Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Etherea

Q&A

a part of “Etherea”, a fictional universe by KumoriRyuu.

In a world of ever growing evil, the Chosen must rise to combat the darkness of an ancient being with seemingly endless power.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Etherea”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Q&A

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm

If you have ANY questions, then feel free to ask them here. You can ask as many as you want and make them as detailed as you want as well. I will answer them as soon as I can, my schedule at home permitting, which is usually very open and flexible since I'm on winter break. Thank goodness for those little miracles!! Yay!!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Q&A

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dante Angelico on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Is there any particular way you want us to set out our character sheet?
And I'm thinking of making a magical character which involves magic concerning blood would that be ok?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dante Angelico
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:14 am

Hey Dante.

I'm not sure what you mean by "set out" the character sheet. Just copy and paste the skeleton from the main info page and fill out the information in accordance with the race you've chosen.

When it comes to magic, it's all relative depending on how long and how well you've been trained to use it. Even a human, who has been trained long and hard through the years, can match a High Elf (who are known for their magical prowess) in terms of magical power and output potential. When it comes to manipulating, producing and conjuring blood, that's a bit strange to say the least but it's not unfeasible. I will let you make your character your way and I will review it when it comes in. If I think the blood thing is a bit much, then I'll ask you to change it to something more elemental in nature, or something more practical.

Elemental magic is fairly straightforward, you pick one element and stick with it. If you want practical magic like conjuration, restoration, or illusionary spells, then pick one and go with it.

One thing I will not allow in the RP is more than two specialties when it comes to magic. If you pick restoration and conjuration, that's it. If you try to pull off illusion spells in the RP, you'll be yelled at.

Anyway, go ahead and submit the character with the blood thing and I'll look it over and pass judgement then.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 am

I have a feeling this question is going to come up, so I'll ask it and answer it myself.

Can we portray a Dragon?

The answer is "No".

Dragons in this RP will hold a special significance later, but for right now they are off limits. You will not be allowed to have interacted with or contact a Dragon in your character profiles or history, and you will not be able to see or interact with a Dragon without my permission as GM. If anyone violates this rule, and tries to interact with a Dragon without consulting me first, they will be booted from the RP, and their character IC will be killed by the Dragon they approached.

Thank you!

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Howlkin Stranger on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:07 pm

A good time of the day to you,

I was thinking of joining but before that I would like to ask a pair of questions pertaining to my present concept for the character.
First:
What level of authority can a player character possess? Is it possible to control a sizable group or have any real sway on the underground world of either race?
Second:
If it IS possible to have an influential character, then this is my next question. I wanted to make a vampire character who would have influence on the Dwarves, using their underground passages as grounds for an information network/base of operations. How likely is it for a vampire to secure such ties? Can it be the result of "favors" done to their authorities or perhaps protection offered to influential merchants?

Thank you in advance!

Howlkin Stranger
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:15 pm

Good questions both.

1. I have no objections to having an influential character, as proven by Lamia's character being approved without objection to her being fairly influential in her home city.

However, this is taking into consideration the fact that she was of the same race as those surrounding her.

When it comes to one of another race being so influential, I have my doubts. A vampire, no matter how well connected, will not inspire trust or security for anyone of any race given their nature and history. If you were a human, that'd be another matter.

So when it comes to having influence, I have no objections. Having a vampire with such influence over another race, I do have objections. If you want to be an influential and well known vampire, that's fine with me. But a vampire having influence over the dwarves is not something that I would really be comfortable with.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluebirds -- bb on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:47 am

Here are questions that are related to vampires!

A question regarding the Vampire venom; how long does it take to corrupt the body? Days? Weeks? Months? And since you can get it via getting bitten, does that mean a vampire has control over its release? After all, when they feed, they bite.

Another question regarding the corruption. Do they remain the age they were bitten? Grow younger? Grow older, in case they were bitten at adolescence? Grow extremely beautiful and sparkle in the sunlight?
/shot

Also, is it safe to assume there's some sort of governing body? I'd guess they're loners by nature, but you mentioned rogue vampires. So do they have a set of laws they follow for themselves? And should one of them go rogue, it's this body's responsibility to deal with it?

Would they have a sire method? Like if you created a vampire via biting, is it your responsibility to teach him/her the laws? e ne;;

I had a few other questions earlier but I was too lazy to make my way to my laptop. |D but this is it for now.
ImagexxxxImage

bluebirds -- bb
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Interesting questions, so allow me to answer them one by one.

1. Corruption by Vampire Venom takes place immediately after injection, but the body's immune system will be able to keep it at bay for a period of between 3-5 days. After that point, you're screwed. No, Vampires do not have control over its release. Once they bite, they bite, and the venom is released.

2. I would never allow a Vampire to sparkle in the sunlight. The author of Twilight should be killed for her blasphemy of the species! Anyway, Vampires in this RP are not immortal, and so they do continue to age as they normally would after being bitten. A Vampire's life expectancy is in fact extended thanks to the Vampire Venom, but they will die naturally after about two hundred years or so.

3. In this RP, Vampires don't have a social governing body or even their own gathering places or establishments. They are in fact loners by nature, but they can survive in sunlight for short periods of time. This is only for about two hours though, afterwards they will need to find a dark place to rest and recuperate as the sun will drain their energy. When I said "Rogue" Vampire, I just mean a Vampire that goes on a killing/biting spree. These Vampires don't care who they bite, how many they bite, or even if the victim survives since they are far more aggressive and violent in their feeding than a normal Vampire. This only ever happens when a victim of a Vampire attack realizes that they have in fact become a Vampire before they were cured of its effects and go insane from rage and depression.

As a side note, there is a cure for Vampire Venom, but it only works during that 3-5 day period before your transformation is complete. The symptoms of Vampire venom are as follows:

* Skin begins to grow steadily more pale until it's almost without pigment by the time transformation is complete.
* Changes in sleeping habits. You will go to bed earlier and earlier until you end up sleeping throughout most of the day and becoming active almost solely at night.
* Bleeding from the gums due to changes in the body's physiology in and around the mouth, as well as the canines growing steadily longer.
* And finally, a craving for blood itself, such as licking and feeding on your own blood during the previous symptom's occurrence.

If you can spot these symptoms and prove to a doctor that you are becoming a Vampire, the cure will be administered right away and you will be free from the Vampire's venom after about twelve hours.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!