Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Chronicles of Kizara

The Chronicles of Kizara

a part of “The Chronicles of Kizara”, a fictional universe by XianEvermor.

The schism that divided the people is coming to a head. Full scale war between the Imperium and the Exiles is on the horizon, as well as the prophetical "end of days." With the universe hurtling towards disaster, what will you do?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chronicles of Kizara”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Chronicles of Kizara

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Wed May 25, 2011 2:36 am

"The Chronicles of Kizara"
RULES: I know there are a lot, but please read them, they are meant for MY sanity :P

1. All the usual crap: forum rules and whatnot.
2. The OOC tab exists for a reason: if you can't find a way to integrate your note or explanation into your IC, then it belongs in the OOC tab. I check it regularly so there's no reason for you to include them in your IC posts. It bears repeating: There is to be no OOC in the IC tab.

3. Minimum Post Length: I'm a lengthy poster (800 - 1600 words on average). Short posts happen, so I'm not imposing a strict minimum post length, but if you can't average 300 words I might start to get irritated. If that sounds imposing, keep in mind that the average paragraph has more than 100 words in it. There are 64 words in this rule.

4. Word processors have tools like spell-check, and grammar-check, please use them :)
5. Sense of humor: If you couldn’t tell, there is quite a bit of satirical content in this story-verse. It is meant to be clever and funny, even though it is sometimes crude. If you can’t handle that, or are easily offended, this may not be the best place for you.

6. Character creation: You cannot be a First. You can choose one of the listed households, come up with your own, or choose to be mundane. Powers are hereditary, so everyone in a given household has the same powers more or less, with variations in specialization and strength. For simplicity's sake, everyone can either be either Kizaran, or a ship's cat. Keep in mind that if you are the ship's cat, you are someone’s property.

Kizarans as a whole have access to phenomenal techniques, dazzling magic and amazing powers. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of branch-families and other noteworthy households beyond the ones I have listed, and they all have their own powers, techniques, abilities, or magic. Such that if you choose to create your own household with its own history, and your own powers that you imagined, it’s likely that I will allow it (still run it by me first).

With that in mind, please use common sense: you are able to create a character that is phenomenally powerful, and I’m pretty lenient on how those powers are used. These characters would be considered Gods in other settings. Do not abuse this privilege. I intend to run this like I would one of my Shadowrun games. That means that whatever you decide to do, and however you decide to use those powers, this world does not change. You are not immune to physics. Energy comes from somewhere. If you make enemies, they will come after you. All of your actions will have consequences, some of which may not be readily apparent. They may affect you in the future, or affect the future of someone else’s character. Just because you can use your powers onboard that starship, doesn’t mean it’s the brightest plan.

There are aliens, angels, demons, vampires, dragons, and other races in this universe, but I prefer that everyone choose from the humanoid races of Kizara, or a ship's cat. That being said: I do not wish to stifle creativity, so if a strong enough character is made for one of these groups, or a race or alien of your own design, I will consider it. If you are thinking about creating a character of an alien race, consider that in this timeline, space travel technology within the Imperium is not yet advanced enough to reach the closest neighboring solar system.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Re: [OOC] The Chronicles of Kizara

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Wed May 25, 2011 8:39 am

This sounds interesting, I 'll make a character later :D

EDIT: Character made, consider it a 'rough draft' for now. I will edit when I have a better idea of what you would like to see there.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Wed May 25, 2011 5:35 pm

Okay I've come up with a general character skeleton. I don't want to pigeonhole people in a certain direction but there is specific information I would like to see. A description of your character, and their personality and stuff is also nice but the stuff below is what I really want to see. Well written characters receive cookies :)

At the very least:
Name and House

If your House isn't listed in the intro, a House history so I can add it to the front page

Loyalties, if any and whether you live in the Imperium or with the Exiles

Any powers or abilities. (I like details here :D)

Noteworthy equipment or devices: Like, whether or not you own an HEV, firearm, ship, or any other science-fictiony device you can think of.

If you decide you own a ship
Ship Name

Size (fighter craft 1, gunship 3, transport / armed transport 4, industrial 4, freighter 12, destroyer 20, cruiser 35, Black Ship 8, frigate 50) listed smallest to largest along with their average crew compliment. Crew sizes vary depending on the level of AI automation and number of Ship's Cats on board. Frigate class would be about the size of the Normandy SR-2 from Mass Effect 2. Anything larger than a frigate is considered for military use only. Black Ships are Exile vessels, and are the smallest ship capable of space-folding. Crew complement is deceiving, Black Ships are considered Frigate Class.

Armament

Whether or not it's registered with the Imperium

Short description or picture

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Updated my characters profile to include what you have listed above. If you need me to tweak I will.

AshFisher
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Just waiting for a few more applicants. I have read over your character and it meets the minimum criteria. I'll start handing out approvals when some more applications come in, and when we have 3 or 4 I'll start the IC.

-X

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AshFisher on Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 pm

post it in the roleplayers wanted forum, that helps :D

AshFisher
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Fri May 27, 2011 1:51 am

Good point... lol. I'll get one up soon and hopefully get some more bodies in here. I'm actually excited to start :D

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Fri May 27, 2011 10:33 pm

No replies yet sadly. Going to bump the RPers wanted thread tomorrow morning with some more information and hopefully dredge up some interest. This is depressing, my RP isn't even going to get off the ground lol. Maybe I'll shamelessly plug my own RP in the other RPs i'm playing in too :P If we can get one or two more good writers we should be able to at least get rolling.

BTW, I have approved your character.

-X

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 am

I have bumped the RPers wanted thread. There are 2 potential players, 1 that is building a character now.

I have also updated the rules section with some of the more frequently asked questions I've been receiving, as well as adding some information on the different classes of starship under the Space Travel section.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kipperk on Tue May 31, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Xian, this looks very interesting (and well put together!). I'll submit a character for approval shortly.

Thanks,
kipperk

kipperk
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KrazyTigger on Tue May 31, 2011 2:52 pm

I love the look of this roleplay. I'll be submitting a character at some point this evening. :)

KrazyTigger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kipperk on Tue May 31, 2011 10:56 pm

Xian - I submitted a character outline for approval. Didn't have time to flesh it out tonight and will do so tomorrow. Thanks.

kipperk
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 pm

NP kipp, I probably won't have time to go over it tonight anyway. I'm going to update the front page with some more info on space travel that I just remembered would be relevant :) Not feeling so hot on account of a wicked case of insomnia (stayed up until 9am and beat Ghostbusters on PS3 in one sitting >.>) So I'm gonna hit the sack at a respectable hour today and will try and get to it tomorrow sometime after you're done with it.

PS: I have added the section "Finding Each Other in Space" to the front page. Be sure to check it out when you have a chance.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kipperk on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Cool, read the new section - all looks good.

Can I re-edit once my char is approved, or should I just submit a more detailed one instead?

kipperk
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:23 pm

I'd prefer that you submit some more details before I hand out an approval. Since your account is essentially brand new, there's no previous example of your writing for me to look through, and with such a bare character sheet, there isn't much for me to go on. I'll be putting up a sheet for one of the characters the group will run into for people to use as an example.

For the rest of you who are coming up with character sheets, I will look through other things you have written before I approve you, just so you're not surprised. This is intended to be an advanced RP. Ash is not an advanced writer, but I approved him anyway because I was desperate for someone to join. This is the first time in the 15 years I've been writing stories in Kizara that I've let complete strangers into it, so you'll have to be a little patient with me.

I apologize if that sounds snippy, I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings but I do want to have an idea of what you're capable of doing before I will approve you. Nobody cares about this story more than I do, and I'm trying really hard not to let that interfere with people joining but as it stands, it's just not enough.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:52 am

Once kipp submits the revisions to his character sheet we'll have enough characters to make a start. First few posts will be on the house Daine battleship "Grudge Bearer" as noted in Rhea's bio. That'll give people who decide they don't have business on that boat, or haven't finished their characters yet a little time to settle in. Hopefully we can get started in the next couple of days :)

-X

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KrazyTigger on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:20 am

I am getting there with my character, but just recently I have no motivation. XD

KrazyTigger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:06 pm

No problem, Tigg. I believe I have played with you before, and I've already browsed through some of your writing. You are basically already approved. :)

EDIT: I've added a "Deep Thoughts" section. Once a week or so, depending on how quickly the RP is moving, I plan to summarize the events that have transpired in Orion's journal. Basically it'll be like a little news bulletin you can check to get an idea of what's been happening in Kizara without having to go back and read every single post. More for people who join after the RP starts, or if someone has to be away for a little while, but may also be a handy quick reference for the major events that have transpired.

Also, still waiting on one more character before I feel comfortable starting. I've sent some PMs to people I've played with in the past, so hopefully they will be interested and join later :)

-X

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KrazyTigger on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 am

Submitted :D I thought I recognised your name! :)

KrazyTigger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Approved!

@Kipp, waiting on revisions for your char if you're still interested.

There are a couple others whom I've sent PMs to who should hopefully be joining too, but as promised, there are enough approved characters for me to start. My opening post should be up later today.

... yay! :3

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!