Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Forgiveness - Romantic Drama RP, One Role Open!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Forgiveness - Romantic Drama RP, One Role Open!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cl.love on Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:52 pm

Hi!

I've had this idea floating around for five years now, and I would really love to write it out. I've had my RP partner drop out on me twice now with this particular story, though, and it's been pretty disappointing ^^;

The story is about two childhood friends meeting again as high schoolers, years after one of the boys got run out of town for accidentally causing the death of a bully. He returns, having grown up in America (surrounded by American views/culture) and changed his name, and is reunited with his friend, who... hasn't changed at all.

I like the idea of a very strained romance- American romance is pretty forward, with declarations of love and physical affection and lots of PDA. I'm not an expert on Japanese culture, but I know that romance there is pretty different. PDA is not as common and saying "I love you" is a much bigger deal than it tends to me in the US. So a clash of cultures and the overall tension of one party believing he deserves to be bullied while the other protects him from it.

I also like the idea of there being an underlying side drama to it all. A love triangle, disapproving parents, the townspeople not liking that the new kid and his mom are suddenly buddy-buddy with the kid who's known for being "complicit in murder"- something like that to spur angst.

My vision of the characters is pretty specific and I understand if it puts people off that I have such cut-out roles for them already, but the way the story functions, it's just kinda hard to shove in a new role at this point. I would be down to discuss changes to the story, however. It's definitely an old one and could probably do well with a new perspective.

The RP and my current ideas (subject to change & improvement) are here!

If anyone is interested, either leave a post here or shoot me a PM! I have lots of free time and would really like to do an RP uwu

Thanks very much!
- cl.love
โ•ญโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฎ

Partner Search | Tumblr | ArchiveOfOurOwn
Discord

แ••( แ› )แ•—

My theme song is Iris by Goo Goo Dolls.

โ•ฐโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฏ

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cl.love
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Streamwatcher Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!