Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yo! :D

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Yo! :D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 am

Yo, y'all!

Just signed up. I was plotting, doing some research around the Weird West genre for an RP I was planning on unleashing on a writer's forum where I usually RP, when I came upon this place. Since we've gone to a bit of a standstill in RPs on said forum, and I wanted to get back on with 'em, and (in due time, though I'm still doing the plotting thingie on this one) throw up my own latest RP, I thought I'd take a look around here, see how things looked. And since this looks like a great place, I signed up! So...here I am! :mrgreen:

I can only say one thing about this place: It - is -huge! :shock: So I'll probably lurk around a bit before I join any RP's, just to get a feel of how it all works.

So...a bit about myself is in order, I guess.

The name's Henrik, and I'm a 22 year old student, living in Visby, on a small island called Gotland on the east coast of Sweden. I'm currently studying to become an archaeologist, and hopefully, if everything goes as planned, I'll dump this education I'm taking now next summer and apply for a program to become a marine archaeologist instead. Of course, I'm not exactly planning to dive for treasures in these freezing waters we have here in Sweden - oh, noes! I'm off to the Caribbean and South America for that! Pirate treasures, crashed alien spaceships, evil Temples of Doom, that sort of stuff. It would be suitable to compare my hope of future career with that of Dirk Pitt in the movie "Sahara". 8)

Oh, yes, I'm also a sucker when it comes to conspiracy theories. Not only the whole New World Order thingie, but also everything about aliens, UFO's, the paranormal, and yada yada. Bob Lazar of Area 51 fame was a childhood idol, and all that. :wink:

I'm also doing a little writing, though my stories never seem to end, mostly because I grow bored with them, or start another one without finishing them. So many parts of them some times find their ways into RPs, such as the characters. I think RPs are, actually, my nische, rather than writing stories in themselves. And, thus, of course, I'm a huge fan of RPs....though, I must admit, again, I've never played any RPs at a place this size before. :o

Well, that's all from me for now.
Take care, y'all, bye bye, then.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Yo! :D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:45 am

Hail and welcome to the gateway. I am the eternally bored Irish Wolf and I wish you much entertainment while your with us.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:58 am

Hey welcom to the sight and I hope you have a great time hear. ^_^
Schools back in, so I'm gonna take a bit longer then usual, sorry.
I'm sorry to everyone I've faild so far...Life is hetic lately...I'm so tierd anymore. Please don't be mad at me I'm sure I'll fix everything soon. If you want to yell at me feel free.

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kevah on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:08 pm

You seem like a very interesting person. :O

Welcome to RPGateway! :3

I might go into Forensic Anthropology, it's along the lines of Archaeology in a way.
I know all about starting stories, never finishing them. xD Happen to myself. I wrote fourteen pages in two weeks then got bored and stopped. It wasn't such a horrid story, I just didn't know where I was going with it, I guess.

Nische= Niche? :3

I just made a roleplay called Missing Memories, if you want to check it out here is the OOC and IC.
:D

OOC
IC

Kevah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm

Thanks, guys. I feel real welcome here already. And there's some great RP's to participate in. *Rubs hands together*

Hey, Kevah, Forensic Anthropology, that sounds like a tough one. Thing with archaeology is, its pretty basic so far. Anthropology sounds way above my IQ. :lol:

And I know how it is not to end stories. Meh... That's prolly why I started with RPs in the first place. And this is much more fun and easier than writing your own stories.

Yup, Niche was what I meant. Grmbl.... Me no like English... :mrgreen:

I'll check out the RP. If I can get a character together that fits in, maybe I'll join up.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:13 pm

Welcome to our forum! Have a fishy stick!
All right, all be going now. *heads off to hide some antimatter underneath the Vatican*

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kevah on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Hahh [:

I'm still young, sixteen years old, Just some wild dream I may live up to someday. <3
I'm taking Forensics now in HS, so hopefully it'll help to some extent. xD

This, yes, indeed, is more fun than writing your own stories. And if anything, You can make a story out of a roleplay if you want. :D

Thanks, let me know what you think of it. :3

Kevah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Thanks, Alchemist. I was actually having fish sticks for dinner today. The food of a real sailor man! (That or spineage). :mrgreen:

Man, and here I was going to lurk around 'afore I joined any RP. A few hours, and I've already joined one. There goes my self-control. :roll: Looks really cool, though, Kevah, so it was worth losing self-control over. :o

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kevah on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:00 pm

Lol I do the same, I'll make a roleplay then join five others. Or the other way around.
xD

Thank you. :D
<3

Kevah
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!