Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"View Your Posts" Issue

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

"View Your Posts" Issue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Wed May 01, 2013 5:55 pm

So, weirdly, every time I click "View Your Posts" from the drop-down menu, I get someone else's posts. This has happened three times already and it's been a different person each time-- one person I knew and two I'd never even seen before. I'm using Firefox, which is the site's recommended browser, I think, so I don't know if this is a problem that Chrome or Safari users would be having, but at any rate it's kind of odd and makes me feel slightly like an accidental creeper.

It's easy enough to replace their username in the address bar with mine, but I think maybe there should be a more permanent fix than that that I don't know about?
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."

-Lloyd Alexander

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Weird Issue with "View Your Posts"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

Happening to myself and another user as well. I clicked "View your posts" and it comes up as this.

member/Androdeas/topics/

Apologies to the user. Same person for both myself and a friend on here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu May 02, 2013 8:19 am

Everyone, including Remæus and I, is experience the same issue. We're looking into it. Thanks!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Thu May 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Glad I'm not the only one! Hope a fix can be found soon!

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Fri May 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Jynxii wrote:Glad I'm not the only one! Hope a fix can be found soon!

That is exactly what I was going to say. I'm partially glad, partially not to find this is a community wide problem, a bit of a double edged sword there. Thanks, though, for trying to fix it Jag and all the coders.
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri May 03, 2013 5:13 pm

In the meantime, you can manually edit the URL. When you click View My Posts and you get someone elses name, just replace their username with your own and you can access your information.

Note: If your username as a space in it, type %20 where the space would go. If you have an underline, just type an underline.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

I can't view my posts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 pm

So every time I click on " view your posts " I end up viewing someone else's posts instead of my own, is anyone else having this problem.
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

nightwolf
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: "View Your Posts" Issue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Sun May 05, 2013 3:43 pm

@ nightwolf: Merged your topic into this one as it was addressed here. Thanks.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kitara Turner on Thu May 16, 2013 8:04 pm

Thank god i'm not the only one
http://midnight-lotus.com needs you! Please, join our small community xx

Kitara Turner
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dementedness on Fri May 17, 2013 9:05 am

If anything, this might get a hint:

I've experienced the same problem on this very laptop I'm using, although, when I was in my music class, I was able to log in the website through the teacher's computer. What was strange is that I was able to view my posts by the same link that seems to not work on my personal computer.

Dementedness
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxRedefiningPanic on Fri May 17, 2013 5:06 pm

I've been experiencing this phenomenon for a while now. I've switched from multiple computers, and still the problem persisted. For a while it would work fine, and then revert back to displaying others' information. The last time I was on, it did eventually load correctly, but I just checked now (JUST got on and checked my PM's and received this link from Jag) and there it is again, not working.

Hopefully they figure out what in the world is goin' on. I really am glad I'm not the only one with this problem @_@

Also, I'd like to mention that on one occassion, the link did fetch a username I had already seen once before (it had shifted three to four different names in one sitting, and then went back to a username I had seen before). Anybody else?

Oh!
Dementedness wrote: What was strange is that I was able to view my posts by the same link that seems to not work on my personal computer.

Like I said earlier, I don't think that actually works. I experienced the problem on three devices within the same sitting.

xxRedefiningPanic
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue May 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Sometimes the link will work properly, other times it will route you to another user. No update on a timetable for a fix. You can manually edit the URL and put your name there to see your posts.

Jag
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!