Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ríše: Within the Empire

Ríše: Within the Empire

a part of “Ríše: Within the Empire”, a fictional universe by Marinus.

An Empress wages wars against her neighbours for the sake of glory, noble Houses fight and bicker among themselves, Guilds and the military muddy the waters, all against the glittering backdrop of the Imperial Capital.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ríše: Within the Empire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ríše: Within the Empire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:38 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Ríše: Within the Empire"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marinus
Member for 15 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ríše: Within the Empire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:50 am

I hope you don't mind us adding other noble houses and factions than the one in the oppening story?

I will post my character when i get the time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:00 am

I will be posting my character to this very soon :)

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 pm

Glad to see we got some Interest!!

I don't see any problem in another house, could get pretty boring if every one was tied to the same family.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:23 am

Is there a race restriction?, Orcs are okay?, Because I'm Thinking of using a kantus priest based Char.
(In appearance of course.)
As a Priest for the shadowy New religion, in the descrip
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 pm

the idea of other species was never discussed... or if it was I missed it. Personally I would rather not see fantasy races, I for one would like to keep it more realism based in that sense, this has more of a 'historical fiction/alternate history" aspect than a "fantasy", things in the game world work just like they do in this world.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:17 pm

I don't think it ever was discussed; I think we just assumed that it was a more realistic style RP, so no orcs.

Tsoibe, as Chuckles said, diversity is good. More noble Houses, Guilds and other factions are warmly welcomed.

Marinus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:27 am

So I can't be a kantus priest? (Not an orc)
He can't pass as some-kind of missing link between humanity-animal?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/302 ... 80e008.jpg
(Kantus)

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 pm

sorry, unless you happen to find one chilling at the local starbucks then we'll have to go with no on that one.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DotCom on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:08 pm

I hadn't realized there was another OOC for this. Now I feel like a pest. Sadly, we'll all have to push through.

I'm going to re-ask my question:

Marinus: My character'll be fucking an NPC related to yours, ideally a brother or cousin. Do you have plans for any family members, before I create too much of a background?

Pardon my French. I'm ignoring subtlety for the day.
Life is extremely short, and you cannot dance to current affairs.

DotCom
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Not particularly. Chuckles and I have an NPC (the uncle of Larsus) who's an old Lieutenant Marshal and teaches at the Academy - Titus Montclair. Larsus would also have several cousins in the Dark Fleet, given their historical associations with it, and with yachting.

Feel free to come up with a Montclair NPC. It's a large House, so plenty of room for relatives :)

Marinus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 pm

So I suppose that I could create a character that is within the house of the Montclair's?? :)

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:12 am

Ah herro everyone. Marius foolishly agreed to allow me to join so now your all mine to toy with! Mine! Bahahahahaha!

I mean... Good to see some interesting characters and I look forward to RPing with you all!

Oh, and Aveline, read the post above yours, it answers your question.
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Welcome Tempest and Aveline.

We've got some very interesting characters already!

Looking forward to seeing what other's crop up from the great empire.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Yes, welcome to you both! You can indeed play another Montclair, Aveline - the more the better, really!

I think we shall be ready to at least make a start fairly soon. :)

Marinus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsoibe on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:15 pm

I have a concept ready. Just want to ask if it is okay to play an china-themed character. Basically a vassal of the empire.
From what you wrote about the history of the empire, it seems thad they expanded mostly military, so surrounding smaller nations may have surrendered to spare their people.
So is such a kind of character ok?

Tsoibe
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Marinus wrote:Yes, welcome to you both! You can indeed play another Montclair, Aveline - the more the better, really!

I think we shall be ready to at least make a start fairly soon. :)

Ok great :) Thank you. I shall submit my character soon.

Avey
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm

That would be fine. the expansion while seeming military was more of an absorbing of other nations than a full take over, some cities/nations willing joined, some submitted, some fought, and we even have one case of a petition to join. We've also assumed the possible existence of colonies, so your character could easily have come from a far off land. A racial rarity in the capital, especially if he was a free man, as most of the people from far off nations would only be in the capital due to slavery.

Chuckles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Ethereal on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Good day to all, I am not sure what the time is in your zone... So, I think that would be safe greeting. Anyway, I look forward in weaving a beautiful story with you all^^. I would like to say that I have edited my character's history a tad bit, so if interests you just take a look... In addition, this china-themed character which is not yours Tsoibe actually an NPC with that same theme... I inserted it in my history... If it is not applicable, I will be willing to edit.
"Let me sleep... For when I sleep..."
Image Image
"I will finally see you in my dreams..."

Lady Ethereal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Person of Interest Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marinus on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Oooh, lovely. We seem to be gathering a nice set of characters to play with, which is excellent. Anyone have any ideas/requests with regards to a starter?

Marinus
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!