Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Veganism

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Re: Veganism

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Aniihya wrote:Northern Soul: You are not exactly the best person for debate either. You often either start name calling when it goes long enough or you take an opportunist position instead of standing by your opinion.

I'm going to go off what I've seen from the Evolution vs Illogical Beliefs thread and say that that's completely false.
in love, nothing is eternal but drinking your wine
there is no reason for bringing my life to you, other
than losing it.
I said, I just want to know you and then disappear.
you said, knowing me does not mean dying.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Painkiller: Have you been on this site for almost three years? No. Then you do not know what I am talking about.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iye Khara on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:42 pm

I would mention that you are evidence that seniority on the site is clearly not equivalent to 'knowing what you're talking about', but I won't derail this thread further.

Iye Khara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Move on from the off-topic accusations and personal attacks, please. If you want to have a discussion of the merits and criticisms of the vegan lifestyle or other related topics, this is the place. If you want to start a fight with one another, take it off this Web site. Thank you.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Whilst my grandfather had like five heart attacks before turning 60 and many others in the family ended up the same way (even my father suffers high blood pressure, high cholesterol and unhealthy amounts of Vitamin K and my brother has high cholesterol at the age of 18), I have not gotten anything yet and the doctor says it is highly unlikely for me to end up that way too.

High cholesterol at 18, 5 heart attacks before 60 and others with hypertension and hypercholesterolaemia? That's a good-going family history... We're taught that any kind of cardio/cerebrovascular event before the age of 60 (for men, 65 for women) in a first degree relative constitutes a significant genetic CV risk when taking a full clinical history. It's not exactly uncommon these days, but it's definitely something to write in the notes.

And a high cholesterol at 18 years old without an underlying cause (such as hypothyroidism) is unusual and might be due to familial hypercholesterolaemia. Which increases your risk even more. It's not something to piss around with- my granddad died of a stroke at 50 and I'm conscious of it myself. But again, this shouldn't be about anecdotes! We're all in our teens or twenties so our own personal experience is irrelevant.

Yes: combining plants may contain all 20 essential Amino acids but plants do not contain 158 Amino acids that meats have. Depending of the human body, these remaining amino acids can contribute to the immune system as well as the durability of tissue of the human body. - Source: my German university biology book.

This is bollocks. Eukaryotes have 21 amino acids. Only 8 are true essential amino acids. Source: my medical degree. And all of biochemistry...

As for anything else... Thanks Jag. I haven't helped and for that I think I'll leave this thread alone now.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dealing with it on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:35 pm

At Aniihya's request, I unlocked this topic. Please keep it clean, or I will lock it again.

dealing with it
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Contributor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Greeter Beta Tester Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:39 pm

In the past five years, I tried to live vegan but it made me really sick. I found out it was because I had a multitude of protein and starch allergies and intolerances. So now I am limited to legumes, nuts, fruit, rice, pseudograins, meat and fish.

My current stance is now:

-One solution doesn't fit all.
-Some people just can't be vegan, because their health doesn't allow it such as genetic disorders.
-Most vegans are still dogmatic and unsympathetic.
-I favor free range meat over factory farming.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!