Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Time Travel RP

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Time Travel RP

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Thu May 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Lucas let out a long drawn out sigh. The battle was won, but it was only a small one. For all they knew, those beasts may not have even been from the enemy, just some random creature. There was still an entire war to be won. He looked down at his own wound on his foot ankle, and began to wrap it in a peice of cloth he pulled from his pocket. "Kane, come on, we need to get you somewhere to heal up that hand of yours. We also need to find Nile. Lucas hobbled to the area just below Nile's blownout wall. "Nile? Please tell me you are not hurt."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Thu May 14, 2009 11:42 pm

The Eritris General Hospital brightly lit up the corner on which it was situated. Morotov appeared just next to its door. Glancing side to side to make sure no one was watching, he unhooked his holsters and extra ammunition and dropped them behind a nearby bush. He didn't want any unnecessary questions. He fondled his crystalline device, but placed it securely in his pocket, confident it wouldn't appear as any more than a mere trinket.

Morotov opened the doors and headed inside, his hand still covering his neck. He wandered weakly over to the reception counter. "I need... to see a doctor, please," he said.

The nurse's expression grew worried and she came around the desk to help Morotov to a seat. She handed him a box of Kleenex. "Keep pressure on that while I call the doctor." Morotov complied. She rounded the desk once more and picked up her phone. She mumbled into it, ending with the word "emergency."

A few moments later, the physician in his starched white coat came through the flapping double-doors at the other end of the room. He stepped briskly to Morotov's side and motioned for him to get up.

The operation was quick and relatively painless, and just as a precaution Morotov agreed to a few inoculations. He gave the receptionist his insurance information and made sure everything was in order before heading back outside. As he passed through the tiny lobby, he glanced at the digital clock on the wall. A little more than an hour had passed. Lucas and the others would hopefully be arriving soon.

Morotov retrieved his weapons and strapped them around his waist once more. He leaned up against the wall and waited.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Fri May 15, 2009 3:17 pm

"Lucas, my hand is just too painful, I have to go." Kane said and disappeared in blue mist. He appeared on the street near a hospital and walked into it, passing Morotov.

"Sorry can't talk now." Kane said, opening the door with his left, not burned, hand. He walked up to the receptionist and showed her his hand. She mumbled something about the new amount of people coming in, and then she paged the doctor. Kane held his burned hand, waiting patiently for the doctor. Aaaahhh! Who was that? What was that scream for? Kane was worried of what it could be. Hopefully not another creature. Aaahh! The receptionist went to see what was with the screaming. Kane remained sitting, until he heard another scream. Aaahhhh! This time though, it was a scream from the receptionist. Kane looked through the doors, only to see the receptionist being taunted by a shadowish creature. The creature jumped on her, its shadows enveloping her.

"And so it begins, just as Lucas said." Kane said to himself. "Morotov! Duty calls!"

He grabbed a leather glove from behind the receptionist desk and put it over his burnt hand. His hand could wait.
Writer, Musician, and Time Person Of The Year 2006.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Fri May 15, 2009 4:08 pm

Morotov nodded. "Take care of that hand." As Kane passed through the clinic doors, Morotov laid his head back against the building wall and closed his eyes. After all that had happened today, he was glad for the moment's peace, despite the lingering pain in his neck. He was just about to doze off when horrified screams rang out from within the hospital.

Oh, no. What is it this time? He dashed through the doors into the lobby just as Kane called his name. "Kane! Tell me you didn't bring this one here as well!"

Morotov pulled out each of his Lightning Hawks and fired a few rounds at this new entity, but the bullets simply passed through it and hit the floor. Morotov crinkled his brow, unsure what to make of this thing, and unsure how he was going to kill it. He couldn't even tell what it was: it was a shapeless, sizeless, roiling mass of... nothingness, it seemed. A living shadow. Morotov pointed his guns again, but didn't fire, knowing it was useless to waste the ammunition with precious few bullets left on his person.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun May 17, 2009 10:26 am

Kane was confused; how could you kill a shadow?

"You know, you can't have a shadow..." Kane began. "Without light." He swiped his sword upwards, hitting a light, causing it to spark and turn off. The shadow squealed and ear splitting scream, but it was definitely still there. Two small yellow glowing eyes emerged, lighting up a path in front of the shadow. The shadow seemed a bit mad now...

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 am

As Lucas waited for Nile to reply, he decided he would check up on Morotov and Kane. He could sense something was wrong. Using his mind he would stay connected with Kane's mind. "Kane..What's going on? Are you and Morotov healing well?" he asked him as he looked at his own wound, though it would heal quickly. Getting no response from Nile, he decided he would climb up to his room where he had left him.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm

It made sense now, though Morotov never would have thought of Kane's solution. Reaching out with his mind, he found the primary breaker board for the entire hospital. He needed to find the lobby... there it was. Two switches controlled every electrical device where he and Kane now stood. Morotov psychically flipped them all. As he brought his mind back to his body, everything became utterly dark. The creatures glowing eyes and the short spears of light shooting in through the front windows of the lobby were the only sources of illumination now.

Maybe now... Morotov fired another round. This time, it hit the shadow-thing, plowing through its now-physical body in a small explosion of a black jelly-like substance. It squealed again, and in response Morotov shot once more.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun May 17, 2009 3:32 pm

The two shots rang out through the entire hospital, buzzing from one hallway to the next. Kane turned around to see more pairs of glowing eyes.

"Uh, Morotov, we've attracted attention." Kane said and swung his sword at the shadows. Kane managed to get rid of the shadows, but two more appeared.

"Hey! What's going on here?!" Kane heard from the entrance. The hospital's doors were open, adding light from the street to the room. A policeman stood at the door.

"Get out of here!" Kane yelled, but it was too late. The shadows had fled to the light, jumping on the policeman.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 17, 2009 3:39 pm

"Shit! We have to get out of here." Morotov dodged to the side of a black tendril as it reached for him. "What the hell is going on, Kane? What are these things?"

He fired a couple more bullets. One of the shadow creatures exploded completely. "I hate to leave the people here behind, but we won't make it out alive if we fight."

Morotov looked back at Kane pleadingly.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun May 17, 2009 4:16 pm

"Ok you're right, let's get out of here!" Kane said, swatting away a shadow, but just then, the lights switched back on.

"Crap! Someone must've fixed it!" Kane said. The shadows all shook violently, then stood idle. A shadow the grew an indentation below its eyes, and then it grew into a mouth carrying a full set of sharp teeth. Then all the other shadows followed suit, then lunged toward the two of them.

"Run!" Kane yelled as he sprinted down the hallway.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Morotov holstered his guns and darted after Kane. He was a large and muscular man, but his specialization in his chosen Korean martial art had given him exceptionally powerful legs, and he could run fast for his size.

He swung around and backpedaled a few steps to check behind them, and the shadows were right on their tail. "Damnit. We need back up." He reached into his coat and brought out the Temporal Aperture. He grasped the nape of Kane's jacket and brought them both back to Muffle Thorn Row.

The rain was still coming down heavily here on the other end of town. As the pair materialized, Morotov collapsed to his knees and clutched his head. The crystalline device clattered across the wet asphalt in front of him. The pain throbbing inside his skull was intense. It had been building all day, ever since his trip back into 1979. Since his ability to travel through time relied on his telekinetic powers, the strain on his mind was incredible.

Through the haze of pain, Morotov stuttered, "I think... I know what is happening."

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun May 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Kane was pulled through time unexpectedly, making him dizzy and confused. As soon as they materialized, Kane immediately fell over.

"Morotov..." Kane said, his cheek on the cement of the sidewalk. "Warn me when you do that. And what exactly is happening?"
Everything seemed weird; he was dizzy. The sign with the street name was spinning in his vision, the lettering shifted and wiggled. Am I dyslexic now? Kane's mind adjusted from the shell shock of time jumps, and got up from the sidewalk. He took a look at the green sign saying "Muffle Thorn Row", and immediately gulped.

"Morotov," Kane began. "Do you know what an anagram is?"

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 17, 2009 8:25 pm

"If I had to guess," Morotov said, fumbling around on the ground for his device, "I would say that whoever is messing with the time line has created certain paradoxes... distorting space and time to create these... creatures. Whether purposely or not, I cannot tell."

He found the Aperture and stuffed it back into his inner coat pocket. He stood up on shaky legs, his head still pounding. He wouldn't be able to teleport, let alone travel to different eras, for at least a few hours.

He looked around the street, trying to locate Lucas or Nile. "Anagram? Of course. It's a rearrangement of letters... of one word to form another. But... I hardly think this is the time for games."

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun May 17, 2009 8:41 pm

"You're right, it isn't time for games, cause someone else can time travel." Kane said. "Muffle Thorn Row translates into," Kane stopped briefly, taking in a fearful gulp. "Run from the wolf. Someone knew about the wolves, and that someone can defitely time travel, I mean, the name can't be a coincidence!"

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sun May 17, 2009 8:59 pm

Lucas stepped down from the wall he was perched on. "Kane, how can you be so sure it's not a coincidence." Lucas said skeptically. "But then again it would make sense. Somebody could have established this street name in the past, to screw with us here in the future..knowing you would recognize it. I couldnt find Nile, He just disappeared..." He trailed off as he searched both of their minds to see why they had come back suddenly. Upon seeing the memories of the shadow creature, he took a step back. "You..you both saw it..You tried to fight it??"

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun May 17, 2009 9:15 pm

"What, fight what, what are you talking about?" Kane said with a stutter. He would rather not be sucked into another conspiracy theory by Lucas. "And are you sure Nile is gone? He could just be..." Kane paused. "Well I was going to say out with his friends but he doesn't seem like a social person...eh he'll show up."

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sun May 17, 2009 9:35 pm

"Don't play stupid with me, Mr. i have an IQ of 136. You know what i'm talking about. That shadow thing..I have seen it before. It will feed on the shadows of the people here. Eventually it will grow larger, and even more powerful..I have seen them devour entire cities..." Lucas said, as he remembered some of the chaos he had seen. "Listen. The two of you might not believe me when it comes to the end of the world..but you know that on your own your just as good as dead with all the stuff that's going on. If we stick together, we have a much better chance at survival, It's common knowledge, strength in numbers. Maybe we can figure out who is causing this mess..As for Nile, I hope he does show up. He is just a boy, but he would be a good asset." Lucas' voice went from being aggrivated to calm.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sun May 17, 2009 9:55 pm

[smiley has entrusted me with control of Nile. Let's hope it's not too late for him. Morotov's posts are probably going to be shorter now, since I have slight difficulty being creative with two characters in the same RP. If anyone else want so to control Nile as well, feel free. He's an NPC now.]

Morotov took a step towards Lucas. "You know of those things? They were tough, but once we found their weakness they were manageable."

It seemed Lucas had all the answers. Who was he? He had obviously seen far into the future. But what role did Morotov and Kane and Nile have in his world? "I think a more detailed explanation of what you know is in order," Morotov said. "And then we'll have to see about killing those monsters before they get out of hand."

Through a chain-link gate, Nile crept out onto the street. He had witnessed everything, and at first he had given in to his utter fright and tried to run away from it all, but after seeing Lucas and Kane and Morotov battle valiantly against all of the creatures, he had become inspired. Lucas said that he needed him, so Nile was going to play it out, at least a little while longer.

"I'm sorry I left, guys," Nile said sheepishly. "I want... I want to help."

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aryx Noi on Sun May 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Kane looked at his watch, trying to pass time during Lucas's speech.

"Lo!"

Kane looked around. Lo?

"Umm, guys, was that either of you?" Kane asked.

"Lo!"

Kane was suspicious of who would say lo, an old word referring to hark or attention. An object flew and landed at Kane's feet. The object looked like a very large metallic pill. Kane twisted the top of it, to which it released a smog like substance. The smog shifted around Kane's head, forcing him to breathe in. Upon inhaling the smog, he fell over, dropping the now empty object.

Aryx Noi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sun May 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Lucas was aggrivated even more, as Kane seemed to ignore every word.

"Lo!"

He watched as Kane opened the metallic pill, and covered his face with the hood of his cloak as the smog floated up, into the lungs of Kane. Lucas coughed loudly and spoke into the hood, his words slightly muffled. "Now does not seem like the time for explanations Morotov.." He said as he stepped away while pushing Nile, who had just arrived, away from the smog. "Who is there? Who has attacked us?!" Lucas shouted into the air, though he could see no sign of another persons presence.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!