Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Wolves of Drodor

The Wolves of Drodor

a part of “The Wolves of Drodor”, a fictional universe by Beau<3.

Four children yanked from time are thrust into the middle of a medieval war for a land foreign to them, and the winning side wants them dead.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Wolves of Drodor”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Wolves of Drodor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:53 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Wolves of Drodor"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Wolves of Drodor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:58 pm

This rpg has certainly caught my interest and I have read everything I can read. I noticed the rule where you said you wanted people to talk to you first Beau before creating a profile. When you said you wanted the gifted to be from different timelines, you meant Earth timelines right? I was thinking of taking one of the gifted since they seem to be the most important character slots filled atm. My initial thought was that there should be a 'healer' out of the group. What timeline, I am honestly not sure yet. If I am able to, I wouldn't mind taking of a 2nd character at one point and making it part of Midas's Wolf group.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:46 am

Zodia195 wrote:This rpg has certainly caught my interest and I have read everything I can read. I noticed the rule where you said you wanted people to talk to you first Beau before creating a profile. When you said you wanted the gifted to be from different timelines, you meant Earth timelines right? I was thinking of taking one of the gifted since they seem to be the most important character slots filled atm. My initial thought was that there should be a 'healer' out of the group. What timeline, I am honestly not sure yet. If I am able to, I wouldn't mind taking of a 2nd character at one point and making it part of Midas's Wolf group.

Yes! I meant earth timelines, lol. A healer sounds like a good idea but it also seems like something that would possibly make things seem cheat-ish a little, it could take the constant threat of death away is what I mean. Though if we need to off a character we could possibly work around that, by putting limiters on her healing ability. The thing is though these powers that the four have are supposed to scare an undefeated Emperor. But maybe we can play off of that expectation, make it something where she's underestimated a lot etc. It could be interesting. I'll tell you what, go ahead and apply with that in mind and if I fall in love with the character I'll just have to have you on board! :) I'm always a sucker for great, well written characters.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:17 pm

Hmmm, good point. Actually I came up with another idea now. How about she has (yes it will be a female character), she have the ability to influence the emotions of others based around how she herself feels and sometimes thinks? Than can be a very dangerous ability. But as a side affect (I do believe in balance), it can effect her in a negative sense too. I really do enjoy creating complex characters and the idea of creating someone with a 'mask' always appeals to me, like I want my character she show only a certain part of herself and hide the rest.

I don't know if you mentioned this, but will the Gifted Four have abilities prior to coming to that world or do they get them after getting there? I ask because this will affect my character's background.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Zodia195 wrote:Hmmm, good point. Actually I came up with another idea now. How about she has (yes it will be a female character), she have the ability to influence the emotions of others based around how she herself feels and sometimes thinks? Than can be a very dangerous ability. But as a side affect (I do believe in balance), it can effect her in a negative sense too. I really do enjoy creating complex characters and the idea of creating someone with a 'mask' always appeals to me, like I want my character she show only a certain part of herself and hide the rest.

I don't know if you mentioned this, but will the Gifted Four have abilities prior to coming to that world or do they get them after getting there? I ask because this will affect my character's background.

See that power would be a bit too passive, and we don't want any of our heroes to be nefarious, or at least that's what I assume you're getting at when you say two-faced, unless you simply mean introverted? A healer would be the better option of the two.

I don't think I did mention it now that you ask, and the answer is no, they wouldn't have had powers. Being brought to this new world gives them their gift. Where they're from there is no such thing as magic technically.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SarcasticZombie on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Okay so like I mentioned back on your interest check I'd like to make a girl from 1700 Scotland if that's still okay? I think I want her gift to he that of creating/manipulating plants. Think like Poison Ivy kind of? Would that be okay? Either that or Probability Bolt Projection? What do you think?

SarcasticZombie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:23 pm

SarcasticZombie wrote:Okay so like I mentioned back on your interest check I'd like to make a girl from 1700 Scotland if that's still okay? I think I want her gift to he that of creating/manipulating plants. Think like Poison Ivy kind of? Would that be okay? Either that or Probability Bolt Projection? What do you think?

I'm a huge fan of scarlet witch so that tells you my bias! But you should choose whatever you'd be most happy with.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Hello, this looks really cool!

I love high action fantasy role plays :P

If possible please could I make a character of one of the four children?

I have no gender preference so if you feel I should make a girl/boy just let me know and I'll roll with either :)

For a power, I was thinking along the lines of summoning? It would involve being able to summon any weapon/object to my character at will no matter where they are. However, the catch would be that they can only summon objects that they have seen and know the exact location it currently resides to summon it from.

I'd like my character to be from a warring period which still used swords etc for weapons but guns were a new weapon still establishing in culture. Perhaps from the early victorian era?

EDIT **

Some thoughts on the power! The summoning gift could also relate to summoning other people but only a projection of a person (not their physical self) for communication. This may also be able to flip the other way in that the character can also appear to others for a short time?
Last edited by Lolkatlove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Hi! The concept for your story seemed quite captivating, and I was interested in creating a male character for the gifted, and a female character from the wolves. My only concern is around how soon you'd like to get this off the ground. I can probably get you the character sheets by tomorrow, but I'm leaving to go on vacation Saturday, and will be gone for a week. After that though, my summer is wide open on free time to write, and I really am interested in this project. I just wanted to let you know that upfront.

The concept I had in mind for the male gifted character was this 1950's grease monkey with a power relating to lightning. I see him being snarky, possibly a bit comedic, and slow to accept where he is and his role in the prophecy.

The idea I had for the female wolf of Drodor related to her having tracking abilities that would make her invaluable in the hunt for Lady Ophelia and the the four gifted. I also envisioned her being a zealous believer in the emperor's cause, raised from poverty to serve a higher, glorious cause to create a united empire. Because of this, I can see her taking Ophelia's desertion somewhat personally, making her a viciously motivated pursuer of the heroes.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Okay this looks interesting and I'd love to make a character, I'm actually thinking gof making two. One gifted, and another a realitivly recent addition to the wolf pack. I already of some ideas and I saw you wanted us to get your approval for the general character ideas so I'll list what I've come up with here and just go with whatever you approve of most.

My first idea is a gifted child from France probably during the 1800s. I was thinking he would be the child of a clockmaker and his gift would be the abilty to control time in varios ways. I know you want them to have powerful gifts and at the time thats the strongest thing I could come up with but if you think its to overpowered as time manipulators often are thats alright too.

My next idea would be a gifted with the gift of teleportation, and just be able to appear in different places kinda like Nightcrawler from the X-men. Not sure on his timeline yet though. I know its not the most terrfyng thing but I can imagine a king like Midas rightly freaking out over a guy who can just pop up in his castle whenever he wants.

My third and final idea is a wolf pack member that can communicate and control wolves. I kinda like the idea of him sorta being raised by wolves first for a bit and then brought into the Wolf Pack later in his life.

I also had an idea about a gifted that could manipulate plants but I saw that another prospective player also had that idea so I'll scrap that right now.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Lolkatlove wrote:Hello, this looks really cool!

I love high action fantasy role plays :P

If possible please could I make a character of one of the four children?

I have no gender preference so if you feel I should make a girl/boy just let me know and I'll roll with either :)

For a power, I was thinking along the lines of summoning? It would involve being able to summon any weapon/object to my character at will no matter where they are. However, the catch would be that they can only summon objects that they have seen and know the exact location it currently resides to summon it from.

I'd like my character to be from a warring period which still used swords etc for weapons but guns were a new weapon still establishing in culture. Perhaps from the early victorian era?

Up to you, just make it good! As for the power, I'm afraid that's a no-go, it's not very in-line with the sort of magic in the rp. The era sounds confused? In the early Victorian age weren't guns already established?

Kohananinja wrote:Hi! The concept for your story seemed quite captivating, and I was interested in creating a male character for the gifted, and a female character from the wolves. My only concern is around how soon you'd like to get this off the ground. I can probably get you the character sheets by tomorrow, but I'm leaving to go on vacation Saturday, and will be gone for a week. After that though, my summer is wide open on free time to write, and I really am interested in this project. I just wanted to let you know that upfront.

The concept I had in mind for the male gifted character was this 1950's grease monkey with a power relating to lightning. I see him being snarky, possibly a bit comedic, and slow to accept where he is and his role in the prophecy.

The idea I had for the female wolf of Drodor related to her having tracking abilities that would make her invaluable in the hunt for Lady Ophelia and the the four gifted. I also envisioned her being a zealous believer in the emperor's cause, raised from poverty to serve a higher, glorious cause to create a united empire. Because of this, I can see her taking Ophelia's desertion somewhat personally, making her a viciously motivated pursuer of the heroes.

Both of those concepts sounds amazing! I look forward to seeing them. As for your schedule, I don't know when we'll get everything up, I'm willing to wait a week though. A week sounds about right to give everyone to finish their character sheet and plot a little no?

Blueshadow wrote:Okay this looks interesting and I'd love to make a character, I'm actually thinking gof making two. One gifted, and another a realitivly recent addition to the wolf pack. I already of some ideas and I saw you wanted us to get your approval for the general character ideas so I'll list what I've come up with here and just go with whatever you approve of most.

My first idea is a gifted child from France probably during the 1800s. I was thinking he would be the child of a clockmaker and his gift would be the abilty to control time in varios ways. I know you want them to have powerful gifts and at the time thats the strongest thing I could come up with but if you think its to overpowered as time manipulators often are thats alright too.

My next idea would be a gifted with the gift of teleportation, and just be able to appear in different places kinda like Nightcrawler from the X-men. Not sure on his timeline yet though. I know its not the most terrfyng thing but I can imagine a king like Midas rightly freaking out over a guy who can just pop up in his castle whenever he wants.

My third and final idea is a wolf pack member that can communicate and control wolves. I kinda like the idea of him sorta being raised by wolves first for a bit and then brought into the Wolf Pack later in his life.

I also had an idea about a gifted that could manipulate plants but I saw that another prospective player also had that idea so I'll scrap that right now.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, time control is a bit too vague, tell me what they'd be able to do specifically. For instance messing with time on a large scale would be a no-go, but being able to freeze people or make them go slow motion could work? Overall though time would be a tricky thing to work with, if you can see if any other more direct and solid sort of power peaks your interest.

Teleportation would be too powerful a gift for a wolf. Speaking with and controlling wolves sounds like it could be very useful for the wolves of drodor! So that's a solid idea, however the whole point of taking the gifted as children is to indoctrinate them into loyalty to the Emperor, so I'd like to work out his history via pm if you want to go a different route from that.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:16 pm

So teleportation for a member of the wolf pack is a no go got it. But what if it wasa gift for one of the children of the prophecy? Would that work because I agree that time control may not be a bit to intangible to work in effectively but I was hoping to also play one of the children if at all possible. though if teleportation isn't a good idea then what about the child having invisiblity as their power instead? Too powerful, not powerful enough what do you think?

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Blueshadow wrote:So teleportation for a member of the wolf pack is a no go got it. But what if it wasa gift for one of the children of the prophecy? Would that work because I agree that time control may not be a bit to intangible to work in effectively but I was hoping to also play one of the children if at all possible. though if teleportation isn't a good idea then what about the child having invisiblity as their power instead? Too powerful, not powerful enough what do you think?

See I don't think that's powerful enough for a gifted chosen, I did think about suggesting that but it wouldn't work. Any other powers you like?

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Awesome! I'll get working on them then. Also, for my wolf character, would it be too much of a stretch to put down in the history portion that Ophelia was one of the wolves who took her as a child, since her profile mentions Ophelia took part in that particular duty? It's not integral to the character as a whole, but I thought it could eventually provide a fun mentor/guilt angle to play with later if we wanted to.

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:26 pm

Hm not at the moment kind of blanking on anything else right now but thats fine! I think I'll just stick with the Wolf right now!

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Hello,

you are correct! (thats not researching my history for you!)

Okay, so ive had some thought, I would be interested in making a character from the 13th century possibly from China. (no set decisions on the country yet) but I I have in mind that they will be adept with a sword and familiar with battle. I'd like to make them 23 years old.

On the power, okidoke! I have a few other ideas see which you like? (I have a few of them!)

Gravity Manipulation:
Ability to control how hard gravity is being used in a limited area.
~ Emphasis on limited area. It is a radius of 20 feet.
- This could either make it extremely difficult for enemies to move under heavy gravity or enable my character to jump through the air when gravity is lightened.

Power Mimicry or Absorption:
Ability to copy or absorb another's powers or skills.
~ Takes a lot of physical power to do, leaves you weak after.

Power Negation:
Ability to cancel the superpowers of others.
~ leaves you weak after,
~ Could act as a radious effect

Magnetism manipulation:
Ability to control and/or generate magnetic fields.
~ Limited to a 50 foot radius around them.
- would mean any thing magnetic (i.e most metals) would be pulled into their magnetic field.

Fire and heat manipulation:
Ability to control the kinetic energy of atoms to generate, control or absorb fire.
- was thinking they could create fire in the palms of their hands and apply it to objects to create i.e flaming sword
- maybe even be able to breath fire like a dragon when they have built up enough energy

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:43 pm

Kohananinja wrote:Awesome! I'll get working on them then. Also, for my wolf character, would it be too much of a stretch to put down in the history portion that Ophelia was one of the wolves who took her as a child, since her profile mentions Ophelia took part in that particular duty? It's not integral to the character as a whole, but I thought it could eventually provide a fun mentor/guilt angle to play with later if we wanted to.

It does say that? I don't recall writing that down but incidentally that's something that can happen definitely. She's head of the whole pack but probably had a few key ppl she took under her wing specifically to help train. I'd love a whole guilty mentor thing that's deliciously angsty! I love your character already this is such a good idea.

Blueshadow wrote:Hm not at the moment kind of blanking on anything else right now but thats fine! I think I'll just stick with the Wolf right now!

Alright then!

Lolkatlove wrote:Hello,

you are correct! (thats not researching my history for you!)

Okay, so ive had some thought, I would be interested in making a character from the 13th century possibly from China. (no set decisions on the country yet) but I I have in mind that they will be adept with a sword and familiar with battle. I'd like to make them 23 years old.

On the power, okidoke! I have a few other ideas see which you like? (I have a few of them!)

Gravity Manipulation:
Ability to control how hard gravity is being used in a limited area.
~ Emphasis on limited area. It is a radius of 20 feet.
- This could either make it extremely difficult for enemies to move under heavy gravity or enable my character to jump through the air when gravity is lightened.

Power Mimicry or Absorption:
Ability to copy or absorb another's powers or skills.
~ Takes a lot of physical power to do, leaves you weak after.

Power Negation:
Ability to cancel the superpowers of others.
~ leaves you weak after,
~ Could act as a radious effect

Magnetism manipulation:
Ability to control and/or generate magnetic fields.
~ Limited to a 50 foot radius around them.
- would mean any thing magnetic (i.e most metals) would be pulled into their magnetic field.

Fire and heat manipulation:
Ability to control the kinetic energy of atoms to generate, control or absorb fire.
- was thinking they could create fire in the palms of their hands and apply it to objects to create i.e flaming sword
- maybe even be able to breath fire like a dragon when they have built up enough energy

Sounds good, just make sure any timeline + country you choose is something you're very familiar with. I like the idea of the gravity power it sounds cool. No power mimicry because everyone except the other three will have very small powers, no power negation that'll do little to stop an army or any of the wolves for that matter, and we have someone else interesting in a lighting type character so fire and heat manipulation would be too close to that. If you also just cut the chase and have your character manipulate metal instead of just magnetism that could be very useful against the sword wielding enemies.

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lolkatlove on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:51 pm

awesomeness !!

to be honest the gravity idea was my second favourite over summoning. Its something i've wanted to try for a while now. Some inspiration came from : http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Gravity_Manipulation
which I may divulge from for some more niches my character can do with gravity.

I think i'm inching towards making a female character, but again i'm open to making a guy if needed for gender equality :)

Lolkatlove
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohananinja on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:56 pm

Sorry, I just read it wrong. The part where it said she was responsible for other children just meant leadership. For some reason my mind jumped to responsible for bringing in other children. If you're cool with it though, I'll run with that angle!

Kohananinja
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beau<3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Lolkatlove wrote:awesomeness !!

to be honest the gravity idea was my second favourite over summoning. Its something i've wanted to try for a while now. Some inspiration came from :
which I may divulge from for some more niches my character can do with gravity.

I think i'm inching towards making a female character, but again i'm open to making a guy if needed for gender equality :)

I'm not so concerned with gender of characters as I am with quality, so if a female is what you want then by all means!

Kohananinja wrote:Sorry, I just read it wrong. The part where it said she was responsible for other children just meant leadership. For some reason my mind jumped to responsible for bringing in other children. If you're cool with it though, I'll run with that angle!

I'm cool with it! :)

Beau<3
Member for 8 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!