Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Time for an introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Time for an introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Hello there, I'm Quill.

I’ve been a writing addict for quite some time now, but I’ve only recently started doing a bit of collaborative writing and came to the (maybe obvious) conclusion that writing with other people can be a really enjoyable experience. So now that I’ve tried collaborative fiction, I’d like to take a shot at roleplaying, and this site in particular stood out from all the others I’ve researched.

Although I'm willing to try any setting, Fantasy and Science Fiction are the genres that interest me the most, because of the near endless possibilities, but I also enjoy more realistic settings (ex: slice-of-life, psychological) as long as they have an engaging plot. Some themes like circus, art, steampunk, music bands, space travel and pirates are irresistible to me. Humans with powers is also something I enjoy toying with, but it’s more in the sense of how these abilities affect the mind and body of the characters and those around them as opposed to how they’re used to fight villains and save the day.

Despite my inclination to exact sciences, I love performing arts and music is like oxygen to me (I mean it. Music withdrawal can kill me). I was born in Angola but I’m currently living in Portugal, so that’s WET (UTC+0) time zone.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this. I know I’m new to this and there’s a lot for me to learn but I’m really looking forward to writing with you all.

Oh, and also... Instead of cookies, would you be interested in a pastel de nata? It’s a Portuguese pastry and a real treat, I promise :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Quill
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Time for an introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Okay, I was going to write this whole introductory welcome until I saw the part at the end of your post about pastel de nata and I had to go look it up...

I think I may now be in love with you. Those look delicious.

Anyway! Since I am now on a quest to find the best recipe for these treats, I will shorten my welcome post and simply say hello and if you need anything feel free to ask. ;) With your preferences, I feel you would fit in easily since there are many roleplays up at the moment that fit your criteria!

I am going to give you some links that may help you out on the site. The RPG User Manual will give you some basic info on the site and how to use it and the Rules are short, sweet and to the point.

Once you get familiarized with the place, I'd suggest going to either the Interest Checks thread or the Roleplayers Wanted thread. Interest checks are for people looking to gather people for a roleplay that's in its planning stages and Roleplayers Wanted is a thread looking for people to join a RP that has already been created but simply needs more people!

Need anything else!? Just ask!

~Celedia
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:43 am

Hello, Celedia, thank you so much for replying.

I'm glad you liked those pastries. If I could I'd give you the recipe for pasteis de Belem, since they're definitely the best pasteis de nata here in Portugal. Unfortunately, they're top secret, nobody knows how to make them, so you'll have to do with the normal recipes. But even those are still pretty addicting, I assure you.

Good luck on your cooking quest. And when you make them, can you please let me know how it went? And if you liked them? If you don't mind that, of course. Oh, and a little tip: if you don't mind cinnamon, I recommend putting a little bit on top of the pasteis de nata, it really brings out the flavor.

Thank you for the links, they've proving to be really helpful. I just can't wait to start writing!

Have a nice day,
Quill

Quill
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 am

Hey there.

I'm a bit belated in this post and hopefully you're still keeping an eye on this thread. The reason I'm shooting you this message is that I was wondering if you might still be in the market for roleplays. I'm trying to gather together some new players for the Multiverse RP, and people with a strong emphasis on collaborative writing always catch my eye.

For me roleplaying is about writing a story as a group and emphasis needs to be on that story or the players are just going to be tripping over each others feet every step of the way.

Anyways if you are still looking to join in on any roleplays and think that the Multiverse might be something that would interest you let me know. Most of the stuff I'm personally working on there is either high fantasy or sci-fi, and I also can get you some links to plot lines other players are running. The nature of the Multiverse makes for a very diverse environment since instead of being one massive plot line that everyone is participating in, it's multitudes of overlapping plot lines inside of one universe.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!