Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Umm... hello everyone *waves*

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Umm... hello everyone *waves*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sideburns910 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:45 pm

I just joined and I thought I'd post a hello to try and introduce myself. I've been roleplaying for a few years now but I'm still little more than a novice. I was lookin around the interwebs and saw this site and I hope this will become a 'permanent home' for me and my imaginary selfs. So please bare with me if I still seem a little lost, I'm still not used to a forum atmosphere. So, all that just to say.... Hi peoples ^.^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sideburns910
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: Umm... hello everyone *waves*

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avey on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 pm

Oh hi thar sideburns910~ Welcome to RPG I am Aveline and I am happy that you have finally joined the site! *gives a daisy* Since you are new we have this thing called the Role Play Academy that you are free to check out first if you would like to gain your skills the Mentors there should be of much help to you! You should also check out the Newbie Guide to RPG it will help you, along with additional help from myself or any other of the mentors(in blue) or moderators(in green) that are around! =D Lets see, you should also check out RPG Rules they will save you from alot of trouble here on the site as well. :)

So hi thar once again and if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I hope to see you soon!

Aveline.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Avey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sideburns910 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Thank you very much Aveline, nice to meet you. *Takes the daisy, not used to being given flowers.* I looked over the rules before I posted (I didn't wanna get in trouble on my first post :P) I'll check out the academyand see if I can't.learn a thing or two. As I said I've been casually Rping for a while but I know I can get better. Thank you so much for the welcome and the adv.ice

sideburns910
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Woo! Hey there, sideburns910! When I see your username, all I can think about is a kid from my school who has these crazy triangular-shaped sideburns that are, well, in a word .. epic.

Er, ahem. I'm Sato (ViceVersus) and I'm pleased as punch to meet you! Looks like you've already been greeted by Aveline, one of our friendly Global Moderators! They keep the peace around these parts, so yeah. :P Make sure to stay on her good side, or you'll find that daisy she gave you will be clawing for your throat!

Naah, I'm kidding. The Moderators are here to be a guide and an example to users such as yourself! Especially if you're new to being part of a forum community.

The first bit of advice I want to give you is to stop quantifying yourself as a novice, good, or bad roleplayer. As far as I'm concerned, if you have a passion for writing and for roleplaying, then this is the place to be, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! The Role Play Academy (linked in Avey's post!) is still a good place to check out if you want to learn some tips and tricks, but the best way to learn is by doing!

Don't be afraid to just jump right in there and get to creating your own stories, or joining up on someone else's!

Heh. That's just about all I waned to get out, here.

Hope to see you around, and if you have any questions at all, please let me know!

VV

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tristan_cross on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 am

Welcome to RPG Sideburns910, I'm Tristan_cross just you firendly neighborhood RPer like yourself. drop me a line if you have any ideas for a RP or just want some advice or maybe some help getting around. Myself, along with many, many others, would me more then happy to help you anyway we can! and Vice is right good or bad as long as you have the passion for it you're in the right place! Enjoy the site and hope you have a blast!

Tristan_cross
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Group Theory Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!