Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dogs in God's Vineyard

Dogs in God's Vineyard

a part of “Dogs in God's Vineyard”, a fictional universe by Magus1108.

The King of Life has called upon you to be God's Watchdog, a defender of The Faith, the hammer upon which you beat men until they are purified. Can you answer the call, and do your best to defend and promote The Faith?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dogs in God's Vineyard”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Dogs in God's Vineyard

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:18 pm

By all means, every single detail doesn't need to be spelled out. And the thing about religion is that people rarely can all agree on on thing. And if you do decide what the official doctrine is, that's far different from what someone way away from the central authority might think. I was just curious as to having something to jump off of, aside from what could be implied from what you've written already, like how if the Faith migrated west, they would likely to be big on living good, honest, simple, and hard working lives, as opposed to the supposedly corpulent and hedonistic wealthy folks back in the eastern cities who may call themselves Christian but have obviously strayed from any sense of a righteous path.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Alright, makes sense to me. I'll try to give you some good stuff to work off of, then! :)

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:41 pm

And Dominon has got his character up now! Huzzah! :D

That's everyone then. If no one has any objections, I'll try to start us off sometime tomorrow.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImpliedDominion on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 am

Yes, I did! Hopefully everything looks alright; if not, I'm happy to make tweaks as needed!

ImpliedDominion
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:01 am

Woooo, tomorrow sounds good to me. =D

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 am

It is tomorrow and there is nothing up yet! Lies!
Nothing to see here

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Oh hush. I just woke up. :P

I'll get up some new stuff on the Background Info thread, and then try to get us started today. Okay? Okay! :D

Also, just so everyone is clear, our group of Dogs have only just recently assembled. So unless any of your characters share a past history, like Horatio and Anna do, then none of these guys should know each other all that well.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Good news! I have started the RP. Feel free to start posting! :D

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:53 am

Hey guys, just works late nights followed by a 0500 start today. Will post this afternoon.

Tempest
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:32 am

Post up, sorry for the delay!

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:21 pm

Sorry for the delay in my post, but it's up! Quite long, too.

Anyway, I think I forgot to mention this before, but if you guys have any ideas for future missions, please PM me! Same goes for any ideas you have about character arcs or character quests. In fact, I'd love it if all our characters had some sort of arc or quest that we build up to over the course of the RP. :)

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImpliedDominion on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:04 am

Jimminy Christmas, you weren't kidding about the length!

ImpliedDominion
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:53 am

Magus, I am assuming you are going to RP the bar tender here or do you want to PM me some rumours?

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Of course, I will be RPing all the NPCs present within the game. Unless I otherwise say so. Or unless anyone here particularly wants to play the bartender, Sheriff Thompson, or any other NPC we come across during the game.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:06 am

Just so you guys know, I will be making two separate posts with the Sheriff/Harrison duo, and the William/Bartender duo. I'll get those up later this afternoon, I hope.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:25 pm

*Tumbleweed*

Also, appropriate music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOeju9eMnuc

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tempest on Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Good tune! Working on a post

Tempest
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImpliedDominion on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:32 am

I've been listening to the theme from 'Two mules for Sister Sara' quite frequently while writing for this RP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl6DA1YDGcc

ImpliedDominion
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:21 pm

I....usually think of and listen to jazz from The Big O when writing for this RP.

Doesn't quite fit, but I don't question it.

So, two posts down, one to go! I'll get up the one for Anna and William tomorrow, more likely than not.

Magus1108
Member for 11 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!