Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Future

Dragon Future

a part of “Dragon Future”, a fictional universe by Juvenile-River.

A young man finds himself in a future ruled by dragons.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Future”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dragon Future

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:16 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dragon Future"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Dragon Future

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:19 pm

It seems interesting, but what is the plot of the story?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:43 pm

I'll be back in a minute to clarify.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:45 pm

What if one of the wishes was the ability to comunicate with all life, or just with Dragons? Well one of the wishes anyways....
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:04 pm

What if somebody wants to be the dragon itself Lol? Wouldn't that be fun?
"A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
O.O

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 pm

silverclawedmouse wrote:It seems interesting, but what is the plot of the story?

In the context of my characters, this is the story:

My character Alex has somehow accidentally traveled from his time to one thousand plus years into the future, and he wants to find his way home. He thinks that if he can gather enough Dragon Dust, he can travel back to the past. Along the way, he becomes a Dragon Trainer, and helps people and slays dangerous dragons.

I have an idea for a villain and an anti-hero, but I'm afraid to take up too many roles, or people might have trouble finding a way to fit in the story. I think I'll have to go with the villain, as a way to give the heroes more of a role to play.

The villain will be a leader of a religious cult (now I'm religious myself, so don't think I'm making a statement) who thinks he knows of a way to save mankind from the dragons. But his actions will threaten the lives of many innocent people.

Now, there can be multiple groups with different goals (or individual characters within the group with individual goals), and I encourage this. Perhaps someone would like to play a character who's goals are in opposition to the main group?

THe Charecter wrote:What if one of the wishes was the ability to comunicate with all life, or just with Dragons? Well one of the wishes anyways....

This is a wish that could be granted, provided enough Dragon Dust had been gathered.

There's pretty much just two rules with Dragon Dust:
1. You can't wish for more Dragon Dust.
2. Different wishes require differing amounts of Dragon Dust, depending on the value of what is being wished for, and how much physical change in the world the wish would make.

Akantha wrote:What if somebody wants to be the dragon itself Lol? Wouldn't that be fun?

Can't really think of why somebody would want to do that.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I would totally want to be a dragon. Just remember that what you consider silly or stupid, other people may think is a really good idea and vice versa. And obviously Akantha likes the idea, or s/he wouldn't have suggested it. Some people make take your statement as an insult.

Also, thats great for your character, I really like it. But it doesn't help the rest of us. To me, the most logical story for us would be to help the kid out of the kindness of our hearts, or to help him and then steal his dragon dust.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:48 pm

silverclawedmouse wrote:I would totally want to be a dragon. Just remember that what you consider silly or stupid, other people may think is a really good idea and vice versa. And obviously Akantha likes the idea, or s/he wouldn't have suggested it. Some people make take your statement as an insult.

Didn't say I thought the idea was stupid. Just couldn't think of how it could work.

Well, if someone wants to try being a dragon, they can give it a shot. But playing as an animal can put some serious limitations on oneself.

silverclawedmouse wrote:Also, thats great for your character, I really like it. But it doesn't help the rest of us. To me, the most logical story for us would be to help the kid out of the kindness of our hearts, or to help him and then steal his dragon dust.

I was kind of hoping some people would invent characters with their own quests and goals to fulfill. I can think of a few spots that could be filled.

For one, Alex could really use a faithful companion, to introduce him to the world of dragons. In a way, Alex could actually be the one following him/her around, since they'd be the more knowledgeable and experienced.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Well, i am good then. My Charrie's dad was collecting so much Dragon Dust, to wish the world back to a point of glory and old. However, when he found out his son was born mute, he wished for him to be able to communicate with all (and as you can guess, the wish was much more literal then he realized). Later though he had to hide away with all his work and collection, and that is my charries goal. To find his father.... :d

Also, it would be pretty interesting to see some dragon talk, not to mention i would be able to talk to them...

But yeah, pretty much all the magic for my cahrrie will be nature based too since he can communicate with nature and all forms of life. Including his dog Riply, who because he can talk to him, he has become one of his best friends. And he can ride on his Dragon with him, which i have named Noble prieten (Nob-le Pre-te). Im making a Charrie now so you know

Just a heads up ^.^

WAIT! Where are the species aproved? Could i call mine Foc aerisire?

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:03 pm

THe Charecter wrote:Well, i am good then. My Charrie's dad was collecting so much Dragon Dust, to wish the world back to a point of glory and old. However, when he found out his son was born mute, he wished for him to be able to communicate with all (and as you can guess, the wish was much more literal then he realized). Later though he had to hide away with all his work and collection, and that is my charries goal. To find his father.... :d

Also, it would be pretty interesting to see some dragon talk, not to mention i would be able to talk to them...

But yeah, pretty much all the magic for my cahrrie will be nature based too since he can communicate with nature and all forms of life. Including his dog Riply, who because he can talk to him, he has become one of his best friends. And he can ride on his Dragon with him, which i have named Noble prieten (Nob-le Pre-te). Im making a Charrie now so you know

Just a heads up ^.^

Cool. Looking forward to reviewing it.

Foc Aerisire? Sure. You can name him whatever you want (so long as it's not offensive).

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Juvenile-River wrote:
THe Charecter wrote:Well, i am good then. My Charrie's dad was collecting so much Dragon Dust, to wish the world back to a point of glory and old. However, when he found out his son was born mute, he wished for him to be able to communicate with all (and as you can guess, the wish was much more literal then he realized). Later though he had to hide away with all his work and collection, and that is my charries goal. To find his father.... :d

Just a heads up ^.^

Foc Aerisire? Sure. You can name him whatever you want (so long as it's not offensive).

Its not, Its Romanian for Fire Breather to be honest xD, abd Noble Prieten is "Noble Friend"

Translations rule!

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:46 pm

THe Charecter wrote:
Juvenile-River wrote:

Just a heads up ^.^

Its not, Its Romanian for Fire Breather to be honest xD, abd Noble Prieten is "Noble Friend"

Translations rule!

Hmm... That's interesting. And here I thought they were just made up. :)

I've updated my character, and added another. Now I've got to work on a profile for a dragon species.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IronPhoenix on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Could you give us an example on how to apply for a dragon species? That would be great, thanks.

IronPhoenix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm

IronPhoenix wrote:Could you give us an example on how to apply for a dragon species? That would be great, thanks.

Working on it. One example should be done in a few minutes.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Hope ya dont mind, but my dragons sheet thingy is also with my charrie sheet thingy xD

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:27 pm

THe Charecter wrote:Hope ya dont mind, but my dragons sheet thingy is also with my charrie sheet thingy xD

That's fine if you're writing about this dragon's name and individual characteristics, but if you're going to suggest a new species of dragon, I would like it separate please.

I just finished a profile for the Slate dragon species. Now, dragons may have more elemental attacks than just one, but since the Slate dragons were so physically strong, I limited them to only fire.

EDIT: You almost done? Take your time, of course, but I just thought I'd make sure you haven't already tried to submit it, because I don't have any profiles waiting for approval yet.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 pm

I hate double-posting, but I'll do it anyway.

I've edited the locations to give the setting more detail. If anyone wants to add any new sites, I'll gladly take suggestions. I have trouble thinking of names, sometimes.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Sorry, but im also playing a game online. So its taking some time. But im getting there. Is there a charrie sheet then, just askin...

EDIT: Here it is then

Name: Foc Aerisire
Type: Foc Aerisire, These Dragons are both good on land and fairly good at sea, but their major power comes from the air and nature. Their wings do not need to dry as fast, and they are pretty fast on the ground, but it does not compare to their speed in the air. These dragons are usually connected to the elements in some way, and therefore, are usually tamed by nature users. But others have tamed them.
Appearance:Usually a bright color, with bright streaks, and a fairly large wingspan that folds up right next to them as well. Also they have a longish tail.
Attacks: As a dragon in sync with the elements, they have all sorts of elemental attacks. However, being very close with nature, they are affected by fire more then anything else. They also have great natural muscles. But most of them are in the seemingly thin wings, which hold tremendous strength. Their Claws are also very sharp.
Weaknesses: (Rate the dragon's resistance to certain elemental attacks. One star (*) is very resistant, five stars (*****) indicate extreme weakness.)
Fire: ****
Ice: ***
Static: **
Water: *
Wind: *
Earth: *
Nature: *
Light: *
Silver: ***
Poison: **
Gravity: *
Sound: *
Other: As baby's, they actually have increased density of skin, that prevent silver (steel) from penetrating it. This also protects more against other attacks. But as it is one with nature, it will not take much if any damage from nature like attacks, but fire and ice have always affected them more then the others. Once they age a little, they have the regular density. Also as they die, if they have lived long enough, they start becoming Dragon Dust early, and slowly fade into dust. It is rather sad to watch.....
Last edited by Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

THe Charecter wrote:Sorry, but im also playing a game online. So its taking some time. But im getting there. Is there a charrie sheet then, just askin...

You mean like a format for what character profiles should look like? No, I'd be satisfied as long as all of the important stuff is covered. I don't even consider filling out the personality box to be a necessity, as a character's personality will show in the RP.

I do now have a character pending from a HouseBunny, though. Let's see about this one...

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

There, all posted in :D

now to complete my cahrrie

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!