Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Anthemia Academy for Hunters

Anthemia Academy for Hunters

a part of “Anthemia Academy for Hunters”, a fictional universe by Stark Contrast.

A group of brave students are chosen to fight for humanity's right to live as it is pushed to the edge of it's limits by the evil of Daemons, yet in this world the line between enemy and ally is not so clear. [ACCEPTING INDEFINITELY]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Anthemia Academy for Hunters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Anthemia Academy for Hunters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Whew! I finally posted for Willow. It took me forever.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:04 pm

Finally Got Joe's opening post in. Should be interesting to see where this goes from here.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:17 pm

Wow, the posts are quickly coming in. I can't wait to do Robin's reaction when his group is announced. (And of course his reaction to Willow's greeting.)

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:34 am

Yay, I am really excited for this to get moving along! I can not wait. I had a quick question though. @stark contrast I meant to ask earlier, but I forgot. In Willow's post I made her quite religious since she came from Terrasis, but I sort of went off on my own ideas for the religion. I am sorry. Did you ready have a plan for how their religion would be or something?

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:53 am

toajojo wrote:Yay, I am really excited for this to get moving along! I can not wait. I had a quick question though. @stark contrast I meant to ask earlier, but I forgot. In Willow's post I made her quite religious since she came from Terrasis, but I sort of went off on my own ideas for the religion. I am sorry. Did you ready have a plan for how their religion would be or something?

Don't worry about it, I actually really like the language you made up for it, I didn't even think of them having a language, but bam! now it seems very plausible. Anyhow, I actually appreciate how some of you bent the world's story around your characters and made it unique in your own way, which means that the vagueness I used wasn't such a bad idea after all. That reminds me, if you have anything you wish to add or suggest you can PM me or talk about it here. I encourage all of you to do that ^^

Also, just where did you get the inspiration for the language? Was it just kinda made up?

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:24 am

@Stark, I am glad I did not upset you or anything. It made my heart all tingly to hear that you liked it. Thank you. The language is a mix-mash of two songs I happened to be listening to not too long before I typed it up. Jutenija covered by Lizz and Till The Day I Can See You Again covered by JoyDreamer.

toajojo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kapento on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:15 am

Lovely posts so far! I'm working on one for Cuddy just now. X3

Post is up!
Sorry for the shortness I'm just really busy at the moment, but wanted to get something up at least.

Kapento
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Quick question. What is the primary source of fuel for the world of Kreonia? I doubt it's any fossil fuel, except maybe for coal and natural gas, for small instances, like cooking or maybe for a freight train. Is it electricity? Magic? More than one thing?

Shiki29
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Gah! I am dying! I can not wait to see who our characters are grouped with. Is it weird for me to be so excited? Sigh. I have no life TT..TT @Stark Contrast how are you placing people in groups? How are you deciding who will go with who?

toajojo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:51 am

I'm dying too. I can't wait for everyone else to post. I really wonder how all the characters will get along in their groups. I also can't wait for a mission.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Stark Contrast on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:04 am

Alright, those of you who haven't posted will need to by at least Monday, or else I'll be forced to drop your role and open it, and move on, I'd rather not stall the roleplay. I'll send PM's to those who haven't posted, if you respond I'll be sure to save your spot.

@Shiki, hmm I had a theory in the earlier days when Anthemia lacked the source of fuel they used now, it was largerly a steam based society (so ya know yay! for Steampunk Anthemia) which means that you might see some relics of that society in the older parts of the city. Later though, this was proving to be inefficient as an Industrial revolution of sorts came along, a new source was needed, and steam just wasn't cutting it. I'd think that some genius came along and crafted a very basic, and simple form of energy, that is something like magick in that it flows and is renewable in nearly any format. I don't have a name for this particular energy, but we can call it's application and study, Thaumaturgy. This energy does not only flow easily but it's properties allow it to be easily distributed through a system (unlike magick), so if there was a collection of machinery assigned to do one job, this energy could provide it, and it only needed to be provided by a human, just a small wick of their energy could equate to several weeks of work by machinery. Which means there are humans who use part of their energy (and are apparently paid very well by the government) to power and maintain the entirety of the city's energy. Also, it's easy for anyone to replicate as well, so it's commonly used by Scholar's to power their inventions should they need it.

There are other sources of energy too, I was thinking that in Ura there were crystals that contained pure, and un-tampered magical essences that could be used as fuel in place of humans (I also like to think that Leviathan, Anima, and Anthemia have a part in development of this energy the crystals harness, but something is keeping them from being able to patent and use it). In Leviathan there are probably deep vats of heat energy underwater that can be used to power their city, but it isn't as potent as Thaumaturgy energy and is very dangerous for humans to be near considering it's incredible temperature. Anima wold probably rely on the same energies as Anthemia though.

Okay, that might of sounded really stupid lol, I might have well have said I don't know, but that's as much as I got now. Like I said, I'm still working out a few kinks here and there, but nothing that would stop the plot full-sail, anyhow, good question Shiki!

@Toajojo and Shiki (again)

Well, at first I was thinking I should do it based on their abilities, like no two medics on the same team, but personalities seem to work best I think. I might pair people up with those that may or may not appreciate their quirks but they better learn soon, there's nothing worse than an ineffective team on the battlefield. Or I might pair up more engimatic personalities together, lmao I just see a lot of things that could be very interesting, but I'm not spoiling anything >.<, if everything goes well, that next post should be up ASAP (hopefully before Monday, if not then on Monday)

Stark Contrast
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 pm

I must say that I too am quite curious as to who is going to be assigned to which group. Not knowing the process behind how they are being arranged I am left to ponder the possibilities. Certain character personalities may clash more than others but then again clashes spur conversation more than a steady status quo would. A clash of personality types would also create opportunities for failure regarding missions, opportunities to learn from and grow as characters.

Zalgo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Actually, reading back on some earlier posts, I can't help but wonder how exactly Lance came to the conclusion that Lorelei was a sulky, attention whore type, considering that ever since she entered the classroom, she's been acting completely emotionless and stoic. Although, it isn't really metagaming regardless, since that's practically the exact opposite of her character, but still... kinda odd.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:59 pm

My guess is that Lance has a low opinion of most people, and that maybe he saw some minute, ambiguous expression on Lorelei's face, and just assumed or interpreted the worst. Maybe we can even make this a running gag where Vance is a horrible judge of character. Or something.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YuumanN on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:36 pm

My post is up, gonna stick around for a while to do some proof-reading and editing, since I apparently I suck at coding.

Sorry it took a while, I haven't had many chances to sit down and write and when I did I had a mountain of posts to read before doing so (you guys made that the fun part though).

Anyways, hopefully we’ll gain some momentum and the next round will go faster.

@Feyblue
Not my place to meddle, but Vance's CS does describe him as "extremely judgmental", so Shiki is most likely right.

YuumanN
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ahri on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:45 pm

I'll be starting my post soon finishing reading the others first. My apologies as well I came down with a cold on Tuesday and slept 60+ hours. By the time I came back their were a mound of posts, which is an amazing thing might I say.

I'll be more on the ball in the future no worries. My post will be up by tonight.

Can't wait to see how this roleplay will turnout I'm so excited.

Ahri
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:28 pm

(font=times, times new roman)Glad you are feeling better @Ahri!
Ooh~! *Rubs hands together* So many possibilities on who our characters could be grouped with! I think this is the first time I have been so excited for a Monday to come, lol. I am falling in love with everyone's posts. You all did such a good job. I loved the glimpses into their daily lives and I can't for us all to get to know each other.
So I have been imagining Willow's team. I know it sounds weird, but it makes me giddy. Since Willow's only abilities are almost purely supportive, she is going to need a team who works on taking out the daemons, while being sure they don't get to her. Right? She does best as just a member and following step-by-step instructions. Though, it would be really interesting to have another member who completely disregards any previously made plans. How has everyone imagined how their groups are going to be? I know I can not be the only who does this.
Also, one more thing to conclude my long comment. The Terrasis religion. I know it is not central to the story, but the prospect is brimming with opportunities. After thinking about it I have decided that Willow is going to be a devout believer in...Whatever it is called. We need to come up with a name. I am going to use it to develop her more. I have a few ideas and would love to discuss them with whoever has a character that might be familiar with Terrasis.(/font)

toajojo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:24 pm

Not sure how Hector will be grouped up. He would probably be good on a lot of teams since he is really versatile, and has had past experience with combat. I doubt he could replace a slayer, but he is pretty good in physical combat, as well, so he might not need as much protection as most exorcists. I also noticed that Hector is one of the few of the characters here that actually seems to do very well at energy magic. Hector is is not very good at healing wounds, so naturally, he couldn't function as a medic. He might be best on a team that requires a scholar to build and manage equipment. I have no clue what team Hector would be in, but I can't wait.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Krisuvial on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:13 pm

Phew, finally got that posted. I was kind of rushed for time because my computer randomly kept freezing and I almost lost my whole post. Very frustrating. I loved all of the previous posts - you all are very talented!! :3

"It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail.” - Genghis Khan

Krisuvial
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shiki29 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Another question. Does Kreonia have a space program? I have no reason to ask this other than that missions that could possibly take place in orbit would be pretty cool. Also, we could do something like Shadowrun to make it interesting, like making magic become weaker the further one is from the planet, but letting technomancy remain the same, or whatever. But, I think a space station would be a cool place for one of our missions.

Shiki29
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!