Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Recondite

Recondite

a part of “Recondite”, a fictional universe by Gabriella.

"For the strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf." -RUDYARD KIPLING

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Recondite”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Recondite

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxSkyheartxX on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:34 pm

(Alrighty I fixed it! :D
I'm rather new here..So if you have any tips let me know!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XxSkyheartxX
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:23 am

It does seem that a lot of characters have deceased parents in roleplays on this site in general. Way I see it it's not a problem as long as the characters don't spend the whole RP brooding on it. It only winds me up when the first 3 or 4 of a characters posts are all filled with lines like "Katy bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out the memories of her brother's death", or "she shook her head; now was not the time to think of such things". The opening posts should be setting the scene for the RP, and the RP isn't about any one character's past. Well...unless it is....haha.

In fact truth be told I'm not a fan of writing big bios anyway. I'd rather develop a character in-plot. Some people love huge character skeletons with hundreds of fields to fill in. Nothing puts me off an RP faster...one time I even dropped out of an RP because the GM expanded the CS and asked me to rewrite mine. They wanted me to think of 3 things my character was afraid of...I can't even think of 3 things I'm afraid of IRL! :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxSkyheartxX on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:54 am

LOl, I totally agree.

XxSkyheartxX
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoolMeOnce on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Ah sowwwy I didn't even think of the naming thing ^^; Sorry about that! Glad you like her though! <3
My solace is knowing that someday things will be over...then I can say a big SCREW YOU to those who brought me down!

FoolMeOnce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriella on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 pm

XxSkyheartxX wrote:(Alrighty I fixed it! :D

Awesome. :)

shmband wrote:It does seem that a lot of characters have deceased parents in roleplays on this site in general. Way I see it it's not a problem as long as the characters don't spend the whole RP brooding on it. It only winds me up when the first 3 or 4 of a characters posts are all filled with lines like "Katy bit her lip and squeezed her eyes shut, trying to block out the memories of her brother's death", or "she shook her head; now was not the time to think of such things". The opening posts should be setting the scene for the RP, and the RP isn't about any one character's past. Well...unless it is....haha.

In fact truth be told I'm not a fan of writing big bios anyway. I'd rather develop a character in-plot. Some people love huge character skeletons with hundreds of fields to fill in. Nothing puts me off an RP faster...one time I even dropped out of an RP because the GM expanded the CS and asked me to rewrite mine. They wanted me to think of 3 things my character was afraid of...I can't even think of 3 things I'm afraid of IRL! :)

Yeah, for that reason, I never include personality. I always require a bio, though. I don't exactly look at the length, but more of the quality. Some less experienced writers tend to become intimidated by the others' posts and will leave or just completely disappear. I'm not saying all do this, but that is just what I encounter most when managing a roleplay. :/
Not only that, though. I just believe it is reasonable to have one when all of the character's have already known each other, since it may contain something that the other character's are supposed to know depending on the length of time they've known each other. ^_^

I'll start getting the first post together, we're just waiting on the fourth male, which I presume is taken by Emily.
c:

Gabriella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Funny thing...as you've used a Rudyard Kipling quote in the title. I'm staying with a friend in Southsea this weekend, and on her street there's a house with a big sign saying Rudyard Kipling lived there as a boy. Charles Dickins' birthplace is also nearby.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LittleRedDucky on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:49 pm

randoms....just like your profile picture Oli :)

If emily doesn't submit a male by tomorrow...I will :)

LittleRedDucky
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Fallen_Ones on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Hey everyone umm, Emily's grandmother passed away last night, and she wanted to tell you all that she is really sorry, but she most likely wont be able to make a character for this.. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, don't shoot the messenger please..? (︺︹︺)
“In my dream I know I am falling. But there is no up or down, no walls or sides or ceilings, just the sensation of cold and darkness everywhere. I am so scared I could scream. But when I open my mouth, nothing happens. And I wonder if you fall forever and never touch down, is it really still falling? I think I will fall forever.”

The_Fallen_Ones
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Mr Bean as an Avatar? Seems pretty run of the mill to me! ;-)

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriella on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Well, all of our spots are now filled, thanks to LRD. :) That sounds like I'm calling you Lord, so I'm just going to stick with Ducky. (By the way, I love Alice's room <3)
Anyways, I just have a few things to edit for the roleplay, so after that I will begin the first post.

By the way, Rooms 1, 2, and 5 are the three rooms that are leftover, so shmband and Sky (both 7 and 4 are already filled), if there are any preferences (not that the setting really matters) for which you want your character to be in, let me know. If not, I'll just place them randomly.
c:

Don't worry about it Fallen, shit happens, and I completely understand that.
Losing someone would be a difficult time.

Gabriella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriella on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Update: Have yet to work on the first post, this is a really busy week since I have a few courses and other events planned, but I am hoping it will be up by Wednesday evening.

I complain when I have nothing to do, and I complain when I have too much to do.
Shake my head.

Gabriella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:53 am

Just a thought also; even if we all share control of the alpha couple, is someone going to create CS/bios for them just so we know a little about who they are? I've alluded to the alpha female in Carl's bio, but beyond that there's nothing been said. Or will the alpha's not feature that much in the RP?

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriella on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:47 pm

shmband wrote:Just a thought also; even if we all share control of the alpha couple, is someone going to create CS/bios for them just so we know a little about who they are? I've alluded to the alpha female in Carl's bio, but beyond that there's nothing been said. Or will the alpha's not feature that much in the RP?

Yup! I was waiting to create it until after someone claimed the alpha's son spot, and until now, I had forgotten. So I'll just add that to my list and get it done as soon as I can. :)

Gabriella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 am

OK cool, I've helped out and submitted an alpha's wife, but that doesn't mean I'm taking full responsibility for her! I'm spending most of my free time coordinating a wedding and an emigration to Canada, so one character is responsibility enough for me right now! :)

shmband
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriella on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:54 am

Finally got it up. :') Sorry about not getting it up last night, I was exhausted by the time I got home, so I just woke up extra early in order to prepare the post.
But anyways, that's a HUGE help! And don't worry, she'll be able to be controlled by everyone, and for anything important, I'll be playing her.

Yay, Canada. :')

Gabriella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoolMeOnce on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:57 pm

I keep trying to post but it keeps saying syntax error, so before I lose it, here is my post;

R O S A L I N D A __ G A R C I A
Location; The Dining Room
Project number 987165...

The heat, belting down on the patio, had quickly proven too much for this dark haired wall flower. Whilst plenty of the pack lounged outside, on sun chairs, on the lilos and in the pool, Rosie had slipped away and hidden inside, working on yet another patchwork quilt. This time, she had incorporated floral print fabric into the diamond shapes around the edge, as well as other patterned materials. Rosie's fingers moved nimbly over the soft material, pushing and pulling the needle through and through, followed by a slim white thread. It took her no time at all to fasten and fix together the last edge. Now she had to turn it the right way around, attach the buttons and....

“Ow, ow, ow,...”

Rosie looked up from her blanket and smirked, though trying to stifle her laugh. Who should come through but none other than a very, very red and raw Rosalee. All too soon, Rosie's resolve shattered and her chuckle burst forward. "Rosalee! What on earth?!" she giggled, clutching her stomach as she gasped for air. "Ever heard of sun lotion?!" Rosie hopped up from her chair and pattered over, bare feet across the cool tile, and intercepted Rose's journey through the house. "Exactly...how long have you been out there?" Rosie asked, her tone almost scolding. There it was; her motherly nature. Despite her young age, and the fact that some were older than her, Rosie mothered EVERYONE. Including the Alphas. Rosie gingerly place her hands on the burnt girl's shoulders and steered her towards the fridge. She pulled out a stool from under the breakfast bar, and carefully guided Rosalee onto it. "Sit, stay," she barked, turning away to the fridge and pulling the door open.

There was a glassy chink as Rosie rummaged through some medication bottles, and finally pulled out some Calamine Lotion. Rosie swept across the room towards the medical cupboard and pulled out some cotton wool pads. "Here we go," she cooed, opening the bottle and wetting the cotton wool. Rosie turned her head this way and that as she dabbed the Calamine Lotion onto Rosalee's skin. "This should help...it's cold mind," she warned, just a little too late since she had already begun. "You'll want to go sit somewhere cool now, and have a cold shower too. I can always put some more on later if it's still hurting..." Rosie offered, screwing the cap back onto the bottle and stowing it into the fridge.

"Just be more careful next time!" Rosie called, waving a hand in the air as she departed for her room, pausing only to pick up her blanket and sewing kit.

FoolMeOnce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Fallen_Ones on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Sorry my post is so long <.> also, could we add a library to the house? :D

...even through Cassandra's room is already like a library..

The_Fallen_Ones
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriella on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:43 pm

Haha, yup! :)

Edit: Bon Iver <3 :')
Last edited by Gabriella on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabriella
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Fallen_Ones on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:39 pm

:D You like Boniver too??

The_Fallen_Ones
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriella on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Yeaah! :)

Gabriella
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!