Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat ā€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Underseers

Underseers Reservation Thread

a part of “Underseers”, a fictional universe by Averagebear.

ā˜½|| An organization that specializes in paranormal cleanup & more! welcome! || Open & Accepting ||ā˜¾

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Underseers”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Underseers Reservation Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:29 am

ImageIllusionist.
Michael B. Jordan
I'd probably make him into a cocky, know-it-all type of person but of course, along with that, he'd be very outgoing. Even though he is cocky, he is very easy to get along with and is very open and trustworthy towards others. He will have a bit of a temperament problem and if angry, he'll either hit something or someone, or just remain quiet then lash out at whoever or whatever he is mad about.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby desire99600 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:18 am

ImageIllusionist
#c2bdc7
Sky Ferreira (Not sure if she counts as overused, but I'm obsessed with her!)
I was thinking of having her be kind of an abrasive person if spoken to. Not hostile or rude (though she can come across like this), but more along the lines of blunt and rough around the edges. She's going to be fairly closed off, not letting anyone really get under her skin or see who she is. On the flip side, she likes to study others and learn what makes them "tick" so to say, making her very sly and a lot more clever and manipulative then people first assume. Though she doesn't talk a lot, when she does, she speaks in the most blunt, simplest terms, giving no attention to the feelings of others. This can often lead to her being called a pessimist or a cynic, though she prefers to see herself as a realist. She's pretty damaged to the point where sometimes, she lets her abilities with illusion get the best of her and struggles with reality though she prefers not to tell anyone this. Finally, as kind of a drifter, she's used to roaming about and hopping from place to place, feeling very agitated or uncomfortable when she's forced to settle into one environment for too long.

I don't know, I may change a few things, but this is where I'm going so far.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

desire99600
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 am

@ Everyone: Wow!! A ton of reservations overnight! Good morning everyone! Given the unexpectedly large interest, I went ahead and made it so thereā€™d be 5 slots in each class rather than 4. That said, there are still 7 out of 5 illusionist reservations, which means that thereā€™s going to be a bit of competition in that class!! Best of luck to each of you!

Rainbow, I am so super into it!! Very spooky, and itā€™s interesting to make the very human-based PR class into something a lot more morose. It might be a bit difficult for her to operate within a unit, but challenge and conflict are what writing's all about! Accepted!

Jem! OFFENSIVE ILLUSIONIST!! HELL YEAH!! thatā€™ll certainly be something to work with and work through as far as a team goes and it would be a really fulfilling challenge to find a way to make her monsters work to the unitā€™s advantage! it would make sense why sheā€™d be so cautious tooā€” probably says something about her inner psyche and such. Welcome! Reservation accepted!

Living-Dead Doll, it makes a LOT of sense for an exorcist to be an empath as well!!! And it was super smart to translate that into a tracking ability. My little sappy writerā€™s heart is humming with your creativity! Thatā€™ll probably be a little tricky during missions when adrenaline and emotion runs so rampant ā€” especially depending on the Sentinel she gets paired up with depending on the mission. That should be a blast to play and read! Canā€™t wait to see her character sheet! Reservation accepted! And feel free to PM me whenever; you can ask any questions about the universe/powers in general or we can bounce ideas or whatever else! My inbox is always open!

Dumisa! Neato! I like your face claim! Iā€™m interested to see how his personality and nature would affect his illusions and powers in general and how he would adapt to the Underseer lifestyle! Wonder what the effects of an illusionist having a temper would be! Reservation accepted

hi desire! sky is cute so itā€™s cool! I really like where youā€™re going with her personality; I feel like Iā€™ve known and met people just like that. I love when people play kinda sly and manipulative characters bcc it creates a cool interaction between role-players. & her struggles with reality are going to be so tragic!! Ah, the drama! I live for it. Excited to see where she goes. Reservation accepted!

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfstar918 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:39 pm

ImageExorcist
Sofia Black Dā€™ellia
From a young age, she'd have learned to put up a huge wall between herself and others because she was just different, and as such, I think she would cope with being different by being sarcastic. She tries to be apathetic, as she probably feels like caring ends up getting you hurt more, but I think that she'd end up caring despite herself, and so she keeps getting hurt, but she just hides those feelings away. She's probably that person standing in the corner and adding quips. From an exorcist point, I think she'd be a little unstable. She'd be a great support person, and would likely have a lot more crystals than needed on hand than needed, but I think that she'd end up getting addicted [if possible] to the high that the energy gives her. She might carry around a few batteries or such, and like a smoker would use cigarettes, just saps the energy from them every so often. Bananas.

wolfstar918
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ā˜æUraniaā˜æ on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm

ImageExcorsist
Allison Scagliotti
I'm thinking of bringing back a character from a roleplay that never quite kicked off. She'll have a laid-back musician feel too her mixed in with a lot of Intelligence, clumsiness and silliness. Shes a runaway that hasn't seen her family in six years but has survived well enough on her own with her little music gigs before TUOTR. She's way into tinkering with mechanical things or just object in general and likes creating little gadgets to help her team out especially with energy charged crystals. (If I can do that)

ā˜æUraniaā˜æ
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:51 pm

wolfstar ooooh i love it! sarcastic barks, possible mild addictions, and tons of crystals -- what more could a gal ask for?! The battery idea is brilliant & very much so appreciated! Reservation accepted!

Urania I love recycling characters! We'll see how she winds up fitting in this universe! Loving the context of her life before being an Underseer! Gadgets are neato, too! Reservation accepted!

Averagebear
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:16 pm

ImageEXORCIST
(#453363)
(Marina Nery)
A girl who channels energy into her animal familiar, probably a large black shaggy dog.

She's a product of the foster system, and repressed and anxious doesn't even begin to cut it. She's been getting more sensitive to energies around her lately, which stirs up and upsets her own inner sanctum like the footsteps of a dinosaur might effect a well-hydrated park. She is easily flustered by strangers, and finds it difficult to sugar coat the truth. Some find her honest and straightforward way of speaking charming while others are annoyed with her graceless and tactless social abilities. Luckily, her optimism allows for her "straightforward speak" to be the sugar coated truth. Yay optimism. This lack of social grace can lead to anxiety, since she's definitely keenly aware of it, and really prevents her from thinking clearly before she speaks. So often times there is no filter at all. Even if you weren't good at reading energies, it's easy to tell how she's doing based on the position and behavior of the dog. When she's particularly flustered and anxious her fingers will end up winding their way into the dog's fur, but as a bystander it's difficult to place when the dog actually arrived at her side. Because she has a tendency to have a winding way of speaking, and a short attention span, she's learned to speak in shorter clipped sentences to avoid anyā€¦mishaps. She is restless and fidgety in unknown situations, or even dull situations since she has so little patience for that sort of thing, anything she perceives as being uncomfortable. She is actually quite thoughtful, though she isn't exactly reflective. An intellectual and philosophical girl ironically blessed with a short attention span.

Thanks and let me know what you think! Also, any feedback would be deeply appreciated, and I want to collaborate on figuring out some power stuff, but she's a lil weakling right now so it doesn't matter TOO much.......
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:15 pm

ONETRICK!!!! THANKS FOR JOINING THE PARTY U SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!!! I... love .... her....!! & creative idea of having her funnel the magical energy into a creature!! I wonder how that would affect her dog --positively, negatively, not at all-- and if this dog is some otherworldly dog or not!! Let's chat about it!

Averagebear
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:54 am

Hellooo again! Here are th reservations, though I probably won't be able to start working on them until tomorrow.

ImageSoothsayer
#5e3c58
Katie McGrath
This character will generally be pretty exhausted and kind of secondary. She's got a special connection with the worst of fates, and often sees how others will die. She also has a great weakness toward any kind of supernatural power that is evil, but most prevalently with demons. Because of this the head quarters tries to keep a close watch on her, and she generally doesn't get to travel. She's going to be quite lovely, but often too disturbed for anyone to realize her true personality.

ImageAlchemist
#e39e54
Eddie Redmayne
The quirky, quiet type, but always has something good to say if someone will listen. This character will be my more primary character, and he'll work both with the alchemists and the archives because his main job will be going out and collecting artifacts and relics that destroy or tame supernatural creatures. He's also the main man to go to when one of these items needs repair. Because of his job he tangles with both parties, but is known more as an alchemist. He's a fairly stronge willed character, despite his social awkwardness and his trouble with expressing himself.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castle on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:07 pm

ImageArchiver
#82A6B1
Probs Ash Stymest
Because this fc seems like a bad boy, I'm looking at some of his more studious pictures, and thinking about putting the bad boy look in his past or wiping it completely because I love this model. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for the nerdy anxious characters in anything, so I think I'll go that direction? I really imagine him as a stuck up sorta debater personality, but I think that image would go out the window when he trips or drops all of his books and papers. He probably went to a good private school. I also imagine he's kind of upset that he's an archive, because he doesn't believe it's as "cool" as any of the other placements most other people have, but I think he understands someone has to do the job or no one will. I almost want him to have telepathy, or empathy, complete and utter climate control maybe just some low key power in his head he doesn't talk about, so he has something special of his own.

Hopefully I can pull this character together before Friday, or sooner, but I'm in two music lessons a week, and I'm taking an extra math course this summer, so I'm really sorry about how slow moving I was with Paul, but I can't guarantee how fast moving I'll be. Though, I really want to make another character and I think I have a pretty good grasp of this new idea! Haha wish me luck.

Castle
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Recruiter Property Buyer Greeter Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!