Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nyx Eterna Academy

Nyx Eterna Academy

a part of “Nyx Eterna Academy”, a fictional universe by -Naomii.

NEA was founded on January 1, 2014. It is both the first academy to only accept what humans call "Monsters" and a academy built to train them to fight those who threaten the peace between monsters and humans or wish to bring havoc to the world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nyx Eterna Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Nyx Eterna Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelvin9901237 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:24 am

-Naomii wrote:@kelvin9901237 Yus, everyone has to start at 250... and I'm not sure what you mean by Max HP draining abilities. If you're talking about the AP then it can't be over 20. The more "missions" you participate in, the more your HP and AP increases. I hope I answered your question. ^-^

By HP draining abilities, I meant ones that cut down your Max HP, like by 50 or 100, so that a character only starts with 200 or 150 HP even after they've visited the nurse.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kelvin9901237
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jimkricket on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 pm

What Kelvin wants to know is whether he can make an ability that costs a certain amount of his own maximum hit points on use.

Example: Kelvin(currently 250/250HP) uses his Ultra Immunity( makes him impervious to all attacks for 5 minutes), the activation costs 100max HP, now he's down to 150/150HP, permanently.

Speculation: It can be used strategically, but at a high price, but if he was at 1/250HP it may be worth the price to pay. This can also be a very powerful Role-playing tool, as he can reflect his character's diminishing strength every time the move is used, and finally, if he overexerts himself within short periods of time, he will die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jimkricket
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Hmmm, I have a feeling of problem with it, but I can't get my finger on it... Well, since I don't know the character yet, I won't mind much for now.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelvin9901237 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Dementedness wrote:Hmmm, I have a feeling of problem with it, but I can't get my finger on it... Well, since I don't know the character yet, I won't mind much for now.

If you have any problems you can PM me about it.

Also why isn't there any posting going on?

kelvin9901237
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelvin9901237 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:43 pm

kelvin9901237 wrote:
Dementedness wrote:Hmmm, I have a feeling of problem with it, but I can't get my finger on it... Well, since I don't know the character yet, I won't mind much for now.

If you have any problems you can PM me about it.

Jimkricket wrote:What Kelvin wants to know is whether he can make an ability that costs a certain amount of his own maximum hit points on use.

Example: Kelvin(currently 250/250HP) uses his Ultra Immunity( makes him impervious to all attacks for 5 minutes), the activation costs 100max HP, now he's down to 150/150HP, permanently.

Speculation: It can be used strategically, but at a high price, but if he was at 1/250HP it may be worth the price to pay. This can also be a very powerful Role-playing tool, as he can reflect his character's diminishing strength every time the move is used, and finally, if he overexerts himself within short periods of time, he will die.

You're close-I was thinking of a permanent ability rather than a temporary, since it would probably suck to have your maximum HP go down every time you wanted to use this ability.

Also why isn't there any posting going on?

kelvin9901237
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -Naomii on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Oh I understand now! Thanks Jimkricket for the example. ^-^ Umm... I would have to say no to that ability. I prefer all characters having the same amount of HP and abilities that won't permanently lower the amount of HP...

-Naomii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelvin9901237 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 am

-Naomii wrote:Oh I understand now! Thanks Jimkricket for the example. ^-^ Umm... I would have to say no to that ability. I prefer all characters having the same amount of HP and abilities that won't permanently lower the amount of HP...

Ok, thanks for the reply.

kelvin9901237
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shade Succubus on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:08 pm

AUGH! Okay, i'm very very new here... (as in, day one on the site itself) I'm good at RP and all that jazz, but have no idea where to start to get myself actually 'in' with the other players? Any ideas? I was thinking the Gate, since obviously I'm new to the school. But.... I wanted to hear from someone OOC before I go ahead and drool out a post.

Shade Succubus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -Naomii on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Start at the gate. Also, you have to fill out the character sheet before starting...

-Naomii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shade Succubus on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:46 pm

-Naomii wrote:Start at the gate. Also, you have to fill out the character sheet before starting...

Ehehe, Sorry about that. Tis so much on this site to click~ I hope my sheet looks okay to you! I dont really wanna start until I get your thumbs up to get rolling~

Shade Succubus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby triblade on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Im going to have to leave this roleplay due to my new job taking up to much timr sorry

triblade
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 am

Awe~ Farewell triblade~

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:23 am

lolwut

Why are there succubi and Xenomorphs in one app? I'm confused and possibly aroused.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dreammuffin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:59 am

aw bye triblade~

and possibly arousedwhut? xD

dreammuffin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shade Succubus on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:42 am

FamishedPants wrote:lolwut

Why are there succubi and Xenomorphs in one app? I'm confused and possibly aroused.

Hahah! Long story I guess, I've been using this characters for years though, and so far I think I got the whole hybrid thing down~ Shade's quite a charmer to RP with! I'm still waiting for an OK before I jump in, but hopefully I can get rolling soon so I can make a bunch of new friends and start another amazing story with my girl!

Shade Succubus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -Naomii on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:17 pm

triblade wrote:Im going to have to leave this roleplay due to my new job taking up to much timr sorry

Aww it's okay. Thanks for joining anyway! ^-^

-Naomii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -Naomii on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Shade Succubus wrote:Ehehe, Sorry about that. Tis so much on this site to click~ I hope my sheet looks okay to you! I dont really wanna start until I get your thumbs up to get rolling~

If the acid blood causes damage you should add how much AP(damage) it has but other than that you're good to go! :D

-Naomii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shade Succubus on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:07 pm

-Naomii wrote:
If the acid blood causes damage you should add how much AP(damage) it has but other than that you're good to go! :D

Thank you! I fixed it up and will make my first post ever in the gate! Hope I RP with you soon! :)

Shade Succubus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby -Naomii on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:34 am

Shade Succubus wrote:
-Naomii wrote:

Thank you! I fixed it up and will make my first post ever in the gate! Hope I RP with you soon! :)

No problem! THANK YOU for joining. ^-^

-Naomii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelvin9901237 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 am

Will there be any other mechanics other than the AP points, like skill learning and challenges?

kelvin9901237
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!