Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trapped In My Own Broken World ((IC))

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Trapped In My Own Broken World ((IC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lifeordeath on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:43 pm

The airport was busy as November had expected. It was the beginning of summer and everyone was heading out to visit and take their vacations. The bustling airport seemed overly busy this year. She moved through customs, customer service, and baggage check as fast as she could. She was flipping through the pages of her book while she waited in her chair for them to call her plane. "Plane 583 going to Rome, Italy is now boarding" echoed over the intercom and Em closed her book heading for the ticket check line. She didn't really know anyone that she saw standing around the area but then again, she didn't know a lot of people. She was one of the first people on the plane.

Stuffing her bag into the overhead compartments, she took her seat, making herself comfortable. She didn't like flying yet every summer, she took a trip somewhere in Italy. Her knees were pressed against the back of the seat in front of her as she read the book she had. She glanced up occasionally as people passed by her seat waiting to figure out who she was sitting with. The only thing she hated more than flying was flying with the fat and elderly next to her. The wider people squished you and the old people never stopped with the "When I was your age.." or the "Back in my day.." stories.
Last edited by lifeordeath on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love me forever; as long as the sky is bright, as long as the world revolves, and as long as I can breathe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lifeordeath
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Trapped In My Own Broken World ((IC))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 pm

Kristian discovered soon after entering the terminal that she would dislike flying almost as much as she disliked high school. It was loud, cramped, and filled with people whose enthusiasm couldn't be more fake. Makeing her way onto the plane, a small backpack adorning her back as a carry on, she paused besides her seat, noticeing a young woman had already been placed in the one besides her. Takeing her backpack from her bag, being sure to grab her iPod in the process, she carefully shoved it into the rack over head before taking her seat besides the girl. Kris had been hesitant about saying anything, but seeing as the girl appeared to be about her age, she figured it couldn't hurt.

Sliding easily into the seat, adjusting her overly sized plade shirt, Kristian nodded in the girl's direction, noticeing her book.

"Hey."

Kris was one for simple chat. Made her feel less out there, less exposed. Though 'Hey' may have seemed a bit too simple, it worked for Kris.
Proud mommy of Eli James.
Born June 15, 2015.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ariki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lifeordeath on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:12 pm

November glanced up from her book to Kristian. She seemed okay. "Hey, do you happen to know who else is sitting with us?" November wasn't really much for a small amount of talking and tended to be blunt. She looked pointedly to the empty chair on her right. She sighs, "I have always hated sitting in the middle." She mumbles to herself as she looks back at her book, "At least your not fat or old."

She looks back to the girl waiting for a response.
Last edited by lifeordeath on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

lifeordeath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Kristian couldn't help but laugh at the way the girl bluntly stated her happiness in Kris's youth and slenderness. Shaking her head some, Kristian leaned in some, trying to keep their conversation secret from the flight attendents passing by.

"Although I can't be certain who will be joinging us on this fun flight, I can easily take your seat. Ya know, relieve you from the dreaded middle?"

Kristian wouldn't be surprised if the young woman flitted away from Kris's behavior or actions. Most tended too. Either way, Kris was fine with it. She was used to being seen as odd or eccentric. As long as she was being herself, she didn't care much.

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lifeordeath on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Em glances around quickly, biting her plump bottom lip and running her fingers through her messy blonde hair. She looks back to notice that the girl next to her was a lot closer than before. "Although I can't be certain who will be joining us on this fun flight, I can easily take your seat. Ya know, relieve you from the dreaded middle?" the girl said. November shrugs showing she doesn't really care. She was quite content in her seat, but if someone came along and sat next to her and pissed her off, she was most definitely going to switch seats.

"I'll have to see who sits next to us. I don't really mind right now but you never know. I could meet my soul mate on this plane and if I switch seats, I'll ruin it." She glances around the plane again at the people still coming to their seats and hoped that one would sit next to her soon and alleviate some of the awkwardness she felt. "What's your name anyways?"
Last edited by lifeordeath on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

lifeordeath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Shrugging some, Kris went back to her natural sitting position, resting her head back as she adjusted the headphones of her iPod, prepareing to plug her ears with the sounds of her most cherished bands. The awkwardness that filtered from the girl's body didn't surprise Kris. It was a reaction she recieved a good bit of the time.

"Kris. Your's?"

Looking to her right, resting her chin on her shoulder, an earbud in her opposeing ear, she waited patiently for the girl to respond, her fingers absently going to the strand of necklaces adorning her neck.

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby star_kid on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Danny felt annoyed that his Uncle wouldn't let him fly in their own private jet, seeing it more fit that he try to live with the less fortunate or middle-class. In any other affair, he probably didn't mind flying in any other form but his mission was important and needed a lot of care and precise actions to ensure its success. With a gruff sigh, he got out of his car parked out in the parking lot and slung his bag over his shoulder, candid black shades protecting his gray eyes from the sun.

He walked into the airport, quick and swift like he just slipped in and nobody bothered, which in this case was what did happen - being related to a diplomat had its perks. He turned his head at the intercom's voice informing him of his flight and followed suit, walking into air plane and sitting a chair behind two girls engrossed in a conversation. He raised an eyebrow dismissively before taking the chair next to the window, not even bothering if that was supposed to be his or not. He didn't particularly care anyway and dropped his bag over his feet as he looked outside the window, anticipating lift off.
All I'm hoping for is one
Image[F]alling [S]tarImage
to wish for you everyday!

star_kid
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Faith didn't like airports. She didn't like being stuck on a plane for hours, surrounded by strangers, crying children, and everything else. She had a phobia of flying as a child, but she was a lot better now... she hoped.

She got through check ins fairly quick, considering the time of year being so popular for travel and such. She only had a small carry on bag, fortunately for her. Excitement was evident on her features; after all, she was going to Rome. She couldn't help but smile as she started to board the plane.

Breathing in and out, she stepped onto the airplane, greeted by a an overly cheery flight attendant. Looking down the aisle, most of the window seats were already taken, so she just sighed and slumped into the seat beside Danny. She was a bit awkward about it, but at least he seemed less creepy than some of the others she would have had to sit with. She threw him a small smile.
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lifeordeath on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:05 am

"Em," she tells her. She noticed the young man that looked to be about her age take a seat near to them. He didn't look to as if he wanted to be bothered so she turned back to her book. Really, he seemed smug and unwilling to talk to anyone around here. Her eyes flit along the lines of the pages. Though, inconspicuously she continues to glance at the boy from her periphery. Sighing, she ignores everyone around her, reading the boring book she had taken from her the library in her house.

As a flight attendant came by she asked for a water to satisfy her thirst. When she dropped off the water, she glances around. November notices another girl has taken a seat behind her and Kris. November then glued her eyes to the pages of the book and sipped her water occasionally. She gave the hint to Kris that she felt no more need to speak with her.

lifeordeath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby star_kid on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:16 am

Danny watched the people pile in from the window, assessing their objectives and what not out of boredom. He was in a rush, and in this rush, he did not realize that he would be one of the early birds in the plane, another reason why he hated riding on a public accessed vehicle such as this one for something as important as this.

If the plane didn't start going, he might lose his cool and end up screaming at the pilot to take off. Who he was sure wouldn't, and might have even to an extent been warned by his Uncle for his sudden outbursts and force him back in his seat. An annoyed expression took over his face at the thought, which further crunched up into exasperated disappointment when the seat next to him was occupied.

He nodded nonchalantly to her smile and slumped into his seat, before resting his chin over his palm to stare out the window again. "When the hell is this taking off?"he growled to no one in particular, beneath his breath.

star_kid
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lifeordeath on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:35 am

Ember hears Danny's complaints and rolls her eyes. She already didn't like him and he was going to make it worse by complaining about the take off. He must think he rules the world. Every plane takes forever to take off. Besides, all the passengers haven't boarded yet. There was still a bunch of people filing onto the plane from delayed boarding. She felt like mumbling something to the affect of, "Your will is my command." She held her tongue though.

She closes her book with an exasperated drawn out sigh. She watches the mothers scold the misbehaving children and knows exactly how the children feel. She focuses on an elderly couple as she looks to her far left. Although she hated flying with them, as long as they were far away, they were cute. She lets her head fall back onto her head rest as she stares at the ceiling of the plane.

lifeordeath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demetrious on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:08 am

Ryan, having just boarded the plane, advanced down the aisle checking the seat numbers against the one on his ticket. Locating it, he found it was already occupied by a sullen-looking boy staring out the window. Ryan did a mental shrug- he didn't much care- and pulled his book out of his backpack before stuffing it in the overhead bin.

He noticed the girl sitting in front of him sigh and close her book, and Ryan decided some conversation would be nice to break the monotony of the pre-takeoff wait. "What'cha reading, there?" he asked her. He waved his own book for emphasis. "I've got a three-story science-fiction anthology. Don't know if it'll last all the way to Italy, though."
Last edited by Demetrious on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are.
--William Tecumseh Sherman

"I still have thirteen ships. As long as I am alive, the enemies will never gain the Western Sea."
--Admiral Yi Soon-Shin, shortly before destroying 300 enemy warships

Demetrious
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twidiver182 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:22 am

Chris walked into the plain station he was late and his plain to Rome was about to leave, he dragged his suit case along the ground and quickly got it checked off and they took it away, "Are you gonna take your guitar onto the plain with you or do you want us to put it into the large item compartment?" the helper asked.
Chris sighed, "Ill take it onto the plain, if that's alright?" he said then walked into the next part of the station and went through the scanner, "Hay, come over here," a security guard said, Chris looked at the guard surprised, was there something wrong with him? dah, he answered his own question.
The Security guard had a metal detector, and went over Chris's with it, then it biped.
"Okay your fine," the guard smiled at Chris.
Chris looked at the guard with a confused face then shook his head and walked out and there was a short line that lead him onto the plain, he walked on and looked around for his seat.
He slid his guitar into the bag holder above there heads, and then sat back down on the window side, wondering who would be sitting next to him, he looked in front of him and saw a guy showing a girl a book, and sighed, nerd he thought, he wasn't much of a reader, or a fan of thick books, then looked out the window waiting for someone to sit next to him
Some people blame our genaration, but have they ever stoped to think that they were the ones who raised us?

Twidiver182
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lifeordeath on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:54 am

Em glances in the boy's direction. "Dean Koontz, Shadowfires. Mystery romance," she says quietly. She glances around the plane, the boy's energy making her slightly nervous. She bites her lip, almost drawing blood and running her fingers through her hair. She was slightly put off by this boy. He was too in-your-face for November. Continuing her search for someone to help her out with a distraction for this boy, her eyes fall on the teens around her. Kristian, Danny, Faith, Chris, and finally Ryan.

She plasters on a fake smile as the pilot's voice comes over the loud speaker. "Ladies and gentlemen, the flight is about to take off, please fasten your seat belts and enjoy your flight with AE Airlines." Ryan was behind her so it was easy to blow him off and turn around to buckle her seat belt. The plane began to move and November sighs happily. "Thank God," she mumbles under her breath.

lifeordeath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Demetrious on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:32 am

Ryan just shrugged, dropped into his seat, and cracked his book. "Dean Koontz is a suspense writer, not a goddamn mystery/romance writer," he said sourly as he cracked his book. It wouldn't be easy to focus on the story while the plane taxied to the gate and fired up for takeoff, but with Mr. Brooding Darkly in his window seat, it wasn't like he could enjoy the view. The trip was off to a fantastic start, as always.

He slammed his book shut in disgust and jammed it in his backpack. The whole thing had made him think of Jessica again, and thinking of Jessica made him angry, no matter where he was or what he was doing. No petulant skulking anger, this- it was righteous and cold.

That's why he was taking this trip, of course- to shake off that growling spirit of chilly anger somewhere in the warm sun and vibrant beaches of Italy. Or, that's what his family thought. Personally, Ryan doubted it'd work out. Some things just ran too deep to be shaken by anything but time.

Demetrious
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twidiver182 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:24 am

Chrises ears squeezed as the plain took off, looked like no one was going to sit next to him so he would just talk to the girl in front if he got bored, but the guy in front of her was scearying him, in ways, he chuckled and lifted up his legs and rested them on the seat next to him and put his ipod in his ears and started singing quietly one of his songs,
"Janedoe, i dont think i now you but i no for shore that i could get to no you," he kept singing quietly, he poled out some tropical gum and popped a peace in his mouth

Twidiver182
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby star_kid on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:20 am

OOC: So who am I sitting beside/behind with?

Danny looked away from the window to see a few pairs of disapproving eyes, not that it mattered to him what they thought. He was too much more liberty then they had still, that much he was assured of. He couldn't resist a smug smirk on his face at the satisfaction of seeing other people in the same torturous state as he was.

He watched the annoyance seep in between the two reading occupants close to where he took a seat and looked away to smile with pleasure. Misery, does indeed, love company. Feeling bored and lacking of anythhing better to do,he bends down and fumbles in his backpack for the poetry book his mother had bought for him for this occasion.

He pulled out a black colored paper cover with silver letters embossed in the front that read: Poetry and Works of William Blake. He knew he didn't look like one who read such beautiful literature as this was, but he didn't care. He always found it interesting, and since neither of his relatives back home did, maybe his father would share the same interest with him. He looked up at the announcement of taking-off and waited patiently in his seat, since he had no choice, and began to read the contents of the book, savoring each word one by one.

star_kid
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:14 am

(OOC: Um... yeah, is everyone reading through posts thoroughly? I don't even know who's sitting by me. Lol.)

Faith looked into her lap, stuck in between the two guys, both of them reading. Why hadn't she thought of a book to bring? Oh wait! She did. She tried to be quick, snatching her bag and setting it on her knees. She rummaged around until she pulled out a couple of books.

One was titled, Romeo & Juliet, the other A Midsummer Night's Dream. She mused about how her mom had bought them for her when she went through her whole romance novel stage. Unable to help herself from slightly laughing, she opened up R&J and read silently to herself.

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lifeordeath on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:53 pm

OOC: I do believe it's Kristian & Em, then behind them it's Danny & Faith & Ryan, then behind them is Chris.

"Screw off," she told Ryan as he corrected her. She made her middle finger visible between the head rests of her seat and the empty one next to her. The girl behind Em laughed and Ember rolled her eyes, thinking she was laughing at the finger between the seats. Reaching below her, she remembered she had stowed her bag in the overhead compartment and now she couldn't get it until the plane leveled. She looked around her again at the teens.

She knew the book that Danny held well, her own copy was tattered and worn from the use though. Of course, she never really thought that she would ever see him reading a book like that. She glanced to Faith who was absorbed in her own book. Then to Kristian who was just sitting there. November was naturally curious and she continuously glanced around her surroundings, absorbing all the changing occurrences. Her eyes never made it back to Ryan though. He made her mad and she didn't really care for people with a bad first impression.

lifeordeath
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ariki on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Kristian hadn't really paid much attention to anything happening around her. She was currently absorbed in the mellow sounds of Death Cab for Cutie, the acoustic solos and the sweet sound of Benjamin Gibbard's voice bringing peace to her anxious persona. Pressing her fingers to her neck, she toyed at the chains that brushed her pale skin, flinching as her fingertips brushed over one of the bruises that had yet to heal. Lifting her head and slowly pulling down the sleeve of her shirt, she analyzed the deep purple and black injury. She could faintly make out the deeper hues where Rob's knuckles had cracked against her shoulder. Gently rubbing her fingers over the reminder of her past, she exhaled slowly as her fingers shut off the small musical device, removing the earbuds from her ears. Music was something that she and Rob both enjoyed; something she couldn't be around once the memories came flooding back.

Lifting herself from the seat, Kris shoved her iPod in her pocket before they trailed to her back pocket, removing a small notepad from it's folds. Taking the inkpen she held behind her ear, she began to hum soft melodies to herself, imagining her guitar in her lap, the words forming in her head and finding their way to the paper. Listening to music may have pained her at times, but composeing it made her feel in control of what was being heard, something she had grown to appreciate. As the sweet melodies began to openly flow from her lips, she peered out of her window as she tapped the pen against the pad. The sooner the plane leveled, the sooner she could move around and get her blood flowing.

Ariki
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!