Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Changing Hands

Changing Hands

a part of “Changing Hands”, a fictional universe by The Great Thundorz.

Every hand can change something if it reaches out and grabs for it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Changing Hands”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Changing Hands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:38 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Changing Hands"

Uh, why hello there. You seem to have stumbled upon my RP. So if you have an interest in joining, that's great! I hope I don't end up making you regret it. I'll be doing my best to run this and make it an enjoyable ride for everyone! If you do end up joining, you can ask me or another member in the RP for an invite into the Discord server! I prefer to have it so I can communicate easier with my members! I'll be putting up terms to know for the RP soon enough. Anyway, that's all I have to put in here for now. I hope to have a great ride with this!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Re: Changing Hands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Great Thundorz on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Important terms to know: Avalon: The older of the two countries, and the better off of the two. Avalon was the more technologically advanced of the two, as shown when the war broke out 500 years ago by sending out their already completed Mecha Units. 15 years ago Avalon's former leader of the Mecha Units was killed in an ambush launched by Odessia's forces. His son has since taken up the role, and was the representative for Avalon when declaring the war had ended.

Odessia: The younger of the two countries, and the one in worse shape after the war. Since the beginning of the war, Avalon has pushed constant attacks on Odessia and taken to destroying their resources whenever possible. Though Odessia is known for making the Corrosive Cavalry, they have little else left after all this time of fighting. Their current leader was elected after The Organization was taken down and was the representative for Odessia when declaring the war had ended.

Mecha Units: 500 years ago, a few prototypes were discovered and examined by Avalon before Odessia could get their hands fully on them. The first Mecha Units were made based off of these designs, and they were used in the first major battle of the war, absolutely destroying Odessia's forces at the time. Ever since, Avalon's best forces have been the Mecha Units. Now with the war over, they are being used to take care of things no one else can right now.

Corrosive Cavalry: 500 years ago, Odessia's forces lost the first major battle of the war due to the appearance of Mecha Units. This caused them to make the Corrosive Cavalry in response: Half vehicle, half mecha creations that focused more on militarized firepower than the humanoid Mecha Units. While considered having more firepower than the Mecha Units, Odessia's resources were constantly targetted by Avalon in order to cripple the overall power of the Corrosive Cavalry. WIth the war over, they have been assigned more to help out with the smaller things while also providing protection for Avalon and Odessia.

Arcane Arts: There are three Arcane Arts, rumor is there is a fourth but no one can confirm it's existence. The Arcane Arts are each tied to a specific symbol, applying this symbol with the correct means upon a person or an object will cause a reaction. For Mecha's, these reactions act more like small buffs. One increases power, one increases speed and one increases defense. When the Arcane Arts were brought into the war, they changed the way both sides would fight against each other and where the expeditions of the ancient civilization's ruins would become an important aspect for the war.

Guilty Desires: In the beginning of the war, a drug was made with the idea being to enhance the human body's senses while numbing the emotional aspects to make them more apathetic in the heat of battle. Though the drug resulted in many human's deaths, it was perfected and used by both countries. After hundreds of years of usage, it has ultimately changed the human body and even brought out those who are called "The Rejects" due to their psychic-like abilities. The Rejects are rarely born, it is said one out of every hundred person is born a Reject. With the war over and the name of the drug decided, it was finally made illegal for usage in both countries. Now both countries seek to help out The Rejects in the hopes of making a better world for future generations to live in.

Unknown Virus: After the conflict 5 years ago, a new virus was detected that caught the attention of both countries. A cure has been made and has been barely able to hold it off. Both countries are now looking into removing the virus for good, hoping to prevent another tragedy.

The Xel Incident: Five years ago, Avalon and Odessia wished to end the war for good. Around this time, a boy and a mecha were both discovered and brought to a secluded Avalon base. A few days later, the boy was able to speak modern language. However, a Mecha attacked and was dubbed "The Messenger" afterword. It wiped out the base and almost killed the boy, but was forced to retreat at the call of an unknown master. The boy and his mecha were brought over to personally visit Avalon's leader, whose father was known as the most ruthless person the war had ever seen. Wishing to end the war, Avalon's leader saw a chance to make things right by using the boy and his mecha as help.

But all was not to go as smoothly as Avalon's leader hoped. A new organization arose and entered into the war, declaring that it would use beasts like The Messenger to destroy both countries for the awful war they had let go on for so long. The Avalon Council would dub a new title upon the new beast that would attack. The Organization managed to awaken 9 of them, but each time, they were destroyed and The Organization was forced to send it's best fighters to continue their plans. The boy and his mecha continued to prove valuable against The Organization and their efforts. As Avalon grew closer to Odessia, the harder The Organization pushed back to fight against them. But in the end, the boy managed to get Avalon's leader to Odessia and both leaders began to talk of ending the war.

That's when The Organization's leader and it's remaining forces made one final move. With their leader, The Messenger and the surviving best Mecha's they could use, they launched a full on assault on Odessia in an attempt to wipe it off the face of the planet. While everyone fought against the Mecha's, the boy ended up facing The Messenger and managed to destroy it for good. Though the final confrontation with the leader is shrouded in mystery, he died and his plans were stopped. With The Organization's remaining forces surrendering, both countries finally declared the war to be over and the process for rebuilding both countries could finally begin.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Great Thundorz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Novelist Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!