Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Age: Crimson Blight

Dragon Age: Crimson Blight

a part of “Dragon Age: Crimson Blight”, a fictional universe by StrawberryFoxglove.

The Blight, a plague that spoils the land and releases hellish demons from a far plane. Join the Grey Wardens as they attempt to free Ferelden from the clutches of the unholy taint. **Currently Accepting Characters**

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Age: Crimson Blight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Dragon Age: Crimson Blight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:52 am

Watch it be like the Halo "movies" and basically totally flop and add nothing to the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 pm

My worst suspicion is that it'll end up being like 40K movie, "Ultramarines". Not that the 40K movie was bad (story-wise I was very pleased), the expectations was far, FAR, too high for the budget they had.
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
~Buddha

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StrawberryFoxglove on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm

At least it's animated and not live action. that could only lead to a horrible mess....
I'm still not pleased -- I mean, come on, it's Dragon Age, a boss video game, and games don't usually translate well to the screen. I'm a huge fan of Dungeons and Dragons (my first real introduction to RP and fantasy), but none of those movies turned out well... D:

I'm hoping they'll at least stick to the lore and rules of DA -- if they don't, I may cry... if I'm not crying already.
~*Do not frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile*~

StrawberryFoxglove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Even if it is animated. No, just no. from game to movie generally doesn't work very well. And I am already, most certain that this movie will be... Well I won't say bad, but it'd be so-so.

@Straw:
Hey, I liked the D&D movies! But yeah, I'll say that they were kind of silly, and laughable.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:13 pm

StrawberryFoxglove wrote:At least it's animated and not live action. that could only lead to a horrible mess....
I'm still not pleased -- I mean, come on, it's Dragon Age, a boss video game, and games don't usually translate well to the screen. I'm a huge fan of Dungeons and Dragons (my first real introduction to RP and fantasy), but none of those movies turned out well... D:
I'm hoping they'll at least stick to the lore and rules of DA -- if they don't, I may cry... if I'm not crying already.

I'd argue against the DnD movies. The first was alright by my standards though I had to see the Behind the Scenes for the second before I began to appreciate how in-dept they had actually gone. So it really depends on how you look at it.

At least they're choosing to do a more original version, instead of picking one of the pre-designed stories from DA: Origins and said "This is the one that we think is awesome!", or anything of the like.
Though they did make real-life short movies about DA. Dragon Age Redemption, about 4/5 episodes long, each one is about 5-6 minutes long (excluding all the intro/outro).

:EDIT:

I've read over the ages of all the characters so far...And by Andraste do I feel old... I'm surround by young, spirited people who're in their physical peaks! Well, it will make the RP all the more interesting!

Saxious
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:55 pm

So I was looking around and found this:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Primeval_Thaig
I hadn't played DA:II, so I'm basing this idea off of the comment that "[i]t possesses great statues and temples, and also things created by magic, which is strange as dwarves are reputed not to be able to use magic."
So apparently, (possibly with the help of Primeval Lyruim before they became immune to the effects of regular Lyruim) the dwarves once had the ability to cast magic. I have yet to find any other evidence of magical items from dwarven culture, so this could all be speculation. But what do you guys think? You think that dwarves (before the first blight) were once able to cast magic, or even pass into the Fade?

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:27 pm

It is a possibility, however as it also states, it has been so long ago that no dwarven history has been recorded of it. Though the same article also says:
"Over the course of the game it is discovered that the idol thins the Veil, summons spirits, and can be used to cast spells, even by non-mages".

I actually think the Dwarves used this as their form of magic as it allowed non-mages to cast such powerful spells.
I think that Bioware left it to be as vague as it is to make people speculate whether the dwarves had mages or they depended upon this lyrium to cast magic, for it is their universe, they have given each race their own uniqueness so, really history and all that fluff is entirely to their mercy.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Saxious wrote:I actually think the Dwarves used this as their form of magic as it allowed non-mages to cast such powerful spells.
I think that Bioware left it to be as vague as it is to make people speculate whether the dwarves had mages or they depended upon this lyrium to cast magic, for it is their universe, they have given each race their own uniqueness so, really history and all that fluff is entirely to their mercy.

That's what I was thinking as well, though when (and this is just speculation from the site) Bartrand tried to use it (along with Meredith later on), they were reported to have gone insane from it. So it leaves the question, if they did use the idol for their castings, then why aren't all dwarves insane... wait. Nevermind. They are. :P
:EDIT:
When are we gonna start?

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:37 am

Hougmaku wrote:
Saxious wrote:I actually think the Dwarves used this as their form of magic as it allowed non-mages to cast such powerful spells.

That's what I was thinking as well, though when (and this is just speculation from the site) Bartrand tried to use it (along with Meredith later on), they were reported to have gone insane from it. So it leaves the question, if they did use the idol for their castings, then why aren't all dwarves insane... wait. Nevermind. They are. :P

Well, if you consider living underneath the earth with an unstable ceiling that weights tons, and the possibility of hitting a magma stream when they dig, then yeah, sure, they are pretty insane. Could be worse...It could be genetical!

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:57 am

Ehhh, I'm still here! I was absent for a bit over a week and I didn't notify anyone on this thread 'cause I hadn't been accepted yet (sort of posted a warning last-minute to every rp I was a member of).

Since she was intending to join the Grey Wardens, presumably my character should start off wherever the Grey Warden is? Or maybe she didn't arrive yet, I don't know :/

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Saxious wrote:
Hougmaku wrote:

Well, if you consider living underneath the earth with an unstable ceiling that weights tons, and the possibility of hitting a magma stream when they dig, then yeah, sure, they are pretty insane. Could be worse...It could be genetical!

Are you suggesting that ALL dwarves are crazy because of their genetics?
I'd agree with that statement, but my character wants me to not to. :P
Silly dwarves and their need to dig. :P

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Yealow everyone, just so you all know, I'm leaving for Holland tomorrow, though I'll still be active when I get to the Hotel.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 pm

where'd everyone go?

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:34 pm

@Hougmaku:
Wandering the endless void that is called real-life, I'll wager. Relax, take a sip form your cup of coffee, tea, or soda. Whatever it is you drink, and patiently wait for this to start. That is what I tend to do, anyway. With the occasional newspaper browsing included of course.

I must say Strawberry is taking her sweet time with starting this, though. But, there'd probably be a good reason for it. And I'm not going to question someone else's life. So until she's gives the green light for posting, I'll just relax in my comfortable chair, like the 'Sir' I am.

*Takes a sip from his newly acquired tea*

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:15 pm

*pokes the forum with a hot metal rod, the runs away to find himself in a very comfortable chair sipping on some very delicious wine.*

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saxious on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Say...Who's up for making another topic where we RP our characters meeting for the first time in a inn? Like the multiverse, only sticking to the whole dragon age setting. I'll gladly make a OOC topic for it.

Saxious
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:34 am

@Saxious:
I'd be okay with that, though I believe we do need the support of the other members as well.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:07 am

Do it. I feel like it will give us at least *something* to do.
Though we will have to remember that anything said in that 'inn' is entirely off canon, and cannot be extrapolated into canon when we do get this thing rolling.

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:16 pm

I personally think we should wait for Strawberry; but, I guess it'll be okay. *shrugs* whatever works for you guys I guess.

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hougmaku on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:23 pm

btw, speaking of strawberry. Is she okay? It seems like she's been gone a while >.>

Hougmaku
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!