her to be. Anything anyone wants her to be. Example, if she's trying to impress a guy who likes feisty, badass girls, she'll switch her personality in a heartbeat.

Her specialty will be music and/or archery, depending on what you'd prefer, GM :) I might post the character first and if you accept her, I'll just edit her profile later. Thank you for your time!

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fencer on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:47 am

I'm thinking of making a character who hates himself though he don't realize it, his hatred is demonstrated by the presence of an "imaginary foe", the contrary of the things that are invented when a child feels lonely and wants a friend, this person that only he can can see "makes him tripping" (for anyone else he tripped alone) when is carrying something or what makes him angry and lose focus when he shouldn't, thereby creating the multiple failures that has had over of his life he blames everything to this "ghost" though isn't something supernatural, sometimes ends up fighting with this imaginary person.

I haven't thought any more than this, I receive suggestion or advices.
"The laziness is the engine of progress, who invented the wheel was because, obviously, didn't want walk"

Fencer
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Green~Apple on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:30 am

Hey, I read through the whole thing and I'm interested in the RP I was hoping I could take a senior staff. . . if not, a junior will work too. I kind of make up my characters as I go so I will be sending it in once it's done, I hope you'll like him. . .
Saying of the month :: You'll just never know…so many emotions I choose not to show.
Song of the month :: Jame Vincent McMorrow - We Don't Eat (Adventure Club Remix)

Image Image Image

Green~Apple
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leon21 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 am

I submitted my character ^^ I hope he's okay. His personality is a bit different from what I was suggesting earlier, but, oh well. At least he has a personality XD

Leon21
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TriuvLED on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Regarding the people who want to join:

@H.Dot.S Why thank you! :3

@Little Fox She sounds nice, I'll reserve her for you. I don't really have a time limit on reserving, but I expect you to have her up by the time we're all ready to start. The roleplay doesn't wait on any one person.

@Layla Regarding your character's specialty, maybe sometime during the game we could combine the two skills somehow? I don't know, like a bow that you could play like a violin? Because when your character 'levels up' maybe her tool could recieve an update.

@Fencer He sounds like an interesting character. I don't think you need to reserve dibs anymore than what you have already, but send him ASAP!

Regarding people who have joined:

@Fanwriter When you make a commisioner, they don't neccesarily have the same 'problems' or 'failures' as the Crave staff. So you might want to edit your sheet, or I can put one up on the intro page if you like. Of course, I didn't tell you this beforehand so you can keep him the way he is. I really like Amara, and thanks for sending your characters in so quickly!

@Addrinvan I believe I asked for anime pictures, but drawings are fine too. However, sense your picture is so big, it would make your character page easier to read if you removed the [right.] codes around the picture!

@H.Dot.S Your character sheet seems fine, but maybe you'd want to underline the 'personality', 'gender', and 'failure' parts. Can really think of the word for them... headers?

@Layla Alina's character idea is an intriguing one!

@Green~Apple Hadrian's pictures aren't coming through... do you want to send me the links so I can upload them to photobucket? Otherwise, he seems like an awesome character.

@Leon Ivan makes me wish my character was a girl.

Regarding my own character submission:
For some reason, whenever I try to submit my character this 'error' popup comes up. I think either roleplaygateway is either glitching or my internet is spazzing out. It's probably my internet, but I''ll try again today.

SIDE STORIES!
Oh how I love side stories, especially the character-specific ones. Addrinvan, you reminded me of this in your character profile. Everyone, please start thinking of your plans for your characters. Do have a specific way for them to get on a better path? Do you want them to even get better at all? Do they have an uncle who'll come in and screw things up sometime later in the roleplay? Anything, any ideas you want. You can PM them to me, or you can post on the new thread I'll set up once I get my character in.

TriuvLED
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!