Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

S.C.E.S.S.

S.C.E.S.S.

a part of “S.C.E.S.S.”, a fictional universe by Paradigm.

There are things happening all around us that we're not supposed to find out about. Some of those things are borderline paranormal and some are worthy of their own conspiracies. But I assure you they're all for your personal safety.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “S.C.E.S.S.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] S.C.E.S.S.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:51 am

S.C.E.S.S

To Secure, Contain, Eliminate and Store threats to our nation.

I'm back! :D

Background Info: The year is 2015. Not much changed since the year you live in now. The world isn't superfuturistic, there aren't laserguns, hovercars, nanosuits, no. It's a normal old society save for the metropolis known as █████. If the city name is blacked out, you probably don't have clearance to it's name. Since 1945 S.C.E.S.S has been serving the nation fiercely. Whether it be their secret capture of Adolf Hitler and the ending of World War Two, or the prevention of nuclear war in the Cold War, they've done a great service for the country. Some of the things they've undergone are indeed borderline paranormal and conspiracy worthy, including the Roswell incident, otherwise known as Task-25(Procurement of Unidentified Flying Object), and the spiritual decontamination of several homesteads. Some of their tasks are simple search and seizures, others are assassinations. They're like a special forces unit without rules of engagement or procedural restrictions, and nearly unlimited funding. Only the best of the best are recruited into SCESS.

Current Situation: As explained above the current situation, Task-397, a chemical engineer named Mr. Michael ██████ fabricated an extremely deadly substance. Mr. ██████'s substance is an airborn neurotoxin, aero-neurotoxin, that has a 100% fatality rate. Within ten seconds of inhalation it completely destroys conscious thought by latching onto neurons in the brain and completely destroying them. It only effects the frontal lobe, the bodies core functions are still capable of doing their jobs. Complete information on the aero-neurotoxin below.
[data expunged]

Information for you: There are ten main characters in this roleplay as of now. Nine of them will be for you guys, and one of them is mine. Ghost, the leader of Task-397, is my character. Nine of you, or less depending on how many characters you want to have(no more than three), will control the rest. More characters may be added or removed at my discretion. Mind you this roleplay is not centered around Task-397, it is centered around SCESS. After completion of task-397(which may or may not happen), another task will be at hand, or multiple. The possibilities are open ended and I'm open to suggestions.

How to apply: All you have to do is provide me with character info. I want your characters name, age, gender, physical appearance, personality, what he or she will offer to the squadron, his or her specialties, and their notable accomplishments. I want your characters to be convincing. I don't want them randomly thrown together, and I most certainly do NOT want you to use an anime picture. This is one thing that makes me cringe more than putting a toenail under my big toe and kicking a wall. I'll leave you to design your own character template. I don't want characters to be set in stone though, if you want to, change them as the story progresses. I encourage it!

Where the roleplay will pick up at: Our characters will just meet up in the cafeteria. It will most definitely start before all ten characters are accounted for, that's fine, the others will simply be deemed as not on-sight at the base and still on their own individual tasks. I just don't want to have to wait for all ten characters if they don't come pouring in fast.

Schematics for S.C.E.S.S. Headquarters
S.C.E.S.S. In Character

you may have noticed that this is very, very, very loosely similar to the SCP creepypasta series. Indeed it was inspired by that very series, but I have not based the roleplay on that series. This is an original idea I have created. At least, as far as I know it's original. There's probably something out there like it somewhere.
Last edited by Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] S.C.E.S.S.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:24 am

Submitted a bio, let me know if you need anything added/subtracted.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:35 am

It's fantastic, seems alright to me.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 am

That's good to hear. I do like a good squad-based RP, and since I did the medic thing in the real world..I think I do a damn good job.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:49 am

That's good to hear! Hopefully enough good people join for a good squad. :D

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Is it ok if I add a hacker character who is brought on the team by Ghost.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Of course.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SyringeofHell on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Sounds like a fun RP! I might join.

I have a few characters that'd be fun to join with, but I'm not sure which to use, ahah. Two I have in mind are mechanics (one male - Stefan Finch, one female - Ophelia Blackwood. The woman is significantly more intelligent than the bloke, though, who can barely read. However, the guy is a better gunman). The other is a regular soldier, and is Russian (Demyan Mikhailovitch Kavelin).

Whichever you'd need or whichever rough idea of a character interests you more.

Stef's profile (along with his brother) is here: http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/the-outside/characters/vasily-aleksandrov-finch-and-stefan-finch but for a different RP.
The other two, I don't have generic profiles up for them yet, but I can easily adapt any of them them to this world and I'll try to submit a profile when I work out which I'd rather use.
"You're the one bloody rubbish" - Dad.
DID YOU HURT YOURSELF? DID YOU HURT YOUR OWN BODY?

SyringeofHell
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esana on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi, I'd like to add a gunner character? I should have the profile up soon...

~ Esa
“No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.” ~ Voltaire

Esana
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:32 pm

@Esa - That's fantastic! :D

@Syringe - I'd go with Stefan or Demyan. It's doubtful that they would let someone lacking literacy join a team such as SCESS. It's really up to you who you choose, though, I'd accept either of the three! It just depends on how well you flesh them out, really. Personally I'd prefer Demyan, but it's up to you.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Esana on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:53 pm

She's up ~ Hope you like her. I didn't include a pic...is that alright? I added a pretty decent (or so I think xD) description...

~ Esa

Esana
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:11 pm

It's perfect. I don't mind there not being a picture as long as we have a general idea on her appearance :D

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SyringeofHell on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks!
Ahaha, Stef's the illiterate one. Ophelia can read and she's just as good a mechanic, but not as good a gunman.
I'll write up Demyan's profile, then, and if not enough people join, could I always add Ophelia in?

SyringeofHell
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Ohh. And yes, you could definitely add Ophelia.

Also, I added a very crude depiction of the SCESS headquarters. I made it in sketchup rather hurriedly so it's not exactly the best, but it gives you a basic idea on what it looks like, as far as the layout and shape, as well as it's size. (the link is at the bottom of the first post in this topic)

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SyringeofHell on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Submitted Demyan; hope he's okay. If less people join, can I throw Ophelia in as well? (:

SyringeofHell
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:46 pm

You can throw her in now of you're fine with two characters! :D

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SyringeofHell on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks! I might have to finish her profile up tomorrow though.

SyringeofHell
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:56 pm

perfectly fine. I approved Demyan.

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:37 am

So, what are we still waiting for? Just wondering when we will be starting.

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paradigm on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 pm

We will start today. I've just been busy this weekend x_x

Paradigm
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!