Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Another Year at the Buckley School

a part of “Another Year at the Buckley School”, a fictional universe by chanelindistress.

This slice of life role-play follows the lives of the middle and high schoolers that attend the Buckley School in California.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Another Year at the Buckley School”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Fri May 12, 2017 8:56 am

Hello, my loves!! Thank you for reading the introduction page and know that I am in the process of adding different tabs in the OOC as we go. Please include all of the requirements listed under the rules in your reservations and be advised that the current face claims are taken:

Dytto || Senior
Cody Christian || Senior
Yovanna Ventura || Junior
Dylan Sprayberry || Sophomore
Taylor Nunez || Freshman
Corey Fogelmanis || Freshman
Khia Lopez || Eighth Grader

Tatyana Carter || Senior || Queen Bee
Adryan Hanson || Senior || Drifter {Used to be Jock}
HRVY || Sophomore || Wannabe
Genneya Walton || Eighth Grader || Cool Kid
Carson Luerdes || Eighth Grader || Outcast
Last edited by chanelindistress on Fri May 12, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: Another Year at the Buckley School

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Fri May 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello! May I reserve the following character:

face claim: Nina Houston
grade: 8th
clique: Soap Opera
AP: No

Also, I know that you gave us a character template for a reason, but do you possibly already have the bbcode for a premade character sheet (design and all)? I'm one of those people who'd almost always use a character sheet supplied by the GM, so I would really appreciate it if you had a premade bbcode for a character sheet ^^ It doesn't have to be particularly fancy, but if you don't have one (other than the template), that's fine too! Thank you!

(I have a sneaking suspicion that I did something wrong...)
Last edited by Korruption on Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korruption
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Fri May 12, 2017 2:15 pm

@Korruption, hello my love!! Thank you for your interest and reservation!! I'm pretty sure you did nothing wrong; I hadn't responded earlier because I was actually offline and away from my computer. I just want logged off on all devices, so it might look like I am :p

While I am still dealing with some stuff in RL, I'll be more than willing to provide a bbcode character template for you a bit later okay?

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Fri May 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Great, thanks ^^

Korruption
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Fri May 12, 2017 4:03 pm

For anyone else who happens to reserve and needs one, I put this together. You are more than welcome to beautify it as you see fit; I welcome it.

Code: Select all
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]IMG[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]name[/img]
[size=200][b]「[/b][/size][font=garamond][size=120][i]"theme song lyric [maybe a couple lines or so]”[/i][/size][/font] [size=200][b]」[/b][/size]
[font=Garamond][size=120]-WHO[/size][/font]
[font=Garamond][url=songLink]SongName[/url] || [url=songLink]SongName[/url] || [url=songLink]SongName[/url] |[/center][/font]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][font=Garamond]|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Name[/b][/size][/color]|

[First, middle, last]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Nickname(s)[/b][/size][/color]|

[15-18]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Age[/b][/size][/color]|

[9-18]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Date of Birth[/b][/size][/color]|

[Pretty self-explanatory]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Astrological Sign[/b][/size][/color]|

[Pretty self-explanatory; it's your star sign, if you really didn't know.]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Nationality[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Ethnicity[/b][/size][/color]|

[Alrighty, ladies and gents! The difference between your ethnicity and nationality is that nationality correlates with the country you are a part of or even originally born in. Where you have citizenship. Ethnicity is your genetic make-up. What are you mixed with?]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Sexual Orientation[/b][/size][/color]|

[Pretty self-explanatory; you can include romantic orientation as well, if you find it necessary IC]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Sexual History[/b][/size][/color]|

[Has your character hit the wham, bam, thank-you-ma'am on somebody? How many? Do they even want to?]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Relationship History[/b][/size][/color]|

[Has your character been in a relationship? With how many?]

|[color=#HEX][size=120][b]Relationship Status[/b][/size][/color]|

[Pretty self-explanatory][/font][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]Appearance[/img]
[size=200][b]「[/b][/size][font=garamond][size=120][i]"theme song lyric [maybe a couple lines or so]”[/i][/size][/font] [size=200][b]」[/b][/size][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]Gif[/img]
[img]Gif[/img]
[img]Gif[/img]
[img]GIf[/img][/right]

[center][font=Garamond][color=#Color][size=130][b]Height[/b][/size][/color]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Weight[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Body Shape[/b][/size][/color]|

[Hourglass? Pear? Apple? Coke Bottle? Ruler? Banana? Triangle?]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Body Type[/b][/size][/color]|

[Mesomorph? Ectomorph? Endomorph? I think that's all of them :p]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Shape of Face[/b][/size][/color]|

[Heart, Round, Square, Oval, Diamond, Inverted Triangle/Teardrop?]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Skin Tone[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Eye Color[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Hair Color? Type? Styles?[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Distinguishing Marks[/b][/size][/color]|

[Do they have childhood scars? Scars that probably shouldn't be there but are? Moles or freckles? What's that birthmark looking like? Ooh, do they wear glasses and contacts? How about tattoos or piercings?]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Fashion Sense[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Overall Attractiveness[/b][/size][/color]|

[On a scale of one to ten, how hot is your character? Are they even on the hot meter, or on the cute meter? Is their number higher or lower than the one they would like to give themselves? It's ok to be vain!][/center][/font]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]

[center][img]Personality[/img]
[size=200][b]「[/b][/size][font=garamond][size=120][i]"theme song lyric [maybe a couple lines or so]”[/i][/size][/font] [size=200][b]」[/b][/size][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr][center][font=Garamond][left][/left]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Good Traits[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Bad Traits[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Personality[/b][/size][/color]|

[Write out their personalities. I don't believe in there not being a written section for the personality and it [b]must[/b] include at least two paragraphs. For those who do not know, paragraphs consist of seven to ten sentences, and not anything less than that. This is the part where you really explicate or delve into who your character is. Remember, there should be no Mary and Gary Sues. Even the so-called good ones have negative traits. Expound on them.]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Strengths[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Weaknesses[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Greatest Joys in Life[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Greatest Fears[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Priorities[/b][/size][/color]|

[We are starting at the end of the first semester of the 2016-2017 school year, so what is your character prioritizing as of right now? Grades? Enjoying the rest of the year? Elevating themselves socially? Getting with that special someone by prom?]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Life Philosophy[/b][/size][/color]|

[What is the quote your character absolutely lives by? Is it from their own mouths? Or from the mouths of pens of those they admire?][/font][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]The%20Past[/img]
[size=200][b]「[/b][/size][font=garamond][size=120][i]"theme song lyric [maybe a couple lines or so]"[/i][/size][/font] [size=200][b]」[/b][/size][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[right][img]bigGif[/img][/right][font=garamond][center]|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Hometown[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Upbringing[/b][/size][/color]|

[The great thing is that if you want to include a bit of their history in this section or even in the section where you outline the relationship that the character has with their family, you are more than welcome to do so. For instance, you can give me two to three paragraphs here and give me a lot of detail about their upbringing. Which gives you less to write about when you get to the family relations. Or you can write a lot in the family relations section as an explanation to why the relationships are the way that they are.]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Idol or Hero[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Pets[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Dreams[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Education[/b][/size][/color]|

[Have they always studied at Buckley? If not, where else?][/font][/center]

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]The%20Present[/img]
[size=200][b]「[/b][/size][font=garamond][size=120][i]"theme song lyric [maybe a couple lines or so]"[/i][/size][/font] [size=200][b]」[/b][/size][/center]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center]|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Household[/b][/size][/color]|

[Who lives with your character?]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Pets[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Secrets[/b][/size][/color]|

[Everybody has them. And these are kids at a private school where it's hard to keep shit private? You know you gotta give me at least three]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Summer Spent[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Socioeconomic Status[/b][/size][/color]|

[Okay, but this is really important. As you'll have read at least once in the tabs, this school thrives on it's ignoring cultural diversity while claiming to exalt it and looking down on others based on the kind of money their family makes. What kind does yours make? Don't be embarrassed; not everyone has to be uber rich]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Residence[/b][/size][/color]|

[Where do they live? What's the address? You are more than welcome to provide links.]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Transportation[/b][/size][/color]|

[How does your character get around? Car? What kind? Is it theirs or their parents'? Do they even drive or are they driven? Or are they in the PT (public transportation) club like me?][/font][/center][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]Family[/img]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center]|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Family Member[/b][/size][/color]|

[What is the relationship to this person? Is it good or bad? Are they close or not? How does this affect your character and how everyone else sees them?][/font][/center][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]The%20Future[/img]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center]|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Short Term Goals[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Long Term Goals[/b][/size][/color]|

[Pretty self-explanatory; I will say that not everyone has their shit planned out. We would like to, but it's okay if they don't. Just say that...or, in this case, write it.]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Aspirations[/b][/size][/color]|

[Pretty self-explanatory][/font][/center][hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center][img]School%20Life[/img]
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
[center]|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Grade[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Lifer? Newcomer?[/b][/size][/color]|

[I guess I can explain again lol. One of the big things that a person is judged on IC, even more than wealth, is if they are a lifer or not. A lifer is someone who has been at Buckley since the very beginning of their education. There has been nowhere else on their educational roadmap that they took a pit stop at. A newcomer just got here maybe yesterday, maybe a year or two ago. Some people, though, can be considered an in-betweener. Like, if they came in during their fifth grade year. Those people are probably more accepted and considered a true Buckley kid a lot more than someone who just got here.]

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Scholarship or No?[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Clique[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Are you happy here? Why or why not?[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]If you could change your clique, would you? To What?[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Clubs or Teams?[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]Sports?[/b][/size][/color]|

|[color=#Color][size=120][b]What are you looking forward to the most?[/b][/size][/color]|

[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
|[color=#Color][size=120][b]OOC[/b][/size][/color]|

[What is your character's face claim? Dialogue color? What is your timezone and how often do you think that you will be able to post?]
[/center][/font]

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Fri May 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Hello love!

face claim: Lianne La Havas
grade: 12th
clique: Artisians

face claim: Broderick Hunter
clique: Jocks
AP: Yes

face claim: Katherine Mcnamara
grade: 10th
clique: Royal

face claim: Maddie Ziegler
grade: 8th
clique: Prep

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepingInTheGardens on Fri May 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Alright you got me! I can't ever resist a good RP :D I was originally going to reserve four but I restrained myself and settled with 3 (lol) Last two will be siblings

fc: Victoria Justice || grade 12 || clique Royal || AP Yes

fc: Park Choa || grade 11 || clique performers || AP No

fc: Choi Minki || grade 10 || clique artisans || AP Yes

note! If it comes down to it and there's a need to even out the boy/girl ratio I can take on another character.
I'll leave the fourth space open for that.
★·.·´¯`·.·★ ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs, ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ★·.·´¯`·.·★

SleepingInTheGardens
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Fri May 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi, it's me again. Do you mind if I reserve two more characters?

face claim: Luke Korns
clique: Jock
AP: no

face claim: Brooke Hyland
grade: 10th
clique: Artisan
AP: yes

Korruption
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Fri May 12, 2017 8:19 pm

SleepingInTheGardens, ;D I was hoping I'd get you! Welcome aboard! And if you happen to bring that fourth on, I definitely won't be against it!

@BleedingLover, heeeyyyyyy!!!!!

@Korruption, I'm for it! Can't wait to see everyone!!

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby συιʝα on Fri May 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Just gonna leave this here. :3
face claim: Elizabeth Wheeland
grade: 11th
clique: Trouble Maker
AP: yasssss
ImageImage

συιʝα
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepingInTheGardens on Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 pm

@Girl2Fine2: Gosh! I'm honored! :D I might add another male then, maybe. We'll see where the wind takes me... (and by the wind i mean my work schedule :P)

SleepingInTheGardens
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miserable on Sat May 13, 2017 9:21 am

My school schedule is finally winding down so as I get back into the swing of things I should definitely have time for this, too. My last final is Tuesday so my characters should be done by Wednesday.

~Face Claim - Kacey Carrig
~Grade - 12
~Clique - Royal
~AP Student or not? - Yes

~Face Claim - Bridget Satterlee
~Grade - 11
~Clique - Prep or Royal, no completely sure yet
~AP Student or not? - No

Miserable
Member for 16 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sat May 13, 2017 10:45 am

I am so down for these reservations and face claims. More importantly, @Miserable, where did you find Kacey and can I keep him? <3

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby partially-stars on Sat May 13, 2017 12:24 pm

Hey everyone! I was considering reserving two characters, but until I get a better idea of what my workload's going to be like for the next three weeks, I'll just stick with the one.

face claim: Emily Rudd
grade: Junior
clique: Rebels (subject to change, depending on how her character turns out)
ap student: Yes.
those who do not believe in magic will never find it.

nominate a universe for universe of the month!
new to RPG or looking to help people who are? check out asphodel!

partially-stars
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 15 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tye on Sat May 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Alrighty then, let's see if I'm doing this right.

Face Claim - Jace Norman
Grade - 10
Clique - Jocks
AP - Yes

Face Claim - Ariana Grande
Grade - 12
Clique - Performers
AP - No

Face Claim: Nick Robinson
Grade - 11
Clique - Animals
AP - Yes

Face Claim: Laneya Grace
Grade - 9
Clique - Niner
AP - Yes
Last edited by Tye on Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tye
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sat May 13, 2017 1:38 pm

@Tye, you definitely did it right, my love :D Welcome!!

@iCat, heeeeeyyyy yooooouuuuu!!!!!

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tye on Sat May 13, 2017 3:56 pm

I made a few changes to my reservation. Hope that's all right. Also, and I'm sure this was stated somewhere, even though I did read over every tab, so can you confirm approximately when during the year this roleplay will being (beginning of school, middle, etc)?

Tye
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Sat May 13, 2017 4:06 pm

I will definitely be posting the bulletin board/calendar at some point between today and Monday, but it's kind of close to the end of the semester, middle of the school year. I'm thinking the second to the last or the last week of school just before winter break in December. I have a few things planned, based off of the actual calendar of the very much real school. Sorry that that wasn't clear.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tye on Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 pm

My fault, I realized that you specified that in the character sheet you provided once I started working on it. Kristina is done, and I'll start on the others tomorrow :). Thanks for your patience.

Tye
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SleepingInTheGardens on Sun May 14, 2017 2:34 am

Mkay! Jazz and Sam are finished (for the most part. I realized I am missing a few minor details so I will go in and add those tomorrow) for anyone that wants to talk character relations. I'm working on Camila and should have her in soon as well! :)

SleepingInTheGardens
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!