Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Victims' Limbo (CLOSED)

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Victims' Limbo (CLOSED)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 am

I am still watching this thread for any questions.

---Who are we?---
At a first glance, six normal people. Unremarkable teenagers. All students at the same high school, in the same city. They've crossed paths, but they hardly know each other. There is just one uniform fact that unites them.
They are all dead.

---Where are we?---
Now they are trapped, lost in a void. Memories of their life haunt them; why can't they go peacefully? The answer? They have been murdered. Their murderer was not caught. Now they are trapped in a limbo between life and death.
Their killer is amongst them. Who? They communicate. They know that if they find the murderer, they can finally leave. However, the killer is lying, hiding, deceiving, preventing their descent to hell.

---What are we?---
Limbo is an odd place. They do not eat, drink or sleep. They cannot be injured. All there is to do is talk. They are alone. They appear how they did exactly one second before their death, fatal wounds included. They all died in different ways, they all remember how. But they have to remember that one of them is lying. One of them wasn't murdered. That one person is the killer.

Now I Explain.
Basically, this is a character-driven murder mystery roleplay that takes place after all six characters are dead. In case you didn't get the idea from my not-all-that-clear explanation above, seven of them were murdered, and one of them is the murderer, who died in a different way. The murderer is lying to them all, because if they are discovered, they will go to hell.

The Twist!
There will be only two roleplayers who know who the murderer is. Me, and the person playing him/her. (Unless, obviously, I decide that I am going to play the killer.) When everyone has signed up, I will PM one of you guys and ask if you would take the role of killer. This will be based on two things.
1. How skilled you are. You CANNOT give yourself away. Make up your story, and make it good. It's okay to put in little slips or mistakes, but there is a tricky balance to be found. Make a believable lie.
2. Your character. A one-dimensional character is no good as a murderer. Where's the motive? Where's the desire? Give your character a point. But again, find the balance. Someone filled with hate and aggression is too obvious. If you want a violent brat, make them innocent.

Rules
Sorry, I know we all hate them :)
- Literate only, please, please, please. I reserve the right to reject your character sheet based on that.
- Grammar, punctuation and spell-check: proof read. It just makes things easier.
- Please be active. This can't work if your character doesn't say anything. In fact, we might be more suspicious.
- Imaginative and original characters. I don't want eight bullied, lonely, but actually lovely and decent students. Nor do I want Mary/Gary Sues. They WILL be rejected. I'll also prod you a little if your character looks to be one.
At the end of your character skeleton, please write 'numero uno' so that I know you have read all of this. Thanks. Now continue reading.

Character Skeleton
Write as if your character is not the murderer, even if they might be.

Code: Select all
[img][Picture;%20no%20anime%20please.%20Celebrity%20face%20claims%20are%20fine][/img]
[b]Name:[/b] [Include surname]
[b]Nicknames:[/b] [If any]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Age at death:[/b]
[b]How they died:[/b] [Please be original and as diverse as possible]
[b]Injuries sustained:[/b] [These are visible in Limbo]
[b]Reputation:[/b] [Everything here will be known by all the characters, but no more, as these guys don't know each other]

If you do not want your character to be the murderer, PM me saying so. Otherwise, your character will be a candidate.

If you have any questions at all, please, please, please PM me or post here instead of deciding not to sign up.
Though I'll admit this is my first roleplay, I am by no means new to this.
Last edited by Snowfall on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is truly a blight upon the aptitude of the prosing populace that a thesaurus and certificate of poets' rights have alas never yet enriched their insipid opus...
...But who am I to preach?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Snowfall
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Victims' Limbo

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RideOnTechnology on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Name: Ms. Isamune Takata
Nicknames: "Izzy"
Sex: Female
Sexuality: Bi
Age at death: 19
How they died: Bleeding out through the gunshot wounds in her back (stomach) and shoulder.
Injuries sustained: A bullet wound in the middle of her back, exit wound through the abdomen. Another bullet wound the shoulder.
Reputation: Izzy is known as the one to get things from. She deals drugs - Vicodin, Demerol, and the likes mostly - and it is a known fact that she uses them as well. She's absolutely not afraid to fist fight with a guy, and would come out on top 9 times ot of 10. She's very rarely seen without her iPod touch and industrial-sized headphones on her ears.

numero uno
Last edited by RideOnTechnology on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-[RoT]

Zanza Labs RP <-- Warning: If you are sensitive to awesomeness or allergic to sheer fantastical greatness, proceed with caution.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RideOnTechnology
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:09 am

Yay. One down, four to go. So far, no problems, but don't forget to finish it :P

As for me...

Name: Leila Anna Scott-Smith
Nicknames: None
Sex: Female
Sexuality: Bisexual
Age at death: Sixteen
How they died: Bled to death from stab wounds
Injuries sustained: Six stab wounds ranging across her left shoulder to halfway down her back
Reputation: She's known to be reasonably popular, with a lot of people not minding her company. She's friendly, outgoing, but overly cheerful and optimistic, and only has a few close friends. She's pretty average, but some of the more perceptive students have noticed something odd about her, and word was spreading that she's a bit weird.

Snowfall
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Ahh...Sorry for the bug, RideOnTechnology, but I decided to have a go at the roleplay tab thing (better get used to it before I'm the only newb left xD)

Can you put Ms. Takata on here instead?

^_^ Thanks. Hopefully more people will find it now. I'll still be watching this thread if you want to post anything here, like, "AGH SO CONFUSED", or am I being pessimistic and basing your reaction on my own? :P

Thanks again.

Snowfall
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:25 pm

I'll get a character up soon, this looks very interesting. Just the thing I'm looking for. I'll just finish up a post that I need to get done and then I'll move on to creating a character in the RP tab. This is definitely interesting though :)

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RideOnTechnology on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:42 pm

Haha it's no problem, I'll work on that later tonight.

RideOnTechnology
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:34 pm

I posted a character, so do I just wait here for you guys to do something or what?
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowfall on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Ah, Cypher, I'm just keeping an eye on this thread in case people miss the proper one. You don't need to watch it, and I'm looking at the character sheets now. The roleplay in the tab is the one that will be taking characters and posts and things :)

Snowfall
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!