Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Two Different Worlds[future/fantasy] (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Two Different Worlds[future/fantasy] (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Story

Years in the future, Earth has greatly advanced in technology. Now, with their advanced technology at hand, they begin moving toward space to claim other planets in the name of earth. Little did they know, that another planet had the same plan. The planet's name is Elinia, a human world like earth but the humans here use magic and powers instead of technology. With Earth using technology and Elinia using magical devices to travel, the two worlds have traveled across the galaxy. But then, the two worlds ended up running into each other along their conquest went to war with each other. The war has lasted for several years and is still underway, with each side bringing in newer weapons and powers to the battle.

Planets

(more will fill in later)
Earth-Earth's Base
Elinia-Elinia's Base

Memeber List

Earth: 3
Elinia: 5

Rules

-Keep things PG-17
-I might sound greedy, but I want as many things to be brought into the RP. Traitors, Twists, even two characters on opposite sides falling for each other. Don't care, just bring it. But PM me if its something big.
-No one-liners.
-One character per user.
-Enjoy!

Character Sheet
Name: (You know what this means)
Side: (Earth or Elinia)
Skills: (what he/she is skilled at)
Appearance: (image or details)
Bio: (info about he/she.)
Other: (things that aren't part of the other topics)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Sykes
Side: Earth
Skills: Skilled at piloting Mechs and ships. Plus a good shot
Appearance: Image
Bio: Was drafted into Earth's army and sent to the feild because of his piloting skills and aim with many different guns. He has his doubts wheter this war has any meaning at all and sometimes stalls when it comes to attacking civilians. But when the enemy is attacking him and his team members, he gets serious about defending his allies.
Other: None
Last edited by Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
~The closer you get to the light, the stronger your shadow becomes~

Inspiration Music for my RPs
Fairy Tail - Dragon Force
The Legend of Spyro - Valley of Avalar
Iji - Tor Battle
The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC Back to your Friends

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Two Different Worlds[future/fantasy] (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Natsurra on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Name: Coraline Newhart
Skills: Magic use in terms of healing and protection
Appearance: Image
Bio: Coraline lives on Elinia in a small house deep in the forest. She used to work as a healer for the ill before the war broke out. Now, she follows the army around and uses her strong protection and healing magic to defend the troops. She does not fight offensively though, just stands behind the others using her powers. She is well protected and respected because of her skills. She lived with her parents until the war began, they were too old to fight so she volunteered herself to fight in their places.
Other: She is very religious and prays often
"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Natsurra
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caligulaph on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:19 pm

I'll take it! I'll take twelve!!

Name: Marlow
Skills: Marlow is skilled at piloting and navigation, as explained in the bio. He holds well hand-eye coordination and aim, making him an acceptional shooter, as well.
Appearance: Marlow is white, has black, medium length hair, with a light gotee, and brown eyes. His clothing is a tad messy, but still relatively fashionable.
Bio: Marlow had always been one of the wierd kids when it came to his sociallness. But since 15, Marlow had shown above-average piloting and navigation skills. At 16, he went to some pilotting college of some sort for three years and earned his Navigations Degree. Marlow is now a young, handsome, and certified pilot, holding deep interest in exploration, as he has forever been intrigued by the stories he has heard about Elinia, though since the war started, feared he would not get to see it in a battle-ready state. Regardless, he still remains faithful to his faction, and takes on the challenges of the universe with an open heart.
Other: Not that it entirely matters, Marlow is also skilled at analyzing literature and mathmatics.
Haldo, and may our spelling mistakes simply strengthen our spelling.

Caligulaph
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Ok, both of you are accepted. but what do you mean by twelve, Caligulaph

Oblivian
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaosz on Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:20 pm

Alright, I want in on this one, give me a couple of hours to a day and i'll have a character sheet in!

Character Sheet

Name: Kris Son-of-none

Skills: Kris has only one single power, he can gather latent energy in his body and transfer it directly to any object in which he comes in contact with. The object saturated with energy becomes highly volatile (how highly is dependent on how much energy is applied), which on contact with another item releases the energy all at once. The release of energy never hurts Kris (kris thinks it's because it's his energy and when an explosion is set of close enough, his body just absorbs the energy back), and it never damages his 5 foot, pure black kris. The kris is Kris's only family heirloom and it's properties are almost entirely unknown. Kris's powers continue to grow everyday and he theorizes that there is much more to it than simple explosions.
Because Kris grew up near the earthlings, he has a basic understanding of their buildings, weapons, and infrastructure.

Appearance:
5'9, 160 pounds, long shaggy dark hair, and bright orange eyes. Wears almost exclusively black leather armor which is covered with burn marks and holes. Face almost completely covered with a black mask, only his strange orange eyes peak out. His black kris is strapped to his back every waking hour and even when he sleeps it's near by. Kris is surprisingly agile for his medium build, able to pull of amazing feats of athleticism when absolutely necessary.

Bio: Orphaned before he can remember, Kris's parents were early causalities of the war between the technologically advanced and the magical. Kris grew up on one of the outer colonies lost to the Earthlings, oppressed by their rule. Since he was an orphan, he was forced to live on the streets fending for himself, sleeping on concrete, sometimes even eating trash just to survive. Never knowing human kindness, Kris was barely more than a beast, that is until the underground freedom fighters found him, and raised him. As soon as he was old enough, Kris started to fight along side his fellow freedom fighters, trying their best to at least disrupt the oppressive rule. Kris soon made his name as an extremely valuable member. Not only was he a strong fighter, he was basically a walking bomb. All the underground movement had to do was get Kris to a key structure point in a building, have him use all the energy he could until he nearly passed out, carry Kris to safety (he would be so tired after using that energy, he couldn't walk), and wait. It only takes the slightest disturbance and then BOOM, a whole building goes down. This went on for years, until the earthling made a counter attack, wounding and almost killing Kris. The underground movement realized that Kris could be so much more useful to the main attack force on Elinia and he would most certainly die here. So for the greater good they gathered all the teleportation experts they could and sent Kris to their home world Elinia.

Personality: Kris is quiet and purposeful. He's intellegent, a good tactiction, and he learns at an amazing pace. He usually controls his emotions, but when they do escape his steady hand, they rage like an unchecked forest fire. He is extremely head strong, will always do what he feels is right, and if necessary is not afraid to put his life on the line. When he does speak, his voice is soft, but firm permeated with charizma. Though it is rare, when Kris goes to deliver a speech, or give out orders, it is given with such grace and power, it's a rare site to see Kris ignored. All and all Kris makes the perfect freedom fighter.

Kind of a rough outline, will edit and/or add more if it is insufficent.
“These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine

Chaosz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caligulaph on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Oh, haha, when I said that, I was quoting Homestar Runner, similar to "Haldo," in my signature. If you do not know who that is...then do not worry about it. Let us just say that is my way of saying, "Count me in!!...times twelve..."

Caligulaph
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sammie Spitz on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 pm

If anything about this character is overboard, let me know, especially with her eye. I'm kind of adapting her from another game and I really wanted to pull her out again, but while that game had characters with these kinds of enhancements, I didn't know if it would fly here.

Name: Hannah "Duce" Donner

Side: Earth

Skills: A lifelong brawler, Duce is used to fighting with whatever's handy, be it guns, melee objects, or just her own bare hands. Her grey eye is an artifical enhanced eye that allows for heat or night vision, though it gives her a heatache if she uses it too long. She pretty much lives in cargo jeans, t-shirts, and her worn leather jacket. She has a spade symbol with a knife through it tattooed on her right shoulder.

Appearence: Stands about 5'4" with a bit more muscular build than usual. She has long brown hair that's almost always tied back in a braid and odd-colored eyes, one green and one light gray, with a scar over the gray one(there's the reason for this trust me). She pretty much lives in cargo jeans, t-shirts, and her worn leather jacket when allowed to go without uniform.

Bio: Duce is a born fighter and, as such, spend a lot of her childhood picking fights and getting into trouble. Having had his patience pushed to the limit, her father, a career military man, sent her to military school. He didn't get exactly what he wanted, the heavy training making his daughter even tougher than she was before, though it did give her a bit more direction. Upon graduation, Duce did her required amount of time enlisted before going out on her own as a bounty hunter, but stayed on reserve status. When the wars with Elainia started raging, she was called back into service and she is now back under military command. A standard grunt, with a bit of unofficial rank among other soldiers since she's a bit older and has a bit more expeirence, Duce is bad tempered, foul mouthed, and doesn't always take orders seriously. But, once she befriends her comrades, she's a loyal friend who will always have your back and fears almost nothing.

Other: Early in her mercenary career, Duce lost her eye while apprehending a suspect. That eye, her grey one, was replaced with the artifical eye she has now. This is how she got her current nickname and it's stuck so hard, people sometimes forget her real name.

Sammie Spitz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:21 am

Double Acception! ok, I'll be putting my guy up soon now that I see people are interested. But please let it not be that any of you are one of those that get on an RP and then disapeare after awhile.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby overkill on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 pm

I'll join too just as soon as oblivion puts his bio so as to keep balance.
ImageImageImageImageImage

overkill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Well, no need to wait, its on the 1st post now.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaosz on Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:48 pm

So, when can we get this RP underway? I can not wait!

Chaosz
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby overkill on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:58 pm

Name: Mugen Amsel
Side: Elinia
Skills: He is able to control fire and even change his appearance for battle, excellent woodsman
Appearance:
When in battle:
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/063/a/4/Magma_Mage_by_pamansazz.jpg
Bio: Mugen was born on Elinia but, certain events in the war lead to him becoming an orphan. He did pretty well for himself becuase he already had egnough grasp of magic he could make a fire with ease, but that still didn't meet his needs of food and water. So to attain these Mugen moved to the forest, where he would hunt for his needs, this came in handy for when the Elinian military was recruiting, becuase he already had a basic understanding of weaponry, magic and survival. when he volunteered to fight his skills improved with the aid of the military.
Other: (things that aren't part of the other topics)

overkill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:30 pm

I'll put up the IC tomorrow, no time today sorry.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:42 am

I hope this is to your liking...

Name: Fye

Skills: Fye is skilled in both physical combat along with using elemental magic. He’s an offensive fighter, confident in his own actions to be able to fight on the frontline against the Earthlings. He’s skilled with his weapon – a strange hammer that can extend and grow in size at his command, and finds it hard to use anything else but this.

Appearance: http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm73 ... 7r6233.jpg

Bio: Fye has never been well known, coming from a small family in a small village that was hardly known of by the rest of Elinia. He was always the peacekeeper of the school, using his natural talent of elemental magic to break up fights. This caused him trouble though, as a stronger person once fought back, damaging his right eye enough for it never to work again – its appearance so bad that he now wears an eyepatch over it. Since that day, Fye worked on improving his strength, training in different styles of combat till he found what techniques suited him best. When he was old enough to join the ranks for the war, he done so as soon as he could, taking it as an opportunity to show his skill and fight to protect his home. He’s a quiet soul most of the time, thinking often, and speaking rarely. When on the battlefield though, he’s a completely different person, coming up with insults and mocks to tease his enemies with before a fight, though he would never do that to one of his own kind. When befriended, Fye will always back you up, even when he’s at his limit in battle. He’s always there to listen to people’s problems and always seems rather happy to help.

Other: Is often found sky-gazing when he has nothing to do – a habit that he picked up from his father during childhood.

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby amethyst adept on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Name: Ethan Kairos

Skills: Time control

Appearence: http://www.digitaldevildb.com/images/ga ... llsize.jpg

Motto: That's a nice trinket you have... i think i'll just take it!

Bio: Fresh from his military training, Ethan is a young man ready for the future (which he can see if he wants.) His past mostly consists of stealing, which was an easy for him since he could stop time. He was finally stopped when the local authorities stopped him and was sent to military training to atone for his sins. He is spurned by his family and is quite antisocial. Has been quite successful in moving up the ranks in the military.

Other: Even with military training he still feels the uncontrollabe urge to steal.
Last edited by amethyst adept on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

amethyst adept
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:00 pm

ok......earth is seriously out numbered. just one more earth guy and I'll start the IC.

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby overkill on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:36 am

Well if i remember you said:
-I might sound greedy, but I want as many things to be brought into the RP. Traitors, Twists, even two characters on opposite sides falling for each other. Don't care, just bring it. But PM me if its something big.

so to balance things I could be the traitor.

overkill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oblivian on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:40 am

oooooooooo, *evil grin* o then, so their not outnumbered. but I'll set it up tomorrow. I just set the IC of another RP of mine and its alittle confusing to work on several at the same time. ^^;

Edit: IC is up and running folks.

Two Different Worlds (IC)

Oblivian
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heartfelt_words on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:38 pm

is it too late to join in?
"Writing is the only profession where no one considers you ridiculous if you earn no money."
Jules Renard
(1864 - 1910)

Heartfelt_words
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby overkill on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 pm

well i know i gonna be a traitor but my question is what's the best way to do it?

overkill
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!