Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hogwarts: A New School

Hogwarts Locations and Layout

a part of “Hogwarts: A New School”, a fictional universe by Mr. Baneling Squishy.

Hogwarts has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. Its a new year, and all the damage done during the battle of Hogwarts has been rebuilt. So, are you first years ready for a totally new school?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hogwarts: A New School”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Hogwarts Locations and Layout

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:41 am

I am going for at least as close as cannon as I can get if not exactly right, though keep in mind thanks to the battle some stuff was added on/remodeled. I am using my combined knowledge from both the books and the movies. Any and all suggestions can be PMed to me.

If anything is not listed here, then it was not affected by the rebuilding. Like the Great Hall, it was repaired back to its old self, as well as the entrance hall.

Dormitories: Not much changed, they are all in their original locations. Gryphindor tower is slightly bigger, but otherwise in itself unchanged.

Now, to add as much detail as possible though, I have decided to draw detail to what we did not see, what was mentioned very little, and what should be there whether it was or was not.

1: There is in fact charms in place to prevent boys from entering the girls side, but no vice versa. For those of you who did not know this, I thought you should. So yes, girls can enter boys side, boys cannot enter girls side. Sexist Founders....
2: There are multiple levels to the common room. That is something I invented, as well as making each one larger, because I always wondered how they could even possibly fit everyone.
3: Some of you may want to have this subject avoided. Others may have been extremely curious. The whole Bathrooms thing. Mostly the bath part. All Bathrooms with actual baths will be based on the Prefects Bathroom, since A: I have no other sources to go on, and B: Given the old timey feel of Hogwarts, and my doubts anyone fought in a bathroom, probably makes the most sense. That said, unlike the Prefects Bathroom, yes there are specified ones for each gender. Unfortunately, since Gryphindor Tower is actually impossible to fit one into, I am assuming that all the Baths are not seperated by house (which is actually confirmed, or at least highly suggested, by the fact the Laundry Room is not either, by Hermione in Chamber of Secrets when she stole Slytherine Robes). So, each Bathroom has different storage sections that can only be opened by someone who has stuff in it, to prevent theft and what not.
4: In other, better news, each house dorm has a bunch of various games and what not. There is at least one if not more storage rooms for this.

Okay, now onto other parts of the Castle.

Hallways:

There are secret and hidden passageways all throughout HOgwarts, even more then last time. The castle's interior is actually much larger then its exterior, and entire sections of the castle are sealed away. Lets see if you can find them all....

Dr Lune's Classroom:

Dr. Lune's classroom is impossible to describe, because it changes to meet whatever lesson he teaches. It can even temporarily alter any object brought into it, or even make them appear and disappear as well as create new objects all together. While it might seem like his class is unneeded, not only does it add variety to the day, but it lets you learn a broud array of things and skills. Maybe one day, the lesson will be Ballroom Dancing, and the next, how to fight underwater, and the next, Solutions on how to fight a Dark Wizard while wearing a dress, to escaping a troll with no wand naked. Most of his students, despite the fact his lessons tend to be embarressing quite a few times, usually end up liking the class by the end of the year, and quite a few mention how they actually found practical uses for his lessons.

They just also mention to make sure you are prepared for everything and anything. Because he tends to be extreme sometimes.

The Athtorium: This is one of the new additions, because if Hogwarts learned anything, its that magical prowess alone is not enough. If someone had bothered to give Neville fencing lessons, just think about how quickly the battle would have been over! So, in additional to classes, students are advised to attend the Athtorium. Its not a required class, but its been noted that students that don't make time to go there tend to do worse, since going there awards a small number of bonus points to each exam and test. Not enough to make a big difference, but enough to get from a Poor to an Average or an Excelent to a Perfect.

The Athtorium has its own set of changing rooms, communal shower/bath rooms, and equipment storage rooms. Only non-broom sports and activities are done here.

Plus, it gives the Dueling club a place to practice that does not involve standing on the damn tables!

The Dungeons: To say that th Dungeons got reconfigured is an understatement. The place is a maze, most of it is unexplored now after it was rebuilt, and its well known that most of the place is infested with something or another. It is recommended never to travel alone down there, even when heading to and from Potions class.

Secrets: Sorry, but the most interesting stuff has to be discovered! I have a lot of surprises in store!
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!