Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Smoke, Jazz, and Blood

Smoke, Jazz, and Blood

a part of “Smoke, Jazz, and Blood”, a fictional universe by Fredalice.

You start on a journey in the 1920's from Nottingham, England to the city of London on a train. The first of the murders happen here and it's up to you to band together to find out who did it, to follow the trail, and put the murder behind bars.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Smoke, Jazz, and Blood”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Smoke, Jazz, and Blood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:50 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Smoke, Jazz, and Blood"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Smoke, Jazz, and Blood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 am

This roleplay looks like it'll be the berries.

I'd love to join up!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pyramids
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:11 pm

This sounds swell! :D I think I'll join with a female Diener.

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:27 pm

@Lainpinky131 sounds good! =)

@Pyramids thanks for the interest I can't wait to see your character =D

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Celestial on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:35 am

Thinking of joining on as a chemist named Everette D. Osborne. He is a bit odd, but he is spiffy as well.

Mr.Celestial
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:38 am

@Mr.Celestial well we do love our spiffing men here ;P

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Celestial on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:25 am

Working on character now. Should be done by tomorrow at the latest.

Mr.Celestial
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:02 am

This RP seems like it may become the toast of the town. I'm interested as long as you are interested in me.
β€œI have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:33 pm

OK so since we have more people, mostly just waiting on two more people I believe. But I wanted to talk with you all if you wanted the plot to be a surprise for you all or if you wanted a say. Hopefully we can start within the next couple of day, I am going camping tomorrow night so I won't be able to respond until later Tuesday night.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:18 pm

Hmm, I think the best would be a mix. To have the murderer and the major plot points to be a surprise, dictated by you, but everything else could be decided as a group. :) I'm excited to get this started and figure out who Lottie is going to get along with.

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Celestial on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:45 pm

I agree with Lainpinky131 for the most part. I would prefer all over-plot or any big events that are super plot driving to be a surprise so I can genuinely react, but any long term character to character plot should be discussed between writers of those characters, things more important than dialogue though. Whatever you decide.

Mr.Celestial
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:35 pm

I'm going to follow to curve and say that I think that the major plot points should be kept a secret for as long as possible. I would like it if I had a certain level of autonomy though.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Sol on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:20 pm

Hullo all, if its alright I'd like to reserve a character in this dandy roleplay. I'd like to roleplay a South Welsh Miner who won a scholarship from his company in order to become a manager in the mine, and is now heading to London on the train that is so integral to this story.
β€œTruth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away.”
― Elvis Presley

Mr.Sol
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lainpinky131 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:04 am

Do you think we should get a few more females and queer men to even out the balance?

Lainpinky131
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:40 pm

@Mr.Sol you are of course welcome to join!!!

@Lainpinky131 I agree, so something to think about to those who are still in the making characters process, and if the balance still off everyone just realize that not all our characters will be having a romance. And if you truly want your character to have a romance and 'everyone' is already taken we can think about doubling up on characters to accommodate. Does that sounds reasonable to everyone?

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Love triangles are always disastrously fun too. That being said, I'll be surprised if anyone can get my character to fall in love. I've made him in such a way that he would be a tough shell to crack in that department.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:15 pm

That too =) Also I'll try and get the first post up tonight or early tomorrow. If you don't have your character created yet that's fine, just keep any eye out for a good opening for your character to enter when do you get done and accepted. This will also be for anyone who becomes interested in the roleplay after we've started. You're welcome to join no matter where in the roleplay we currently are.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Celestial on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:49 pm

As far as romances go, I never plan out a romance. I like to really get into roleplaying and genuinely react as my character would to dialogue or a love/relationship's dynamic growth. That is probably just me though. :P

As for as my character goes right now, he would not be so opposed to a romance in a sense, but his introverted thought mixed with his opinionated mind would just make it difficult for anyone to want to romance, in any way. Any way it goes, however, I plan for him to interact with everyone and build good or bad relationships individually instead of diverging into interaction groups in the roleplay as I see it happen many times. When that happens, it takes a way from the community aspect of roleplays and overall limits the story.

Just throwing the thought in there. lol

Mr.Celestial
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:14 pm

@Mr. Celestial, I agree with that. I was just saying to keep in mind that it may not happen with everyone's character since the balance is a little off...and that I'm at least not opposed if a love triangle does pop up =) Also the first post is up! And just like the character sheet you don't have to follow the same "post set-up" that I've done.

Fredalice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyramids on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:26 am

*reads thread and realizes his male, heterosexual character just added to the problem*

Sorry guys. lol

Pyramids
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!