Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tokyo Ghoul Interest Check/Direction

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tokyo Ghoul Interest Check/Direction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Citadel on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:42 pm

So, I want to do a Tokyo Ghoul roleplay, but I'm having trouble with one aspect of it and I was wondering if anyone is A) Interested and doing one, and B) Willing to discuss what direction it should take.

See, I have the story all set up, at least most of it. The thing I can't decide on is if it should be a more open-world format (You could be a ghoul, dove, etc.) or if it should be more linear, where everyone is on the same side. For example, a group of Ghouls that hunts down groups and other Ghouls that threaten them and their friends. Also, often take odd jobs to continue existing and growing the reach of their organization. There are pros and cons of both routes. The former allows more expression and freedom on the part of the roleplayers, but we all know what happens to open-world rp's. The story becomes hard to follow and everyone just goes off and does their own thing more often than not. The latter is more streamlined and focused, but people often feel confined. Ideally, a combination of the two would be best, but after the first main action sequence, it seems like the roleplay stays in this purgatory of down time where everyone is posting about how awesome their coffee is.

You can probably see my conundrum here. So, any advice would be appreciated and if anyone is interested, let me know. Also, let me know which one you would rather do. Thanks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Citadel
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Tokyo Ghoul Interest Check/Direction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sordin on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Good day! Having recently finished both the manga and the anime this could not have come at a better time and I would certainly be interested in this rp. As to your issue I would say a more open world approach might be better, while it may loose focus I think more choice is a good thing and will create better interaction between characters.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sordin
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!