Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Trivial-Turbulence's Partner Search

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Trivial-Turbulence's Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby trivial-turbulence on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey there!

This is Trivial-Turbulence looking for one or more role playing partners to RP with! I really love original RPs, but I'm pretty down for a lot of Fan role-playing too.

Topics

These are some of the things I would personally be interested in roleplaying. If you have your own ideas, then please run them by me... I'm pretty good as coming up with plots, so don't worry about that if it's not your thing. I've bolded the ones that I'm particularly fond of. So here we go:

Fan-Based

Batman
(I'm a HUGE fan of this, so I'm down with whatever - Nolan, animated Series, comics, OCs, no OCs, AUs, ect.)

DC Comics

The Avengers

Sherlock Holmes
(BBC or The Original... no Elementary, sorry.)

Team Fortress 2

Supernatural

Psych

Bones

Adventure Time

Harry Potter

Good Omens

Charlie Bone

Original

Medieval

Victorian

Elizabethan

20th Century Period
(Specifically the 20s and 30s, but also the 40s and 50s)

Steampunk

SciFi

Fantasy

Pirates
(in association with any of the previous)

Horror

Clans
(Dragons, wolves, Vampires)

Wonderland
(I consider this original because of how much can be done with it)

Oz
(same as above)

Some Things You Should Know...

1) You must be a decent writer. I don't expect an above-average vocabulary, but I do expect good descriptions and storytelling, as well as developed, balanced Characters.

2) You must be able to respond with at LEAST a small paragraph, if you can't match (or nearly match, I'm not expecting an exact word count) the previous post. I understand that it's not always possible to match and I, personally, have a habit of going on sometimes. However, I do expect a consistent paragraph length.

3) I will play anyone. Of any sex, gender, sexuality, age, height, weight - whatever. The only exception to this is if I'm playing a character in a Fan RP that I am not comfortable with playing due to a lack of knowledge, but for many of those I have posted, that is a rare occurrence because those are fandoms I know pretty bloody well.

4) If, in a fan-based RP you do not know if you can accurately play the character DON't. UNLESS it is your first time playing them and you really want to give it a serious try.

5) I do prefer to use the public RP structure the site provides. I think it's very well organized and therefor allows me to rp in a more organized fashion

6) I love to use pictures and gifs in the RP. I don't have to, but I really like to.

Sorry I sound so snooty, I promise I'm pretty nice! Please reply if you're interested!
[center]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

trivial-turbulence
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Looking for 1x1 RP partner(s)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Hello! I see you're looking for roleplaying partners. I'm actually pretty interested in a good deal of the ideas you have listed here. Mostly, though, I was fairly interested in the medieval, fantasy, and pirate ideas. I'm very interested in being your partner for a roleplay!

Now, I will say I don't play canon characters; I'm always worried I won't play them well. I much prefer my own original characters. As for plots, I tend to be fairly flexible, as long as they're interesting; I don't mind helping to come up with a plot, either. I do my best to closely match my partner's posts, but due to the craziness here, I might be a little slow in typing.

I hope to be able to rp with you.
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby trivial-turbulence on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Yay!! I'm really super excited that you like Pirates! I like Pirates! A lot! And fantasy pirates! I like those too! Ahh! (sorry, I'm super excited that someone responded via post because I've been getting PMs and CANT respond to them yet! D:)

I'm cool with keeping to original ideas, for sure! I love creating characters and stories, so I doubt that'll be a problem. Fantasy, medieval and pirates are a lot of fun! Maybe we can combine some of those to make an RP... are there any others you're interested in? I'd be interested in doing more than one at a time if you'd like :3

trivial-turbulence
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh...well, to be honest the Supernatural one caught my attention, as well. And Psych and Adventure Time, too. :P They just didn't interest me as much as the pirate, fantasy, and medieval themes. And I thought they'd combine fairly well. But I'd be interested in doing more than one rp with you, if you'd prefer. I've been looking for something to do with my spare time. :P

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby trivial-turbulence on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:23 pm

Oh, I totally get that... I love being occupied with RPs especially, haha. Well, I don't want to overload all at once, so maybe we could do a Pirate RP and then one other? Is there one of those three that you take preference of over the others?

trivial-turbulence
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Hmm...well, the Supernatural one interests me more then the other two. :P

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'mLeavingNow. on Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Yo. We need to rp together. Now. That is all.

Nah, not really. That could never be all. I don’t think I’ve ever posted anything that short. I love to go on and on and on and…well, you get the picture. Anyway, to business. I’ve been looking for new 1x1 partners too, for I only have one going on at the moment, and although it is fantastic, it’s not quite enough to satisfy my obsessive tendencies regarding rp on this site. I like a lot.

Sadly, I’m not all that good at roleplaying existing characters in various fandoms. I love a hell of a lot of them, and would love to do it, but I’m not very good, and that is a constant source of irritation. So, I get it if that now counts me out of your calculations, but if not, I’m very interested in doing any of the following:
- Steampunk
- SciFi
- Horror
- Wonderland

Also. I tend to write a lot (provided I get a reasonable amount in return, otherwise my creativity goes and dies in a sad corner), I like to think I’m fairly literate, but I do suffer from regular typing errors despite checking it through, and I’m very, very active. (Which is sad, I know.) As for my own characters, as I said, I prefer them to be original, although I’m flexible as to the details. Hope that’s enough!

I'mLeavingNow.
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I am about to leave on a 2 week vacation. However, if you are still looking for some rp buddies when I get back, I'd like to try and see if perhaps we might be able to come up with something?
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'mLeavingNow. on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:04 am

Great! Have fun, and I hope to write with you sometime in the future.

I'mLeavingNow.
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rinoflight on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:26 am

Hello and salutations!! I'm a fairly decent writer and am interested in rping with you!! I'm very new to this site and I hope maybe you can show me around. :) I'm a poet too. :) I am trying to get into rp and may be interested in one or two of your rp ideas. But I have some original ones of my own. :)

Rinoflight
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello trivial-turbulence,

Your thread has been moved to the appropriate forum. This post will explain to you the difference between the Roleplayers Wanted and the Interest Check forums.

The title of your roleplay has been edited to fit within Interest Check Guidelines:

ViceVersus wrote:6. ONE-ON-ONE/PRIVATE ROLEPLAYS - You are allowed to have a roleplay with just one other partner. You are not allowed to label your thread as "Looking for 1x1" or "Private Roleplay." This encourages you to put more thought into your story, and give it a proper title to differentiate it from other roleplay requests.

Thank you for your future co-operation and happy writing,

- Modesty,
RoleplayGateway Global Moderator.

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Trivial-Turbulence's Partner Search

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby misunderstoodmisfit on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Hello, I was wondering if you were still looking for some one on ones? I have a serious craving to play BBC's Sherlock before the new season comes out. I saw that on your list you rp it. I am fairly new at this website, but I am not new at roleplay. I am an avid fan of character torture so the more drama the better. I hope you're still looking . *crosses fingers*

misunderstoodmisfit
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Anyone still looking for one on ones?

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby trivial-turbulence on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Hello to all and So SO very sorry! I actually have been without a computer due to theft, getting a new character but I now HAVE a computer and would still very much love to roleplay! So bear with me I'm SO sorry again!

To Crystal Flamedance:
I am SO down with supernatural! PM me and we can talk about setting up those two RPS if you're still interested!

To I'mLeavingNow:
All four of those things definitely interest me, and maybe if you're still interested, we can work out a roleplay involving one or more of those genres. Or even multiple roleplays. Or... even... ummmmsomething else. Anyway, it'll be awesome.

To Rinoflight:
Sounds great! I'm not a poet myself, but I greatly admire your craft! Send me a PM and let's discuss!

To Misunderstoodmisfit:
Sorry I didn't get back to you before series three, but nevertheless I would still love to rp with you! Especially if it involves character torture! PM me if you're still interested!

and to Stealthpanther:
I am still, of course, looking. PM me if anything interests you!

trivial-turbulence
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!