Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Time Travel: Rise of the Time Keepers (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Time Travel: Rise of the Time Keepers (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:08 pm

As Kane grabbed on to Lucas as he said, Lucas flashed away to the skyscraper. Somebody had seen Lucas just before he made the jump, and that worried Lucas slightly. If the man was one of the Time Keepers the others had talked about, then they knew he was in the city. The room was large with a view of the city outside the large windows that covered one wall. He was carrying a half-concious Kane, and decided to take him to the back bedroom. The hotel room served as a temporary living quarters, though Lucas had only planned on using it until Kane was better.

Just before Lucas was about to return to the front room, he heard a large crash. Somebody was in the room! Lucas unsheated his sword and crept slowly through the doorway. He saw a man with a welding mask pinning down the man from the hospital. He wasn't sure which one to trust, because either one could be a Time Keeper. Either way, they were in his territory, and were not welcome.

He ran to the man with the welding mask and pulled him off the other man. The man swung a punch at Lucas which he dodged with a quick sidestep. Lucas' counter attack was a quick circling motion with his sword, which removed the mans hand. Lucas was caught off guard when The man swung at Lucas with the other fist, and hit him squarely in the face. Lucas' realiation was fast enough to deliver a fatal stab through the gut, and the man collapsed on the floor.

Lucas moved to the other man who was lying over a bed of broken glass nad held his sword to the mans throat. "Give me one reason why I shouldn't do the same to you."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:23 pm

One reason, one reason, one reason, come on Damien, think, before he slits your throat in half.

"Because, I am apart of the ancient cult of....oh screw it, I'm Damien Vice, a time traveller, being chased by freak villains, travelling all over the place to hopefully find a safe spot, and I try to help wherever it's needed. I lost a friend, and have a supercomputer knowledge at my disposal. Is that enough? Will you still skewer me like a kabob? Or will you put away your sword, and we can settle this in a way that doesn't involve sharp and metal objects? I am very aichmophobic...that's fear of sharp objects, just FYI."
Writer, Musician, and Time Person Of The Year 2006.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Lucas stood over the man. He could easily kill him right there, or just pry his mind for the information he wanted. He was testing him to see if he could be trusted. He spoke the truth, and that was admirable. For that, he deserved the truth from Lucas.

"My name is Lucas Asam, and I am a time traveler like yourself. I came to the past from the far future to stop a great evil from completely overtaking the world. I just defeated a villain named Maestro with my companions, and i'm now fighting these Time Keepers, apparently. I've lost a few friends myself.. But a few more people are on their way here now. We each have our own personal goal, but i hope we can all help eachother in fighting against the Time Keepers... We all seem to be wanted for our time traveling abilities." Lucas sheathed his sword and pulled Damien up. "I can understand if you don't want any part of this, but if these Time Keepers are as big as i've been told, then I aim to take them down." Lucas walked over to the dead man lying on the floor. he knelt by him and noticed a strange device on his arm. It seemed to be a time traveling device, with some sort of crystal embedded on the top. The crystal seemed familiar, but he couldn't tell where he had seen it before. He stuck it in his pocket to examine later. "If you do choose to leave, please tell me everything you know about the Time Keepers before you do."

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:17 pm

"Let's go then" Mike replied, he set off at a jog and after a while reached the massive building just under ten minutes "i'm suggesting we take the stairs" He said "Chances are we aren't the first here so we might here voices on our way up. The lobby was in the least entertaining, red was literally the theme of it, they bypassed the counter and skipped over to the nearby emergency stairs climbing their way up and noticing how each floor seemed to take on the same style of the first. On the eighth floor he finally heard something "Ryan," He called "I think i've found them." Scooting towards each door he finally heard voices in the sixth room. He knocked, "This is Mike and Ryan coming in" He called "We are unarmed, may we come in?"

Orrin55
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby triblade on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:45 pm

Waking up in a cell Avon has a splitting headache and is coverd in a rubber like substance likely to prevent him from getting any electricity. When a man walks up to him Avon asks him "do you know why this won't hold me for more than two minutes, it is because the human body generates electricity enough for me to get out of this cell." Breaking the shackles that are holding him he grabs the guards head and drains the bodies electricity. Seeing his weapons and pendelumn he grabs them and warps out of the prison.

triblade
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:02 pm

Damien swept off the shards of glass on his coat with his hands, judging by how the glass didn't break any skin, it was most likely plexiglass, and plexiglass needs a LOT of force to shatter.

"Well nonetheless, we do need to learn more about the Time Keepers. I have been searching for where their headquarters are, and my friend Marcus is scanning through the internet to find their database. It is indeed somewhere, but I'm out to find where. All I really know about the Time Keepers is that they'll do anything to catch you, children are born and raised just to do that. It is a huge, huge organization. They can be anywhere. They'll kill you whenever they get the chance," Damien paused and walked to look out the window. "and they'll also kill whoever's with you."

Damien remembered that day, the day that was stored in the back of his mind, can't bearing to look back at it. He rid the thought of his mind and turned back around. "We really need to be careful,"

Just as he said that, his phone rang.

"And there's Marcus," he said with a laugh and took out his phone. "Hello?"

"Damien, I think I may have found their database," Marcus said.

"Yeah come to think of it, why would they put their database on the web?"

"It really isn't on the internet, it's undectable by many search engines, and after doing a full internet search, of every website in existence, I found it."

"Every web site?"

"That's why it took about three months."

Damien laughed. "So what's the name of it?"

"It is: 'www.ttktispider.webs.com', weird name, obviously spiderwebs but weird nonetheless."

"They probably put a dot in to make the link a bit more confusing. But that was simple, right?"

"Nope, there's a password lock. No password, no entry. But I do have the right database,"

"What makes you say that?"

"It says 'TTK Database' explicitly on there."

"Well I'm not near a computer right now, but tell me when you get the password."

"Will do."

Damien hung up and put the phone back in his pocket.

"We are unarmed, may we come in?"

Damien looked at the door with suspicion. Whoever was behind it could easily be lying. He wasn't sure what to do, if he should trust them or not.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Lucas listened as Damien spoke, hanging on every word. He really hoped Damien knew something that would give them an edge over the TimeKeepers, but wasn't completely suprised when he didn't.

"Yes, we will definately need to be careful. The people that are hopefully going to help will have to do it on their own, I'm not going to force anybody into this."

Damien's phonerang, suprising Lucas a bit. the conversation was about the Time Keeper's database.

"If it took three months to find the database... How long might it take to crack the password..." Lucas said quietly after he hung up.

When two people appeared at the door, Lucas was relieved. He recognized Mike's voice from the roof of the hospital. "Come in!" He yelled back. "Don't mind the mess..." He said, referring to the dead timekeeper and plexiglass on the floor.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:10 pm

"Surprise, Surprise" Mike said opening the door and seeing the mess. "You've had a party without me, no worries" He knelt by the dead man and looked up at the man with brown hair and brushing off his coat "You, my timetravelling friend seem to attract alot of people" Mike said "Oh this is Ryan, he hasn't heard about time keepers and is a big fan of free falling" He chuckled "Especially with no parachute" he stood up and dusted his pants of glass and faced Lucas "i've met a timekeeper before i came here" Mike said "he confirmed it when i asked and told me he had plans of his own" Mike looked down at the dead body "I don't think the timekeepers are very orgainized yet" He reasoned "And if they are, they got a few people with their own aganda"

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadiel on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:26 am

"It's not nice to lie to people Mike, I'm definitely not unarmed. And what do you mean freefalling? You try holding up 160 pounds with your mind, see how easy it is." Ryan laughed as he followed Mike. He stood between the door frame and scanned the room before entering.

"I'll admit, I wouldn't hire you guys to do my interior decorating." he said with a chuckle. He looked around the place, then his eyes wandered to the dead man on the floor, who seemed to be wearing some strange outfit, and a welding mask.

"I'm guessing that's a Time Keeper? What exactly do they do, and why are they after all of you?" He looked at the faces around the room.

"I'm sorry, excuse my ignorance. In my time, these... Time Keepers, don't exist." He explained "And to be quite honest, I really have no idea what's going on here. On minute I was on Base, the next I get a time-traveling watch from some half-dead guy and I'm told to help save the future."

Hadiel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:18 pm

Expecting to be thrown to the ground by a gigantic shockwave, Aiden had braced himself for the impending explosion and walked slowly down the street, hesitating with each step. All he got for his efforts was a distant boom and a few shattering windows.

He turned around and looked back at the building. It still stood tall; the damage was negligable. Aiden's shoulders drooped. "Well... that was anticlimactic."

Turning back to face the street, Aiden had just enough time to hail a cab. Seeing his signal at the last moment, the cabbie came to a sudden stop. Aiden wasted no time in hopping into the back seat.

Aiden leaned forward and pointed to the building in the distance. "Take me there. Extra ten bucks if you get there in five minutes."

Grinning maliciously, the cabbie nodded. "You got it."

The yellow sedan took off down the street. Upon arrival outside the skyscraper, Aiden payed the driver his dues, then stepped out. The cab sped off, and Aiden took a couple steps toward the entrance of the building. He stepped on something and looked down. Broken glass. Aiden's gaze shot straight up, looking for its source. He could see a broken window higher up.

"I guess that's as good a place to start as any."

Aiden counted the floors, then moved inside. He took the elevator up. Moving through the hallways, searching for the correct room, Aiden caught sight of Mike and Ryan entering through a door. Two seconds later, and Aiden would have missed them. He followed them inside.

Aiden gazed upon the gathered faces, noting in particular the new one, and the dead one. Narrowing his eyes as the mask-clad head.

"Looks like you guys started the fun without me." Aiden stepped closer to the corpse, cocking his head. "Wait a minute... The hell?" He turned to Lucas, a confused expression adorning his face. His finger shot out, pointing at the body. "I killed that guy. Eight months ago. He came outta nowhere and attacked me, and I killed him. What the hell is he doing here?"

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Lucas managed to laugh at the comments made about the "mess." Laughter was rather short nowadays, whenever he got the chancehe enjoyed it. He nodded as they all spoke. Things were all starting to peice together and make sense. Maestro must have been a higher ranking Time Keeper.

"We all seem to attract a lot of people, if what Aiden said was true. I don't think you've killed this man before, this is a Time Keeper. I'm assuming a low ranking one, which is why you've seen one with the same uniform." He turned to Ryan. "Well, from what i've been told, the Time Keepers are an organization of time travelers aiming to eliminate all other time travelers. They are very dangerous. They want us because we can travel through time." He looked at Damien, then at the others. "This is Damien, another time traveler. He's being chases by the Time Keepers, and I just saved his life. Now, we all have some kind of fighting experience. I'm going to fight these Time Keepers whether you are all with me or not, but i would feel a lot better if you were." He looked at Mike. "It wouldn't suprise me if some of them did have their own goals, i'm sure most of us do." He thought for a moment about his own goal. He had lost everything worth fighting for, and nobody else deserved the same suffering. "I hate to tell you this Ryan, but from the sound of it the Time Keepers are everywhere by now. That may even include your time..."

The room was silent for a moment. In an attempy to break the silence, Lucas turned to Mike, then to Aiden. "Mike, Aiden, why did you approach me in the first place?"

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orrin55 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:52 pm

"Series of event's" Mike explained, "I used to be a photographer, usually i head back to the past, take a few snapshots and sell them off to a few people who wanted them" He scratched his head and sat down on a nearby chair "The timekeepers caught me out on one of my trips and after attempting to recruit me sought to eliminate me, so i blinked away and warpped back to my dads place." He looked up at Lucas and grinned "At first i didn't know who they were, My dad told me to see you, he heard about the battle against Maestro." He took a breath "I was surronded again by the timekeeper, this time they brought a high ranking member with them, we fought but i managed to get away got this burn in the process" He stood up and began pacing "He was a real big nutcase, smart, but he firmly believed that the Nazi's had the right idea, i decided to travel here after i learned of your location to seek some answers, i've got most of them answered so i would have gone back" He looked at all of them "I have a firm belief that the timekeepers are now considering us a threat, they're assuming we've teamed up against them so i can't just waltz away now and expect them to let me go scott free"

Orrin55
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Damien followed each of their conversations, and nodded when acknowledged by Lucas.

"Well, I really don't think I'm involved here anymore really. Have fun talking about the Time Keepers, but try to not attract more of them." Damien said before walking to the stairs. He walked down the flights of stairs and walked down the street. He walked with no effective destination, he'd just see where the roads would take him. Storm clouds started to form, and give their two cents to Damien in the form of rain. Apparently those two cents weren't good ones. He walked through the rain, his overcoat flowing behind him. He never buttoned it, as some of the buttons were not very well threaded. He heard a cackling radio from a window from an apartment.

"For he inflicts pain and gives relief, and wounds, and hands also heal. From six troubles he will deliver you, and even in seven evil will not touch you..." the radio cackled out. Damien looked up at the window. The saying was from the book of Job, and it was cackling too much for Damien to keep track. He continued walking on. Soon, after walking down a couple streets, he came across a cemetery. He opened its creaky, rusty gates and walked into it. Tombstone upon tombstone was in there, each one showered with flowers. He walked through slowly, reading each tombstone. He stopped at one, and crouched down to read it. It was a small tombstone, adorned with "Maestro" at the top of it. Nothing else was written on it, besides the words "Goblin Men" on the bottom.

"Goblin men?" Damien said aloud.

"It's a poem," a voice said from behind Damien. He looked at the old man who said it, obviously the cemetery worker. "By Christina Rosetti. 'We must not look at goblin men, we must not buy their fruits, who knows what kind of soil they fed, their hungry, thirsty roots?' Sir, why are you even here? It's late."

"I was just wandering..." Damien said. He got up and walked back to the gate, leaving the man alone. Damien walked by the same cackling radio, playing the same cackling verse of Bible.

"...nor does trouble grow from the ground, for man is born into trouble as the sparks fly upwards."

Damien was now soaking wet, but didn't care. He continued walking on, seeing where else he could go. Then his phone rang. The thing about his phone is that it rang a lot, even if the person called you an hour ago in their time, it will only be about half an hour for you.

"Marcus, what do you have?" Damien asked.

"The password. I got it. Are you near a computer?" Marcus asked.

"I am not, no. But I can find a computer store or something, I can probably use on of theirs."

Damien walked down the street, and there was a computer store. How convenient. A bit too convenient. Damien was always surrounded by coincidences. He walked in, and asked if he could use the internet of a computer. The worker there agreed, but only if it was for a second. Damien got on the internet and typed in the address.

"ttktispider.webs.com right?" Damien asked.

"Yep. Now it'll ask for a password. Enter this with no spaces: we must not look at goblin men" Marcus said. Damien's eyes widened as he said that. He quickly shook it off and entered in the password. He was met with a black screen with white type.

"Are you there?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah, ha! That is so not me." Damien said, referring to the picture on the page. "Why is there only this small thing? Isn't it a huge organization?"

"They don't store it or cache it, it's just updated whenever news is found. So the page you see now could be deleted soon."

"Hmm, Lucas Asam, Aiden Langley. I guess those were the people I met earlier. How exactly did they find their names?"

"Who knows? They're a good organization."

The worker tapped Damien on the shoulder, telling him it was time to close.

"Marcus, I'll call you later."

http://www.ttktispider.webs.com
Password: wemustnotlookatgoblinmen

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:06 am

Aiden shrugged at Lucas' question. "I don't even know who you are. But I've seen you. I think we're from the same time, you and I."

He stepped forward and reached into his coat pocket, fumbling around for a moment. "Which is why I wanted to ask you about this." Aiden pulled out the crystalline device. No doubt Lucas would recognize the tiny time machine Morotov had called the Temporal Aperture. "It's what brought me here, to this time."

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TillKim on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:48 pm

(ok this is way to confusing i can't keep up with you guys. I am out of the rp sorry for bothering you. I got lost on page one so i really can't keep up with you guys. Sorry again later.)
(\/)
( . .)
c(")(") hehe bunny~~

TillKim
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:31 am

Lucas opened his mouth to stop Damien as he left, but let him go. It wasn't like Damien HAD to help them, Lucas just wished he would. It was like he didn't understand, they were trying to attract them at this point. If Damien was wanted by the Time Keepers than he was involved. But no matter, the others before him seemed more than capable enough.

"These Time Keepers...they're sick." He said referring to how Mike one of them believed hitler was right. He was still interested at how his dad could have told him about the battle with Maestro, it only happened a few days ago. I guess that's one of the odd side effects of time travel.

"From my time, Aiden? I don't know abou-" He stopped mid-sentence when he pulled out a small device. He suddenly didn't know if he could trust Aiden. He had too many questions for his mouth to spit out at ounce. "How di... Where...Morotov!" He wasn't making much sense.

"Aiden, where did you get that device.." He choked out. His words almost had a threatening tone. He wanted desperately to know where Morotov was.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:17 pm

With a look of confusion at Lucas' sudden incoherence, Aiden pulled back the Aperture, clutching it close to his chest. "I found it. It was just lying on the ground, and I picked it up. Next thing I knew, I was in 2025."

A rather unbelievable story for just about anyone outside the room. Luckily, time travel was a routine occurrence for all present, so Aiden didn't have to worry about sounding crazy. His steady gazed remained focused on Lucas. "Do you know anything about it? Maybe this thing is why the Time Keepers are after me. You don't think they want it, do you?"

It would really be shite if the little device in his hand was the reason he was near the top of a hit list. But Aiden couldn't think of any other reason why the Time Keepers would want him dead. Before he found the Temporal Aperture, he was nothing more than a regular guy surviving in a nearly-dead world. It was just eight days after he had arrived in this time period that a man in costume identical to the one lying on the ground had attacked him with murderous intent.

Despite all that, however, Aiden felt he did not want to part with the device.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm

With all that had happened lately, Lucas wanted to reach out and snatch the aperture. He wasn't quite sure what to trust anymore. It was no doubt identical to the Temporal Aperture that Morotov had, but was it the same one?

"That... is a Temporal aperture. I had a friend, Morotov, who used it to travel through time... He used his mind to enhance the powers of it, and it drained him to the point of near death. The friend helped me defeat Maestro... If it is indeed the same one that he used, that may be why the Time Keepers are after you. But.. why would they need it?" Lucas said as he looked directly into Aiden's eyes.

Perhaps the Aperture drained Morotov too much? Maybe that is why he disappeared...

Lucas casually slipped his hand into his coat pocket as he normally did when he was thinking. His hand touched something cold, and he pulled it out. It was the crystal that he had taken off the Time Keeper.

"Wait...what??" Lucas realized why the crystal was so familiar. The crystal was identical to the one on the Temporal Aperture.

"So this is how they have so many troops time traveling." Lucas said as he gazed into the crystal.

He turned back to Ryan and Mike. "Have you guys ever seen anything like this?" He said as he held the crystal up.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hadiel on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Ryan shook his head "Sadly no. As I've said, I know next to nothing about time travel, and absolutely nothing about these Time Keepers." He walked towards Lucas and showed him his watch.

"I got this thing from a a half-dead Time Traveler as I was taking a walk off-base one night. He appeared in a flash of light, and practically forced me to take it." Ryan raised his hand and examined the watch in the dull light. "I didn't know what I was doing so I just put it on and pushed the button on the side, and bam. I wound up in the middle of a hospital with a bomb in it." The watch looked like a perfectly normal designer watch, except that it had no brand or logo on it that would distinguish it as such. The only thing out of place on the watch was a rather large button on the left side, and the fact that the minute and hour hands were made what looked like a blue crystal.

Ryan looked around at the faces in the room. "I can't really explain why I came here. I mean, the guy told me I needed to help save the future, but, It doesn't seem all that much in danger to me. Seems like an awful large burden."

Hadiel
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:27 pm

"Damien, Damien, wake up. Damien!" a female voice said.

Damien was being pushed on the shoulder to be woken up. As much as he wanted to sleep, he had to wake up. All he could manage to say with his still half asleep self was a few mumbles.

"Damien, wake up, Marcus is waiting at the cafe." the voice said again.

Damien kept his eyes shut. He didn't want to get up.

...but a cup of tea sounded good right about now.

"I'll get ready, get changed, you've been wearing those clothes for three days now."

Damien fell asleep in his regular clothes, as he did every night. Suprisingly, he slept well. He rubbed his eyes and opened them, just in time to see the door close to his room.

"I hate it when she does that. She always wakes me up." he said to himself. He walked over to his closet and grabbed some new clothes, which were the same kind of what he was wearing. He changed and walked outside of his room. Delia was standing at the door, holding her small purse.

"Took you long enough, come on." she said. Delia was very much like a tomboy, actually, she was a tomboy. Damien followed her out the door, locking it behind him. Before he knew it, he was at the cafe, sitting with a cardboard cup of tea in his hand. He was sitting with Delia and Marcus, who were conversing with themselves.

"Delia, you know we really should be going somewhere else now, right? The Time Keepers are probably here right now." Damien said quietly.

"Time Keepers?" Delia responded, before taking a drink from her black coffee.

"Yeah, Time Keepers, the people we've been running from."

"Are these some kind of characters in your story or something?" Marcus asked.

"Story?" Damien asked, puzzled.

"The story you're writing. The one that you've been working on for about a month." Delia said.

"Story? What? I'm not a writer!" Damien said, getting up from his chair. "I'm a time traveller, you travel with me. We go to the past, the future, he helps us," Damien pointed to Marcus. "And I hate writing! I am not a writer! Never written a story, never going to!"

"Damien, I think you may need some more sleep." Marcus said.

"I don't need sleep!" Damien said. He pushed his tea off the side of the table. Damien fell back into his chair. He was stunned.

The cup was suspended in midair.

The stream of tea coming out of it was suspended too. Everything was frozen. Everything, but the clock. The one white clock on the wall, kept ticking. The ticking kept getting louder. And louder. And louder, and louder. Louder, louder, until it was unbearable. Damien clutched his hands over his ears, but no avail, the sound was just as loud.

"What the hell is this!?" Damien yelled, trying to overcome the sound of the ticking. "WHERE THE HELL AM I?!"

He could hear hysterical laughing coming from somewhere, but the ticking was confusing him; he couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from.

"...who the hell am I?" Damien said quietly. His eyes closed, contrary to him being awake. He was left only to hear the ticking and laughing, only until his mind let itself go, and lost control over everything. Images flew through his mind. Some too horrifying to fathom or describe. He tried his best to break away from this state of evil.

He succeeded. He woke up, only to see the moon shining outside of a window.

"What the hell just happened?" he said to himself. He was in a motel room. Now he was recollecting his thoughts. He had gotten a motel room after the escapade last night to rest.

"Good lord, let's hope that was a dream." he said to himself. "It was all too real. Marcus, the people..."

Damien paused. "...Delia. Someone is screwing with me."

Damien closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep. He hoped no more nightmares would enter his head.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!