Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Twilight Roleplay *IC* ((No Spots Left!!!))

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Re: Twilight Roleplay *IC* ((No Spots Left!!!))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Nova made a face. "Don't say that! If you do then I'll start to think it's a date and it isn't a date. He just said where he would be if I wanted to hang out. That is not date-like at all," she said, jiggling her leg restlessly. She sighed loudly and stretched out over the chair, a tiny frown etched onto her forehead. "Anyway, what's all this "like you back" nonsense? I told you that I don't like him that way. I hardly even know him so it's physically impossible for me to like him. And he can't like me either."

"Anything life changing happen in your first period?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Anima
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holaagurl14 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:32 pm

"It totally is date like, even if you don't think so. I bet he thinks so. And It is physically possible. Because you do. And he does. And I really want to help you get ready for a date," Claire whined, bouncing up and down eagerly. "Depends what you call life-changing," Claire murmured, answering Nova's question. "I had to sit next to Alex Harrington," Claire said, a little louder, but not much. Just loud enough for Nova to hear, but no one else.
She wonders "Why?" Does anyone ever hear her when she cries? This is the dark before the dawn. The storm before the peace. Don't be afraid, the seasons change.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

holaagurl14
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Nova's eyebrow shot up. "Alex Harrington? That real pretty guy? I heard he was kind of rude, always brushing people off. Whats-her-name-- Amber-- tried to ask him out last year. Apparently it was a dismal failure." She regarded the expression on Claire's face, the faint uneasiness there. She was not the most observant person, but she could tell that she was upset about something. "What's up? Was he nice to you?" She was eagar to stay on a subject that did not include her. She smiled sweetly. "I can beat him up if you want," she joked.

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Alex watched-calmer, now that Nathan was out of the room-as Claire led her friend to the couches. He took note of her tense stature, and the anxious glance flicked in his direction confirmed his suspicion that he was aware of his presence. He could hear their conversation as easily as if they were right next to him, even though they were all the way across the room and talking in low voices.
He held back a growl as they began gushing over that...that...dog. A filthy mutt, if you asked him. But what surprised him the most was this anger flaring in him, accompanied by anxious questions. Did Claire admire Nathan like her friend? Did she like him? It took him a moment to recognize this emotion.
Jealousy. His brow furrowed at the thought of it. What reason did he have to be jealous?
However, the emotion evaporated as his name came into the conversation, and he leaned forward. Alex grinned, despite himself, as Nova spoke of Amber Fields. She had been so petty, immature and vain, it was almost amusing. He chuckled quietly again when she suggested beating him up.
Live, love, laugh

imogen_22
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holaagurl14 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:16 pm

Claire grimaced. "Not really. I just don't think he likes me very much..." Claire's voice trailed off. She hoped that the pain she felt from saying that didn't show on her outside, but, for extra measures, she allowed her hair to fall in front of her face. "And yes, Amber is a failure in a lot of things. But don't tell her I said that," Claire let out a small giggle. She didn't like Amber very much. Claire pulled her knees to her chest, and wrapped her arms around them tightly. She buried her face in between her knees, trying to hide her face. Her excuse? She was cold.

holaagurl14
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Geebers! on Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:54 am

"OMG Sophie!" Sophie turned her head slowly to see her only guy friend Roger. "Roger!" she exclaimed getting up slowly and limping over to him. Roger was gay and the only guy she liked, other than her brother. She felt nauseous but ignored giving Roger a big hug. "Whoa girl what happened to you?" he looked Sophie over with a disastified look. "I hurt my leg, got stuck in traffic, hopped from the gas station to here in the rain." she summarized the story. Roger started laughing hysterically, he was always critizing her wardrobe. Saying she didn't look snazzy enough for any boy to like her. She rolled her eyes and told him to sit next to her. He made her feel a little better but the nausea and headache's were still there.
And God Created Woman.
And She was Good.
And she had two arms, two legs and three breasts.
And God asked woman what she would like to have changed about herself.
And she asked for her middle breast to be removed.
And it was good.
And she stood with her third breast in her hand
And asked God what should be done with the useless boob.
And God created man.

Geebers!
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holaagurl14 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:41 am

"Hey, I'll be right back. Bathroom," Claire said, getting up. She felt her phone shift in her back pocket, but ignored it as she walked away from Nova. She needed some time to think, and Nova would just keep her talking. She pushed her way out of the library, but instead of going to the bathroom, she walked right past it. She opened one of the double doors that led outside, and walked outside. She stared out into the rain that was now harder than it had been before school. How she wanted to go out and run around, and have fun. She hadn't done that in so long, and it would take her back to when she was younger. Claire thought back, trying to remember the last time she had done that, but she couldn't. Afterschool, she decided, as long as it's still raining. She smiled, then stuck her head out from under the overhang. She was immediately pelted with rain, and withdrew her head. She reached up, and felt the rain on her hair. Good. She walked back to the doors, and inside. She made her way slowly down the hall, not wanting to go back to class. But she would have to eventually, much to her dislike.

holaagurl14
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 pm

"Okay, I'll..." she trailed off, frowning. Claire was already gone. Nova could hardly figure it out. The girl had been fine this morning. Something during her first period had really shaken her up.

"I had to sit next to Alex Harrington..." Nova's frown deepened. It was a strange detail to give. Random. Curiously, she pushed up from her seat, searching slowly through the rows and rows of books.

She found him fairly quickly. He stood out, even then, among ordinary books. She had noticed Alex Harrington before. It was impossible not to notice him, not just because he was gorgeous-- and yes, he was-- but becasue there was something that was... there was just something about him, his face, his demeanor. Something about Alex gave Nova a strange feeling on the back of her neck. Maybe it was his looks, the way whenever he saw him she felt an inexplicable urge to get closer. It creeped her out.

"Excuse me," she said, shoving her fears aside and smiling prettily. "Um, Alex, isn't it? Alex Harrington? I'm Nova. One of Claire's friends?"

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eternity on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Nathan had enjoyed his period of class, but he was tired and things were far beyond boring. His amusement was gone, and the day lingered endlessly. He watched birds fly past the window, probably flying to some place a bit more exciting.

He let out a sigh, and then thought of something to do. Around him was the humming sound of girls and boys chatting, but his mind didn't process their words. Instead, he heard something else.
Saw someone else.

Nova.

Nathan got up, apparently surprising some of the people huddled around him. He folded his beanie's edge up so he could see, and walked smoothly out of the classroom for a trip to the library that he had been permitted to take. He had been saving that permitted trip up for a good moment, and that moment was now. Though he had just been given his pass today, it was about to become a good use. Nathan needed some silence.

His dark skin seemed to glow with a bronze firelight under the bulbs of the library as he quietly stepped inside. His rich dark eyes seemed to wash over the many shelves and books, and he gave a silent sigh of relief. No crazed girls, no busy popular guys. Peace.

But as he stepped forward, his long legs caught beneath him. He saw Nova. She looked stunning, and the sight of her was quite peaceful indeed. His full lips broke into a virile grin showing white teeth, and his expression softened over his masculine features.

"No-" He stopped, looking across from her and seeing a... a... vampire. His face scrunched and then he solidified his expression.

Guess she's busy. He though quietly, biting his lips and deciding that perhaps Nova wasn't the best thing to think about. Dag, would he ever find somewhere to just chill?

He turned, wrapping his long dark fingers around the library door handle, and yanked it open in a gentle manner. Then he strolled on outwards into the hall, letting it thud shut behind him.
One who knows nothing, can understand nothing.

Eternity
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holaagurl14 on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Claire walked back into the library slowly, then paused in the doorway, the door shutting behind her. The first thing she saw was Nova and Alex talking. The boy Nova had been talking to, Nathan, had just walked out of the library. Claire had walked past him, and it looked like something had been upsetting him. Claire took a small step towards Nova and Alex, but stopped. She shook her head, and wandered off into the books. She wouldn't bother them, just like she had been trying to convince herself to do with Alex. It wasn't working as well as she had hoped, and it hadn't even been that long. When she got bored looking at the same titles repetitively, she emerged from the books. She walked past Nova and Alex, back to the couch where she had left her book. She sat down, picking it up. She pulled her knees up to her chest, and opened the book. She started to read, losing herself in it quickly.

holaagurl14
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Alex's golden gaze was trained on Claire's back as she abruptly left the library, mind teeming with questions. Why was she leaving? Where was she going? He fought with the urge to follow her, but decided that was probably not the best thing to do at the moment. She already hated him enough.
So focused was he on Claire that he almost didn't notice her friend saunter up to him. Almost. His gaze flicked up, his earlier befuddled expression evaporating. Her voice was cautious, which was to be expected. The reason she was over here was pretty easy to guess; she was worried about her friend, worried what he'd said or done to her. This, for reasons he couldn't explain, made his heart twist in pain. Mind you, not nearly the degree of pain it was for him to breathe in Claire's scent.
He watched with blank eyes as she spoke. Well, here was a good person. Someone who was brave enough to approach him just for the sake of her friend. That was kind of nice. Now hopefully he could fight the urge to kill her.
With his tentative inhale came a wave of relief. Nova's scent, although tempting, was no where near as tantalizing as Claire's and Alex found himself able to fight it with some ease. This in mind, he relaxed a little.
"Nice to meet you." he said in that same quiet voice he used so much. He glanced up at her. "You're here because you're worried about your friend...Claire."
It wasn't a question. It was a statement. He didn't need to ask, he had heard their conversation.

imogen_22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Nova was caught off guard by his tone, even more so by his gaze. She couldn't help shifting her weight from foot to foot. The urge to step back was strong, but she held her ground. She had enough male friends to know how boy-minds worked. She occupied her hands by playing with her hair instead, a nervous habit.

"Yeah, I am." She shot a glance over her shoulder at Claire, who had come back and seemed absorbed in her book. She lowered her voice anyway. "She seems... upset about something, you know? Did something happen during last period?" What I mean to say is, did you do something to her last period, she thought darkly. She would not say it though. She could see how an encounter with Alex could leave you disturbed. The blankness of his stare...

She rocked backward on her heels and shifted backward the tiniest bit.

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Alex noted her obvious unease, which was expected. However, his gaze shot away from her as Claire entered the room again, eyes to the floor. He had to all but drag his attentions back to Nova, trying to focus on what she was saying and not the frustratingly confusing girl behind her.
Upset. That got his attention, if anything. That familiar twist of pain-which he yet to define-sprang up in his heart, and his brow furrowed. "She's upset." he murmured, unable to keep the concern out of his voice.
He looked up, seeming to see Nova for the first time. "There was a bit of a...misunderstanding." he explained rather vaguely, his voice stiff. "But, Nova, please hear me out," the pretense in his voice all but melted away, and his expression became utterly sincere. "I did not, and do not, mean to hurt Claire in any way whatsoever. The very opposite."
Even to him, the words were surprising. He hadn't thought, they just came out. Slowly he exhaled, still befuddled by his strange behaviour, and regained composure. "I know this sounds like a pathetic excuse, but honestly; tell Claire I don't think it's a good idea for us to be...friends. I'm not...I'm not a good friend." he winced at just how pathetic it did sound, but that was the closest he could get to the truth.

imogen_22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:13 pm

Abruptly, his stone expression melted into one of such sincerity, such raw beauty that Nova's mind was wiped blank for a moment. Again, there was an inexplicable urge to be nearer, to make a smile appear back on that face, but simultaneously she felt a chill running up her spine. The chills were stronger and she closed her eyes, shaking her head sharply. She barely caught the end of his statement.

"--don't think it's a good idea for us to be... friends. I'm not... I'm not a good friend." Nova scowled and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Is that what you told her? Well hell, no wonder she's upset! What is that the 'it's not you, it's me' line but altered for friendship? Unless you plan on killing her in the middle of class, I think you should let her decide whether or not you're a good friend." Despite the fact that your vibe absolutely creeps me out. Claire sure has weird taste... She moved around him to push him in Claire's direction. He was immovable as a stone pillar. She huffed. "Go talk to her, Alex. I'll disappear and everything so she doesn't feel self conscious. Go ahead." Scared stiff maybe, but Nova was still Nova and being bossy was what she did.

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby imogen_22 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Alex watched as her shock melted into anger, and he recieved his scolding in silence. He deserved it, after all. However, there was one part of Nova's rant that made him go numb.
Unless you plan on killing her in the middle of class. Horror crossed his face, to be replaced with suspicion, to be replaced with coldness.
"That," he practically spat through his teeth, "Is the most absurd thing I have ever heard, November."
He made a move to stalk away, but the girl blocked him. Of course, he could have flattened her, but that would've hardly been appropriate. He looked down at her, watching with hard golden eyes, as she demanded he talk to Claire.
"What would the point of that be?" His anger was ebbing quickly, so that he realized how irrational he had been. With a sigh, he regathered himself. "She doesn't want to talk to me, no doubt."

imogen_22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anima on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:44 pm

She had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from rising to the 'November' bait. She blushed, but she was sure he wouldn't notice. "You're right. She doesn't want to talk to you. She wants you to talk to her," she retorted with a roll of her eyes. She allowed herself to step back, but crossed her arms over her chest. "Don't doubt me, Harrington. I won't steer you wrong, dancer's honor, which, for future reference is much more reliable than a scout's honor."

Anima
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holaagurl14 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Claire continued to read. She couldn't hear Nova and Alex's conversation, but all that did was make her impatient to find out what it was about. She chanced a quick glance up, and saw Nova standing in front of Alex. Nova was facing her, a look of anger and impatience across her face. Claire looked down at her book, biting her lip nervously. She had an idea of what they were talking about...her. She let an involuntary shiver pass through her. When Nova got angry, nothing could stop her until she got her way, but Alex seemed the same way. That was going to be a long talk. Claire sighed, allowing her hair to fall in her face, and started to read again.

((Hey, I have to leave now. We are going on a family vacation over X-mas, and I am going to be gone for the rest of today and 5 more days. There is a computer at my relatives house, so I will try to get on at least once while I'm there. If I can't get on, I hope to see plenty of posts when I get back! Happy X-mas, and I'm sorry if you don't celebrate that. Please, don't think of me as insensitive. I just am having trouble thinking right now with my loud music, combined with my brother's loud music, and the sound of shooting from the x-box in the background. And I'm trying to talk to my friend on the phone. Hope to see you all after the holidays! I will be back by Monday!))

holaagurl14
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!