Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"View Your Posts"

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Re: Have A Suggestion? Make It Here!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Village Alchemist wrote:After many months, the "View your posts.' function seems to be working properly again! Yippee!

. . .and now they may fix the double post problem! = D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BSX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fractal Resonance on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:33 am

Lies. My "View your posts" function is, in fact, not working properly again.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fractal Resonance
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thekherham on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:21 am

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

That is what I get when I click the 'View Your Posts' function. Then I click it again... and it works.

Just wondering why I have to click it twice.
Never mind a signature.

Thekherham
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

View Your Posts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Thu May 07, 2009 4:05 pm

The 'View Your Posts' option has just stopped working. No matter how many times I click on it, I always get the message: 'No suitable matches were found.'

Can anyone help? It's making finding my posts really hard!

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: View Your Posts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angleaya Z. on Thu May 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Idk, but it's doing the same on mine:(

Angleaya Z.
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm

This is an issue due to Rem updating some of the back end code of the site to my recollection, it should be working again shortly. Needless to say it is necessary for the over all state of the site to improve. And as such it is unfortunate it has taken place during peek time but otherwise it is the only time Rem can perform this due to his schedule.

Otherwise I strongly suggest people to keep track of their threads using the Bookmarks tool found in a thread. (Note, next to the "View Your Posts" title is a Subscribe and Bookmark topic button.) It is much better and can be accessed quicker and easier, the view your posts button is generally not an acceptable substitute for finding threads in such manners I believe.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crimson on Thu May 07, 2009 4:39 pm

What are you talkng about...am I bind...I don't see it.

Crimson
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sweet Angel Jocelyn on Thu May 07, 2009 4:45 pm

I don't see it either. I've subscribed to topics, but where's my section of the subscribed posts?

Sweet Angel Jocelyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abstract Calamity on Thu May 07, 2009 4:58 pm

I usually go to user control panel > manage bookmarks, but it's a lot easier to use view your posts. It'd be nice if there was a button to view bookmarks next to view my posts. I'd like to suggest adding that, by the way.
"The night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies.
The contract, is it worth the price?
A soul pledged to the darkness.
Now I've lost it, I know I can kill.
The truth is just beyond the Gate!"

Abstract Calamity
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Thu May 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Subscribed posts can be found in your user control panel, accessible via the Private Messages tab at the top of the site.

And, truth be told, to find threads that you've posted in, the "View Your Posts" function is definitely the best way to do so. On that note, the "View Your Posts" function is back and working now. I'm actually somewhat surprised a mod/admin hasn't made a response here to inform as such. Or, better yet, an announcement because it was dodgy to start with but now works as it should do.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abstract Calamity on Thu May 07, 2009 5:05 pm

How about a button to view bookmarked/subscribed threads next to the "view your posts" button?

Abstract Calamity
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialBeast on Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 pm

Alright. WTF? I JUST posted in a new RP. First in the OOC for it then in the IC. When I hit the 'view new post' button they Disappeared! What the hell is going on with that? I tried a couple of times. I know how to find it the hard way but that button is my lifeline! Please help! And please fix it?

EDIT: One other thing. Occasionally when I hit the 'View your Posts' button it comes back with "no suitable matches were found". I know you guys are trying VERY hard but honestly All I want to do is have some stress free RPing fun. Could someone let me know what is going on with the site? I know I'm not a Mod or anything but it's obvious you are doing SOMETHING. The Reason I know something is going on is because I didn't have these problems a few weeks ago. I'm just wondering cause I'm starting to get frustrated.

Thanks All! Keep up the hard work!

~CelestialBeast
Last edited by CelestialBeast on Wed May 13, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Resident Nine foot cat is here to help! And is looking for a place to call home. If you want to do a PRP, I'm up for that, so msg me!

One Last thing! Looking for a RP that myself (Nine Foot Celestic Cat) would fit into. Thanks!

CelestialBeast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CelestialBeast on Tue May 19, 2009 4:01 am

Alright. I'm just a little frustrated tonight. I have click the "View you posts" button who knows how many times. All I get is this msg saying "No suitable matches were found". If I wasn;t so frustrated I'd be ok but it has irked me for the LAST time. What the hell is going on? I'm about to lose it, go completely nuts, bonkers, "They're coming to take me away Ha HA!", insane. You get my point I am sure.

CelestialBeast
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

View Your Posts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phidius on Tue May 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Hey, what's up with the 'View Your Posts' thing? Every time I try to click it it says, 'No suitable matches found,' and then '<--Return to advanced search.'

I'M SOFA KING WE TOD DID!!! (Say it slow and out loud)

(\ /)
( . .)
(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Phidius
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AHeartlessNobody on Tue May 19, 2009 4:32 pm

If you wait a while it will stop.
Yes, yes I do.

AHeartlessNobody
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rozwell on Tue May 19, 2009 5:34 pm

You could try clicking Control - refresh ^^ that always helps me out. Though I'm not really sure why it does that.

Rozwell
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Catacomb on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:30 pm

I would have that issue too intermittently. Now however, I get the following using FIrefox 3.0.10 Doesn't show the tabs correctly, etc. Basically fubared.

Catacomb
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

"View Your Posts"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [Ace] on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Lately I've been having issues searching my posts. Namely, using the 'view your posts' link. Now it reads no suitable matches have been found, and when I search manually, I get the same thing.

I really need to see some of my OLD posts to read through something, but I cannot... :<

[Ace]
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: "View Your Posts"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keikeiya on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:23 pm

I have the same problem. I cant view any of my older posts and have to dig. I even got desperate and google searched until I found it.

Keikeiya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: "View Your Posts"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wolfangel26 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:26 pm

I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one with the same problem! I'm at a loss of what to do and need help as well.
"Humor is reason gone made."- Groucho Marx
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity."- George Carlin
"It is better to know some of the questions before all of the answers."- James Thurber

Image Image Image Image Image

wolfangel26
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!