Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy

a part of “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy”, a fictional universe by organizedchaos.

Welcome to the Duel Academy! Keep your deck handy because these students are always ready for a duel!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Duel Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby organizedchaos on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:34 pm

I would also like to point out, Tyler, that Brantley still has a couple monsters on the field, so it would be impossible for you to attack his life points directly.
"It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

organizedchaos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey if its possible have McCade tackle me
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Haha Jack your confusing me... it left off me attacking your lifepoints directly due to a cards effect. You have some facedowns so you either activate them or you can take the damage. After you do that I need to post again because I plan on doing something for my second main phase.
I have no beginning, I have no end...
So you're a circle?!

Brantley92
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:10 pm

okay i fixed it sorry about that lol

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby organizedchaos on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:12 pm

I agree. Jack, lately your posts have been bordering on the illogical. Could you maybe take the time to read the posts before yours?

organizedchaos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby organizedchaos on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Thank you for changing.

organizedchaos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:23 pm

yeah I'm sorry I've been skimming them and obviously thats not enough then last night i had a few drinks and tried posting and that didnt work

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

what did you think of my tournament Idea Chaos

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby organizedchaos on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:49 pm

I think you should elaborate. Post your fully thought-out, extensive plan for the tournament.

organizedchaos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:04 pm

okay here kind of a bit of story after we save duel academy and I get promoted to Ra yellow Chancellor Sheppard wants to show off our skills and increase publicity for the school so he hosts a tournament and bring in like a bunch of pros aka yugi, kaiba, joey, etc and its similar to the one in the tv show where you have to collect the medallions

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:11 pm

I just want to point out that you totally forgot to put in the SHOCK COLLARS! I mean come on we decided on it before and you just make something up anyway and we also decided that the Shadow Duelist were gonna be in another 'season', but it still turned out fine

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:34 pm

hey laser hat do you think of my tournament idea

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby organizedchaos on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:08 pm

I have two things to say.

Jackrules: I think the tournament idea would be good, but why don't we incorporate Lazer's Shadow Duelist idea into it? Why not host a tournament in which duelists from the outside are allowed to visit the school and compete? Yet not all of the visitors are what they seem. A group of visitors turn out to be Shadow Duelists bent on taking over.

Lazer: I forgot to include the shock collars, so blame me. I think it was wrong of you to jump to conclusions. I'm not going to reprimand you or make you apologize, but don't point the finger without knowing the facts.

But I have a second idea for the second season's plot, created by none-other-than RedRaine! *applause*

RedRaine suggests this:

Emily's father is a card developer for Industrial Illusions. Being the daughter of someone high up in the card creating business, people begin to question whether Emily's prowess as a duelist is actual skill or an unfairly strong deck. The rumors only get worse when her father sends her a briefcase containing prototype cards for her and all of her friends. Just before the heroes get to open the case and retrieve the cards within, however, the case is stolen by an in-school gang.

Emily is the only one who knows the combination to open the case, so she and her friends decide to retrieve it. An investigation that would make Sherlock Holmes proud ensues, leading to another epic series of duels.

My only suggestion to that awesome idea is that maybe we could combine the Shadow Duelist or tournament idea with this one.

An idea would be that the Shadow Duelists infiltrate Industrial Illusions and position themselves so that they are the ones to deliver the cards to Emily and the gang. They steal the cards, then lure the kids into a trap that is yet to be determined.

Another idea would be that the cards are given to the kids as a one-up for the tournament. Their peers begin to get jealous and eventually put together a group to steal the cards. Once the cards are stolen, like I said, an investigation ensues and the cards are eventually retrieved. But in the process of retrieval, the cards are used against the heroes in a duel, thus deepening the drama.

I don't know. I'm spitballing. Comments?

organizedchaos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:02 am

"ahem..In response to RedRaine's Idea all i have to say is.." jaw drops in aw. 'Starts clapping' "Bravo! Bravo! Encore!" Okay enough playing around. I don't like it, I LOVE IT. :) lol. 'smack himself' "stop it" We do the first idea where we could combine all the ideas into one big great season. Mystery, Tournaments, and Shadow Duelist, Oh my! 'smacks himself again' "No." okay here what I think should happen: Emily's Dad sends the prototype cards for us in the combonation berifcase, it gets stolen by gang of kids (Who happen to be under the mind control of the main villians), We go looking for clues when the tournament is convently held which sets us back. The shadow duelist arrive to collect the briefcase and kidnap Emily. Which brings us to New Dimino City to save her but she already escaped so we have to look for her and duel shadow duelists on the way. after finding her we go to the leader to get the breifcase to find that he managed to break it open, so someone has to beat him against our new cards. Or you now something along those lines anyway. P.s. I didn't blame anyone was just saying because i forgot just like everyone else.

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:17 am

I love that idea for season two all i favor

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:25 am

I remembered but thats why i did the lightning

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:11 am

Hehe I'm game for anything.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:57 am

Just to add a few notes:
1) I'm sure we're ignoring all those 'old school pro's' like kaiba, yugi, and the like. Sure we all want a chance to whoop them in the butt, but they're up on their pedestal for a reason. So it's much safer to not deal with them at all.
2) Not sure about the shadow duelist thing because of the whole trio already. We're already dealing with shadow duelists on the second day of class.
3) Loving the tourny idea but not sure about going to New Domino. Unless it's a field trip, there would be no way for the Chancellor to allow students to skip school, hijacking a boat or plane, to go to another city regardless of what happened.
4) I was kinda hoping for a slightly more schoolish light hearted storyline as most of season 1+2 was really light hearted and fun. I was thinking to have a rather short storyline so all the players can get their specially designed card without having to go through another 200 posts.

Just remember! With this card plotline, ALL ACTIVE ROLEPLAYERS get one free 'RP only' card!

Which means YOU design it. YOU make it's effect. And once you're done with this plotline you're free to use it any time in the future! BUT everyone here has to agree that it's a fair card.

So nothing like 'You attack with this you win". The stronger the ability = the higher the price paid when losing it. You wanna double a monster's attack power like powerbond? Lose half your lifepoints or if you don't win in that turn you take damage equal to what you gained in attack points. Want to gain 4000 LP? No. Too cheap.

Either way. If we decide to do all this, I'll make an OOC for 'RP only' card designs. But only once we all finish the trio. As they say, earn your fun. xD
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby organizedchaos on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:00 pm

I agree with RedRaine's above post.

We'd all like the opportunity to duel Yugi, Kaiba and Zane, but that's just not gonna happen. I understand that we'd all like the opportunity to place our characters on the same pedestal as them, but the fact of the matter is: They are professionals for a reason. It's not likely that a bunch of students would be able to defeat them, let alone win the tournament. And who wants to do a "season" in which all of our characters suffer embarrassing defeats? The fact that Jaden and Yugi are matched so evenly is totally overkill.

I don't think that New Domino City is a good idea, either. The field trip idea is smart, but I don't think the Chancellor would take the school on a field trip to the city just to let the gang retrieve their stolen property. It's honestly not that important to him.

Shadow Dueling is kinda cliched as far as Yu-Gi-Oh! goes. It's been in practically every season of every version; why not be original?

And I like a school-oriented RP, as well. This season went by way too quickly, in my opinion. In retrospect, we should've saved the Trio for the second season and did the 'Theft of the Cards' season third. The first season should've been about getting to know the school, the classes and each other.

organizedchaos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Ok so a lot going on here, heres waht I think:

I am against the field trip thing and the meeting Yugi, Kaiba, ect.

Making our own cards sounds fun and I really like the stolen cards and everything about "Theft of the Cards".

An in school tournament could be fun for a later near last plot to determine who the best in the school is.

That's all I have to say, I'm thinking second season can go through school, and as we go along the rumors start. Later on Emily gets the whatever in the mail from her dad and the rumors start to get really bad, bad enough for someone to steal. Seeing this the Heroes go off to fetch the cards back for Emily and for thanks and gratitude Emily gives them each one powerful card.

Just suggestions, and we don't have to go that fast we can start going slow in school.

Brantley92
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!