Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Embrace the Silence

Embrace the Silence - ooc

a part of “Embrace the Silence”, a fictional universe by DumbDora.

It's 2035. Twenty years ago, earth went under a dry spell, wiping out the majority of the population. You are a survivor, and on the road with a few others to find the legendary oasis. There will be danger and your survival skills will be tested.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Embrace the Silence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Embrace the Silence - ooc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm

This is the OOC topic for the roleplay "Embrace the Silence"

“I have heard the languages of apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.”
― Neil Gaiman

ImageImage

CHAT - Also use this to work on collaborative posts.

It's 2035. Twenty years ago, earth went under a catastrophic dry spell produced by frequent and powerful solar blasts from the sun. Due to the solar waves, electricity went into a surge overdrive and power throughout the entire world went out. Humanity panicked for they were not ready for this change. Half the population were able to find refuge underground, hidden away from the scorching world above, but even then, the majority of the refugies died from diseases and lack of medical care. A year underground proved to be even more dangerous than the rays above, but eventually, as earth cooled once more, people have begun to rise above, only 100,000 of the population remained, all scattered throughout the dry lands. Some in groups, others solo, while some had decided to stay in their home-towns and try surviving with little resource.

Traveling during daylight hours proved to be dangerous if you're not covered, there was little UV protection left in the skies above, the smart ones traveled at night. But again, wild animals that have survived, prowl for prey, not to mention bandits and people who've resorted to doing everything possible for just a bite of flesh, maybe even your flesh.

20 years after the apocalypse, there is word of an oasis where the Great Lakes used to reside, and word traveled across Northern America, drawing those who are not afraid to travel. Here we have a small group taking hike towards the Great Lakes with the same goal of surviving, their travels begin right outside New York- the deeper out of the city, the more danger.

The character sheet code is in the Roleplay Tab.
Last edited by DumbDora on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Embrace the Silence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:03 pm

May I reserve two spots? They'll be twin orphans, two boys. ^^ They'll also be teenagers.
~ The North Remembers ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Embrace the Silence

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:08 pm

No reservation, just try outs, there is no number of spots, I'll just decide if I'm done collecting yet or not.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Embrace the Silence - ooc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Count me in Giddy. <3

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Yaycicle. :D

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:34 pm

I'll be trying out as well :].

Madmoiselle
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Try to finish them ASAP, thanks :)

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby oetunianne on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:22 pm

I,ll definutly join looks epic
ice caster

oetunianne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm writing up a character, as this really caught my eye. I hope you like her :)
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Can't wait to see them all!
I still need to get done with both of mine

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Just letting you know August, do not separate the sheet in the provided windows. Copy all of it into Description, it will be better what with the codes connected to it.

EDIT:
And the picture doesn't work

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 pm

Ah! Sorry, this is my first time making a character here. Not new to RP, just new to the site.

Edit: There, I think I fixed it up pretty well.

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 pm

I admit, your writing is great!
Glad to have you on this site, stay close to me, I tend to go crazy with RP ideas :D

And Cora is great! You're accepted! :D

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Awesome! Thank you :) Looking forward to this. I've been RPing Star Wars for way too long. Looking forward to diving into something completely different.

AugustArria
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Glad you chose this :D

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:29 pm

I'm sorry, but with finals only a week away, I just don't have time for another roleplay. I really wanted to join this one too, so I'm sorry I put you through all this trouble.

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:34 pm

No problem :)

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airanea on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:45 pm

When do you plan on having this started?

Airanea
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm waiting up on one more character still finishing up, and I'll probably accept one more. Then, I'll probably close the recruiting until I decide to take in some more. But once two more characters are accepted, we'll be good to go.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Airanea on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Oh crap, you're only looking to take in one more? My husband and I have been looking for a more advanced and attention grabbing (much like your's is) roleplay to join in together.

Airanea
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!