Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Undiscovered Island [Interest Check]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Undiscovered Island [Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:34 pm

The summer of 2009, a new cruise liner is due to set sail from San Francisco, California, to Sydney Harbour in Australia. It is new state of the art designs with everything. A lot of money to go on, but people all over the world have brought tickets for the cruise from famous people, special guests of the crew and/or people who made the ship and holiday makers. This is going to be an experience of a life time. And they named the ship Morpheus after the Greek God of dreams.

This ship isn't all dreams though. Halfway through the journey things go wrong and only a handful of people from the ship make it on board a lifeboat, each person having 3-4 items on them. No mayday was made and the ship didn't sink. It seemed to disappear. Why did they make it onto the lifeboat? Shortly after drifting, a storm brews throwing them into the sea. Later on they wake up scattered out on an island beach. Where are they?

The island turns out to be the island Si'Vex (as the inhabitants have named it). This island is undiscovered by people or our day, but the inhabitants that live on it have no idea of what's beyond the ocean. Their knowledge and technology is no where near as advanced and to them, they think the survivors are a curse, or some sort of witches, sent to destroy their homes.

The people that have been stranded on the island's task is to find a way home - though the more time on the island, by the time they can make it home (if that becomes possible) will they go home or stay. And will all the inhabitants stay suspicious of these new people and be afraid of them, or will some become friendly?

So, that's the story. You can be an inhabitant of the island or a passenger on the ship. I'm hoping this interest check will show me that there is quite a few for both sides as I don't want everyone to be on the ship. DO NOT POST PROFILES HERE. When I set up the OOC I will request them via PM then. On the ship, unless you and a relative/friend are been saved to, you won't know who the others are.

If interested, just post here stating whether you are going to be someone on the ship, or an inhabitant. I don't have a plot exactly yet (working on it at home tonight) but let me know if you have any ideas. There will not be ghosts or zombies or cannibals, as of yet, but this may change depending what I come back to.

Also, in this roleplay I'm looking for semi-literate roleplays. Thanks for reading.

CriminalMinds.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Undiscovered Island [Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odium on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:38 pm

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
The skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day
For a three hour tour, a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
The tiny ship was tossed,
If not for the courage of the fearless crew
The minnow would be lost, the minnow would be lost.

The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
With Gilligan
The Skipper too,
The millionaire and his wife,
The movie star
The professor and Mary Ann,
Here on Gilligan's Isle.

So this is the tale of the castaways,
They're here for a long, long time,
They'll have to make the best of things,
It's an uphill climb.

The first mate and the Skipper too,
Will do their very best,
To make the others comfortable,
In the tropic island nest.

No phone, no lights no motor cars,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primitive as can be.

So join us here each week my friends,
You're sure to get a smile,
From seven stranded castaways,
Here on "Gilligan's Isle."
~~

No, but I really might be interested in something like that.

He's happy now. Or is death the end of the dream? Is it a failure of hope?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Odium
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Crimmy I wanna join. Would it be possible to play one of each- an inhabitant, and an ship-wrecked person?
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dazed&Confused on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm in. As a ship-wrecked person if that's alright. Open to change if really needed.
As for ideas, uhm, maybe the inhabitants put the new comers through some sort of 'test', or something in order to prove themselves, or gain trust. I don't know, I'll keep thinking, got to go for now, but I'll keep checking in.

Dazed&Confused
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:03 pm

I'd be interested in this. ^-^

I'd be up for playing a native (I forgot to put that XD)
Last edited by Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:17 pm

I'd be interested in playing a native... it'd depend on how creative we'd be allowed to get with them. Also, what kind of environment is this island?
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bllwolf1 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:21 pm

Interesting idea, and I would like to join, but, unfortunately, I'm so single-minded that if I join more than one RP my head will explode. (Trust me, it's happened before)

Seriusly, though, just one problem. How will the islanders and castwaysdevelop relations if they don't speak the same language! I think that may be a problem...

Perhaps you could type conversations in italics when they are speaking the native tongue? Something like this: (Disclaimer: this is not how I RP, I just didn't want to make a big long paragraph out of this)

Ni'toru spoke to Mynof. " What are these people doing on the shores of our island?" "I am not sure. Perhaps they are witches."

Fred spoke to Steve. "Woah, dude! Like, where'd the ship go!? It, like, totally disappeared, dude!"

Gotta love the stereotype of the typical male surfer guy! Anyways, just a suggestion...
RANDOM FACTS
Dracul meant Dragon in Romanian in the time of Vlad the Impaler, the man also known as Draculea, or Dracula.
Draculea literally means "Son of the Dragon"

bllwolf1
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dazed&Confused on Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Haha. Definitely loved that little demonstration.
Nice native names as well.
Very creative.
But anyway, I think that sounds like a good idea, the italics that is.

Dazed&Confused
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maestro on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:48 am

Well I was/am the first to say this idea looks like a lot of fun, and I already called Captain before she posted this up, so, blame me for the ship wreck. <3

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:54 am

@Black Pentagram: Liked the song ^_^ And cool it'll be great if you do join when I've figured it all out.

@Saken: Yes you can be both.

@DazedandConfused: That's a good idea. I'm working on thinking about it. I was also thinking that the ship wrecked people were imprisoned once the natives found them. Them been scared of these newcomers, or something like that.

@Sweet Angel Jocelyn: Awesome

@DCLXVI: I'd allow you to be pretty creative with the natives. I've got a map of the island and today I'm going to work on putting a basic culture to the people there and what things are like.

@bllwolf: That is one idea to solve the problems on language. It was something that I've been thinking of all night and most of this morning. The way I've thought up for now, which will most likely change over the course of time, is that the natives will have a similar language to english, but have some slight differences. For example, different months of the year, different words for night and day, just simple changes. Also, I know what you mean about heads exploding if in more than one roleplay. Some people are like that, I use to be. Though, this is still been worked on so it might not start up (ooc at least) until the middle end of the week.

@Near: Thanks for finally posting.

For all: As for developing ideas that I've had. I was thinking that maybe they wrote with pictures. I mean it wouldn't make things overly confusing as when writing it on here it would be written in italics (like what bllwolf) stated. Like how we draw pictures. That was one idea. Then to develop the language. We can either work to creating a complete new language for the natives or have it where some words are replaced.

I was thinking of the natives having seven gods - each having the same length of 51 days under celebrating that God. They don't really count the days its more of the sun and the moon showing 51 times before celebrating the next God. At the beginning of each God month, there is a ritual of sorts to that one.

Here is what I've got for the name of Gods so far:

Khan - God of Water
Juno - God of Shelter
Nac - God of Food
Loot - God of Money
Zen - God of Life
Ghor - God of Animals
Werk - God of Temperature

As for natives, I was thinking to that some could want to help the survivors get home where as others want to keep them here due to the fact that they could tell 'their' world about this hidden island and a lot don't want that happening.

I'm still welcoming ideas though and hoping to spend the rest of the day developing this idea into a strong attractive idea. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OniIgnasha on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:27 pm

I call Captain's wife. >.>

SO no one else can take it. Near and I have talked it out.
"When you wish upon a star... I will kill you, near or far..."
-Richard

(01:10:26) [NPC] Bartender: Esari rolls 3d6 and gets 6,6,6.

OniIgnasha
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Okay guys, so I have my twist in this roleplay which for now is been kept a secret. But, it means I'm changing the ships course from San Francisco to Sydney, to Southampton UK to Florida making the ship disappear near its final destination. Sorry for the changes. Still fleshing out the idea and working on the OOC.

Anyone wanting to put in ideas for the natives of the island, just run them through here. I'd love to hear other peoples ideas for them if they have some.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Sounds like a great idea to me. How about the natives could actually be the ancestors of survivors a prior shipwreck that happened 500+ years ago, with the truth of their origins lost in the mists of their own mythology. Perhaps their language could actually be a derivation of old modern English- understandable, just about.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:28 pm

@NorthernSoul: I like that idea a lot actually, it would tie in how the natives know English (bar certain words like some of the things I've come up with) and also it ties in with my idea for my twist, to. ^_^ Thanks.

Also, I think I'm going to be in need of a shipwrecked character to be a geographer/legend type person. If interested in this idea I'd like you to send me a PM as I'd have to let you in on some stuff, but also if no one chooses to take that, then I can take them on as a second character, really.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:42 am

OOC everyone. Have fun!

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!