Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Brothers Wood

The Brothers Wood

a part of “The Brothers Wood”, a fictional universe by Meesha.

Gothic fantasy with a thrill- Fed up with monsters being made into idols for fantasising teens? This roleplay just might be for you - ONHOLD-

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Brothers Wood”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Brothers Wood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:06 am

Good good thats what i liked to here ^^

Sooo...wait for Silver and Falcon to come online..oh silver is online well..y'know. Need to pm the fourth girl (fly wont be online till im asleep) and then we can er...start posting.

Am i doing the honors??

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:11 am

Of course you're doing honors, Ms GM! And I seriously got on, like, seven minutes ago >> Falcon doesnt wake up for another hour or so, on a good day, just to warn you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:14 am

Haha okay..probably take me at least 2 hours to post with this baby hanging off me like a friggin chimp! (¬¬ ugh babies) Then i shall grace you all with THE FIRST POST :O

And i guess i should say good morning. How about you go get a drink...maybe some toast :3

Meesha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:22 am

Maybe some steak, pancakes, sausage patties and maple syrup. The sort of weird thing you 'mericans like for brekkie. ;)

(I swear in Canada I tried to explain that I wanted my pancakes and sausage kept seperate so I could have ketchup on the sausages and syrup on the pancakes...they just couldn't compute what I was asking.)

Tonight for supper I'm having cheddar cheese that was actually matured in the caves at Cheddar gorge! :-] Along with crackers from Cheddar, and traditional Cheddar chutney. I was in Cheddar yesterday you know.

Oh boy I'm tired....nine minutes of work to go.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 am

Weirdos :D (aimed at americans and Oli)

Im having things on a stick, (cant think of the name) with colesaw, cuscus and...i dont know what else i just know im hungry!! >:£

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:40 am

I'm actually vegetarian, so its good ole' milk and cereal for me. Plus, I have a stomach size that could be compared to a hamster's and possibly win on tininess. So no pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. I feel fat just thinking out it.

Meesha, I had a question about the house. You mentioned in the intro that it was never finished. Does that mean there are doors/windows missing? No plumbing? No electricity? What can we expect?

I also asked this earlier, but I don't remember getting a response. Are these full moon werewolves, or willpower/emotional werewolves?

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falconpaaawnch on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:47 am

-glares at Silver- I'm pretty sure I woke up fourty minutes ago, I just like waking up slowly.

So funny thing! All the foods you described for breakfast (other than steak, but steak is a dinner food), I absolutely despise. I'm also a fairly picky eating American, I'm pretty sure Silver will testify to. :( I would've picked bacon over sausage. Though I was starving last night before sleeping, and thought of making myself a breakfast sandwich (egg, ham, and bacon ♥). Silver will also testify to my stomach being smaller than her supposed hamster. I absolutely hate American servings. I'll eat a 1/4th of it; 1/2 on a good day.

Unfortunately, I wont be on much longer since I have to get ready and spend time with the boyfriend.

Mainly to Silver: We're coming over and spending the night. Boys are playing LoL and we're sewing. >8| I'll be watching you. Also, I left my starbucks coldcup at your house. 8( Please don't throw it away. End transmission.

edit
And cheddar cheese is disgusting. D8;

falconpaaawnch
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

Ew-kay. Fussy eating americans...you do not live up to your sterotypes ^^

Yes about the question that i forgot to answer- not full moon wolves, just sheer them turning when and where ever they like- which is what makes them so DANGEROUS O>O!!!

As for the house- Lets look at the possible combos:

No central heating. So...COLD SHOWERS!
No electricity. So Takeaways and no lights!
No security? ie no locks on the doors?
Other things that could be missing..suggestions?? Of course we dont have to have all the above that'd be pretty rough!

What it will have:

Plumbing definitely.

Top floor.

There are three bedrooms, one with a double bed, the other two with singles. (all beds are ready made) They all contain a wardrobe and wooden chest, side tables and lamps. None of the bedrooms have main lights.
Landing has a main light and a rug on the floor.
1 family Bathroom containing bath, shower and toilet+ sink and two small cupboards above and below the sink.

Ground floor.

Open plan, with kitchen, lounge, diner and utility room.

Lounge: Theres two sofas, coffee table, rug on the floor, light inserts in the ceiling.
Kitchen: Kitchens all kitted out but not in use- Has a pack of silver wear in a drawer and a matching cultery set in a cupboard- small island seperating it from Lounge.
Diner: Dining room table, chairs, cabinet, rug.
Utility room: Washing machine, dirty boots left by the builders..few cupboards.

Obviously you can add your own touches if you like- there will be sawdust lingering about. Just remember it wasn't entirely finished. All floors are wooden, all walls are wooden..guess what...the house is wooden.
I slung up an image right at the very beginning of the OOC but that was for a rough idea...

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:33 pm

I like the idea of no electricity or heating. I don't know much about building houses, but I think those would be some of the last additions? Which would make the lamps useless XD But no electricity also means to fridge/washing machine. Also means that they wouldn't be able to charge laptops and cell phones. What if they bring a generator for a mini fridge/personal electronics and do their laundry in town or in the river?

This is just my opinion, but I was thinking that the sofas/beds/table be the barest minimum. Since the house wasn't technically finished, why would there be furniture? Instead, its stuff that the builders themselves left and the actual owner of the property never bothered to remove it.

Also, spider webs, and perhaps a raccoon. Those are my personal touches.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:42 pm

It's plausible that a new build would have a water supply running up to it, but no full plumbing. Maybe just a simple kitchen tap. No electrics is entirely believeable.

Cell phones could be charged from the car battery (they have a car right?) using an appropriate charger, or maybe one of the more resourceful ones has one of those fancy solar-batter gadget things. Wind-up torches perhaps, even a wind-up radio. No central heating = extremely likely, for heat perhaps just an open log-burning stove.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Seems fair...a for plumbing i was just thinking..the toilet..must work!! And they have to have running water from somewhere...haha cant wait for the girls to enter their lovely new home :D
I put i some furniture because it was meant to be a show home but i guess we can drag it to bare minimum and they can purchase a few things from town anyway. Plus im sure the 'police man' will be willing to help them gather a few bits, its the kind of town that may habour a charity group who want to give a few things to the girls to help them out as well as hiss a few tales about the woods :P

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 pm

So I'm not feeling as shy anymore, thanks to Meesha's pm. My character can live without electricity since she packed some batteries for her small tape recorder.

I'm guessing the water source came from the stream or river since the house is pretty much in the middle of the forest.

The question is when will the girls start getting signals that they are not alone in the forest?

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm just imagining Arya cleaning the entire house, with the other girls on the porch eating popsicles. She wouldn't let them in in case they cleaned wrong >>

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Tell you what, make things easier let's say the house has full plumbing for simplicity's sake, but no central heating so, yeah, cold showers and baths.

And just to warn all, I'm laying in bed at severe risk of falling asleep any second....I was hoping to post tonight but we'll see how it goes...

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby psyduck on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Wow. This is very thought out and well planned. I love it! Your all are so imaginative o_O !

I too was wondering when the rough, tough, mean scary boys come into play! I am very anxious to start posting. :D <- Excited face!
And they boys just sorta stay in a den/cave place right? Are we privileged to have a worn, thrown out couch or two?
Also; Do the boys ever come out of the woods?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions!
With every breath that I am worth,
Here on
Earth.
I'm sending all my love to you.
So if you
dare to second guess,
You can rest
assured,
That all my love's for you.
-Last Night on Eath by Green Day.

psyduck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:13 pm

>> stay awake bitch.

i joke :P...(you know im not joking)

Yes okay plumbing...no heating or electricity. S'all cool. Haha i always imagined Arya to be a motherly-ish character :D Plus i love popsicles *goes down stairs to get one*

As for when the girls start getting signals they're not alone. Of course not instantly. I reckon...They get to the house. Sleep a bit, explore the town alittle. Come night time they'll be alittle more anxious as its dark, no lights, its different from home etc...

At the same time when the girls arrive, could alert one of the guys? he checks it out from afar. tells the others, they linger about when night time comes to check out the car and whats going on etc.

Perhaps the next day guys could be preping themselves up and discussing what it means for them having the house occupied but girls.
Girls will discuss weird feeling maybe? Maybe keep it to themselves until later. Do what college girls do.

Theres loads of possibilities for when the boys could introduce themselves..do they do it one by one, as a group, do it to one girl who brings them back or do they approach the house in the first place?
Do the girls know about the local rumours before they approach or after? Endless...list of things. The girls wont know somethings up till alot later- it'll be long after meeting the boys and perhaps getting friendly.
Might be something one of the boys say...might be them getting pushy...might be something in particular that a townie says...or what the policeman says after hearing something himself from the townies...endless choices!

EDIT:

Well the boys just..kinda sleep out on the floor in the open but i guess they could have a rugged old couch or so dumped once long ago. They probably sleep in a dense area where the rain doesnt reach so much- Probably sleep as both wolf and human on and off?

The girls post first then the guys can post what they're up to...so you get a point of view from both sides.

Do the boys ever come out of the woods...not into the town. People would instantly recognise them as outsiders, they're already suspicious of the woods and the older generation (the chief of police generation of men) would recognise the boys as what they saw that one time so best not to venture out. They do skim the boarders though...
In the Rp they could venture out to get something they feel they really need? Best to leave that idea till later :3

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:29 pm

I feel like they should check it out together, once they discuss things. Also, I can't imagine them not approaching the house and just walking in. As you said in the intro Meesha, they know about right and wrong, but it doesn't apply to them. Of course, we could plan this wonderful way for things to plan out, but the characters could take it in a different direction completely.

Arya probably would be the motherly one, but it won't be "Oh no, you scratched your knee while climbing trees. Here, let me kiss it and get a band-aid", it'll be more like "That sucks. Go wash it off and stop crying"

I totally want her to hit one of the boys with a frying pan though.

Also, Falcon mentioned it to me, but Arya's the only one over 18. That means shes probably the only one able to drive (if its a rental car) and the house would be under her name or the schools. She will also probably have to handle anything legal that comes up. I also think that, in cases of accidents and trouble, Arya would be the temporary 'legal guardian' for the other girls. I'm basing this off of American-knowledge-stuff, so if its different there, just chuck everything I said out the window. Actually, tell me first, then chuck.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:39 pm

I just have to clear this, why are the girls in the woods in the first place? If I'm correct, weren't they in there because of school work? If not, then what?
Vacation perhaps?

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Haha lovechanning we totally discussed this earlier...what was the verdict again- they're in falcon grave for a college/uni (depending whether you're looking at it from an american or english view) assignment. I think we agreed it was for criminology but i reckon they could all be taking a journalism course too together. Basically their assignment is to research and invesitage past abductions and murders in a certain place. The girls wanted somewhere not obvious but not totally off the map and they decided they'd do their assignment in falcon grave.

The college/uni then organised for the girls to stay in the only uninhabited place in the town which was the house thats partially finished built 15-20 minutes into the woods (if walking)
They're looking on it as a vacation in some senses because they're all together without any 'adults' but it's an assignment. Their main aim is to research into the abductions and murders of the young girls and hikers in the woods.

Does that help...

Meesha
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Yeah Arya would be the responsible adult unless you want one of the other girls to boost up their age? (including me?) She'd be the one driving and all the legal bits and bobs would be directed at her but the girls should come across as reasonably mature so they can help with some areas. We wont go into too much detail with all the legal areas of being there...if thats alright and easier.

But yes Arya would be the responsible adult/ guardian on scene but the college/school/uni (whatever) are responsible for all the girls overall- so they'd have a college/etc number with them if any problems came up so that the college/etc could solve it for them.

Sound good?

NOW- im going to try and write the post!! I'll have two windows open one for the ooc and one for posting so i'll still talk on here :P

OHHH! And Ayra doesnt have to be the driver- in england you can pass your test at 17 so anyone could have a car and be driving?? Its up to you?
Last edited by Meesha on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meesha
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!