Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Time to Travel

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Time to Travel

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:26 am

Hello all. I have an idea for a game, involving time travel.

The idea is basically that the characters have come from various points in time, and even different universes/dimensions for reasons they do not know. In a world of high magic and raw possibility gateways into other worlds have been opened and people, willingly or not have travelled through. Finding themselves in a new world they react in ways typical of themselves but eventually will find themselves inexorably drawn into a war, a clash of nation upon nation that spans an entire continent and many of the lands around it.

The game would start from the point where each person's character enters this world, and how they roleplay this is up to them. The main point of the game is to use old, favourite characters in the game, ones that perhaps would not match up to such a world for whatever reason, making it difficult for them to exist in it. This is up to the players, but I think with some work this idea could be useable.

What do you think?
When the end seem to justify the means, you've tried too hard to find an excuse. When 'by any means necessary' means 'violence may become necessary' you've lost sight of your goal. When people lay down and die rather than endure any more suffering, worry for the state of humanity. When people do not comment on how wrong this is, become angry at the world, because feeling that upset is too hard to bare. When people say 'you care too much' don't answer, because there is no such thing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Re: Time to Travel

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby truestory on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 am

I do believe this is an intriguing idea. Is there a deeper plot in mind or is this a kind of "fall as it may" story?
"My cat doesn't pay her taxes."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

truestory
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 am

I think it could be fleshed out into something interesting. The skeleton idea has some good ideas. If there's going to be a deeper plot like Truestory mentioned then I'd probably join.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:50 am

lolz. seems interesting. id like to join it. hopefully it doesnt fade quickly.
http://midnight-lotus.com needs you! Please, join our small community xx

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes, a deeper plot is necessary I'd say. If people would like to give ideas towards such a thing, I'm all ears and such advice is more than welcome.

Wakboth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Seems fun <3. Count me in, especially for the War storyline.
Hello. I am Destablization. If I posted in your Interest Check, please read the following.

I post using a phone. That means I can't do certain things.
I can't use the Roleplay Tab.
I can't use Chat.
I sometimes make small spelling mistakes.
-Roleplay Info-
I don't like being the center of a roleplay. I like being the side character. To me, they have true depth.
I don't mind dying in a roleplay.

That's all, and I hope we have fun together !

Destablization
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:20 pm

yeah ill join. could be fun. we have to be humans do we? lolz. itd be cool to be a kind of mutant freakish person.

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wakboth on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:53 pm

No they do not need to be human. There may be multiple races, maybe not. You could play such a thing, perhaps the war mutated them?

Wakboth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:54 pm

cool. i was gonna say, werent we trying to keep it realistic? lolz. never mind......ummmmmmm.....hmm. when you gonna get the ic up?

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby truestory on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:27 pm

When it comes to finding a deeper plot, I think the general setting and characters need to be set. After all, conflict is key to any story line.

truestory
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:50 pm

true. i agree with truestory. we should create our characters and then determine the plot.

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!